Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

Remember a lot of these sites will have multiple caches
Dog, or anyone else who knows - I have seen the idea of multiple caches at sites mentioned before.
* Any idea why multiple caches would have been left behind?
* When you say "sites" are you meaning related caches spread out over many miles? Or small caches in close proximity to a main cache?
* I am aware of the idea that small caches were left behind to pay sentinels. Is this what you mean?
I've just never seen this explained and have been wondering how I could apply this to my sites. Thanks!

Meanwhile, while I'm waiting to figure out how to label the pictures I'll give some explanations about the pictures. But first,

Sum uh ya proly figur Ah jist fell off'em the turnip truck. I said MOSS on some of the rocks (my head still hurts from this one). I meant LICHEN on the rocks. I really knew better.
************************************************************************************
There are two pages of pictures on my album so I'll refer to pics. on page one as (for example) 1:1, 1:2, etc. and page two as 2:1, 2:2, etc. This will also help (I hope) keep from confusing picture numbers with rock numbers from the map.

P=picture
P #'s 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 The owl cave.
P #s 1:4, 1:5, 1:6 Bank of dry creek bed. I can't explain the dark image below right corner of scribbled out part. in 5, 6. It isn't showing in # 4 and isn't really there.
P #1:7, 1:8, 1:9 All are alignment rocks.
P #1:10 Shaft sign, barely rt of center.
P #1:11 Nearby rock slide. No one was there tho it looks like a person bottom slightly rt of center.
P #1:12 Face. The only rock of its kind in the area.
P #1:13 Three sided pyramid (about 10 yds from starting point, rock #1). 3 ft tall shows 2 boulders (P#14) in a triangle pattern.
P #1:14 The 2 boulders pic. taken from pyramid #13.
P #1:15, 1:23, 1:24 Different views of rock #11.
P #1:16, 1:17, 1:18, 1:19, 1:20, 1:21 alignment rocks 15,16,17,18.
P #1:22 Rock 12.
P #1:25 Laying down triangle with rectangles around dowel shaped rocks. Notice rock nest to rt dowel. see P #2:1.

Page 2
P #2:1 Rock next to dowel upside down on ground. Pen is to show size.
P #2:2 Laying down rock. Mentioned elsewhere, the part in the front of the pic., if the rock were standing up would be buried and holding it up. I suspect that the other 2 triangles have similar foundations.
P #2:3, 2:5, 2:6 Rock #9. Notice fish mouth.
P #2:4, 2:8, 2:9, 2:11 Rock #8. #2:9 corner broke off.
P #2:7 Not sure which rock this is.
P #2:12 Rocks #'s 8 & 9 aligned exactly N-S with north star.
P #2:13, 2:14 Rock #7.
P #2:15 Rock #6.
P #2:16 Rock #5.
P #2:17 Rock #4 (stop rock).
P #2:18 Rocks #2, 3.
P #2:19 Rock #1 starting at south end of map.

While I was entering the info in the previous post I remembered something but didn't dare go look at the pics. in the album because knowing me and how much I understand this stuff, I might have lost everything I had entered.

So, the very last picture, 2:19, rock #1, in the background slightly to the rt of center is Rock #2. This tells how easy the trail was to follow once I figured it out. Whoever laid out this trail made it easy.

Dog, or anyone else who knows - I have seen the idea of multiple caches at sites mentioned before.
* Any idea why multiple caches would have been left behind?
* When you say "sites" are you meaning related caches spread out over many miles? Or small caches in close proximity to a main cache?
* I am aware of the idea that small caches were left behind to pay sentinels. Is this what you mean?
I've just never seen this explained and have been wondering how I could apply this to my sites. Thanks!

Miboje, what i see out may way. Are very large tombs,vaults from Ancient times,that have been raided by very early treasure hunters,before the Spanish. I think there was so much they couldn't take it all.So the same as the shares divided up to haul out, the rest was divided up and cached at sites. Like for the Leaders,Engineers,Clergyman,Teamsters Freighters ,Security force ,Cooks and so fort. Each having there markers. Those guys were good,they knew what they where doing.They also knew there would be other treasure hunters looking.So they hid the best they could. Iam just talking my area, but when you have a group working together,the spoils get divided up, keeps everybody happy. Hope this helps

This snake head is next to a highway, I haven't explored the area yet. P1010011.JPGP1010014.JPG

I found this at a new site. (I hope I posted the right pictures)

Thanks all.

Last edited:
This is an attempt to upload the first 10 rocks shown on the map.

1st1.JPG2 .JPG
First row of pictures: rock 1 with rock 2 in background; rock 2 circled with rock 3 behind it not really visible

2nd4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG
Second row: rock 4, stop rock with cactus in front if it; rock 5; rock 6

3rd7a.JPG7b.JPG8 & 9.JPG
Third row: rock 7; rock 7; rock 8 & 9

4th8b.JPG8a.JPG8c.JPG
Fourth row: rock 8 with broken corner circled; rock 8 with fish mouth circled; rock 8 with broken corner and fish mouth circled

5th8d.JPG9a.JPG9b.JPG
Fifth row: rock 8; rock 9, not very clear; rock 9 with fish mouth circled

6th9c.JPG9d.JPG9e.JPG
Sixth row: rock 9; rock 9; rock 9

7th10a.JPG10b.JPG10c.JPG
Seventh row: rock 10; rock 10; rock 10

I hope it worked.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I edited post 1890 to put in the text. If you looked at it before the text was added Maybe you would look again.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
On post 1887 I am familiar with the area and the only thing I have noticed is the owl cave which is about 100 yards downstream. If I'm missing something please give me some ideas of what to look for.

Thanks all.

On post 1888 I noticed the snake has something in its mouth. I hope to go look closer within the next 2 or 3 days so if someone has some ideas of what I should be looking for I would really appreciate hearing from you. A novice like me may not recognize the details unless I know what to look for.

Thanks all.

Hey, I have a really crazy (dumb) question. I've been reading posts on several threads here on T-net and keep reading where people look at the pictures others post and the reader posts replies like, "Go 123 feet Northeast."

I understand the Vera thing as USUALLY 33 inches but sometimes 28 inches or even Royal Trail as 66 inches. Aside from all that how on earth, even if I measured distance between various markers, would I know how far to go and in what direction?

Yes, some rocks seem to point the way but I can't figure out what's next after I go that way.

The measurement thing has me completely baffled.

Somebody who understands it could, if you would, (please, please) send me a PM, long or short, (or longer, I enjoy reading and don't get bored with details; I like technical stuff) like a book, like sandy1's aura book, explaining the whole thing. Yes, I took four years out of my education to go to college but don't let that stop you from starting at the kindergarten level. Sometimes my Asperger's syndrome helps me want to start at the beginning.

I am learning so much from you folks. Keep it up.

Thanks all.

Enjoy your hobby and leave the tape measure at home. Aside from the Spyder Rocks, which were surveyed and measured
in miles, I have found exactly one site that needed measured. It was obvious that this site would need measured
after looking around for a half hour. I may do a lost horse type story on it if I can figure out how to do diagrams on
a computer. R.

Enjoy your hobby and leave the tape measure at home. Aside from the Spyder Rocks, which were surveyed and measured
in miles, I have found exactly one site that needed measured. It was obvious that this site would need measured
after looking around for a half hour. I may do a lost horse type story on it if I can figure out how to do diagrams on
a computer. R.

Id like to see that and hear that story,looking forward to it. Especially with that leave your slide ruler at home statement. View attachment 1503256Listen up

Well. This is beginning to make more sense. I really couldn't see how measuring would help me but I'm still open to other views.

Thanks, Hoofer.

Thanks all.

Howdy ya'll,

Sorry that its been so long since posting...you all know how it is when you get out in the never never, you just dont want to come home. So.....
We have been back to the most perplexing site that I have ever found. It is in the Nevada outback, so when you get there, you are staying for a while. With all of the hearts, turtles, monuments, mini death trap monuments and so on, I am at a total loss. This last trip we spent 17 days criss crossing the area, and all we have are more questions. I will be home for a few days, and if there is any interest in this yard by anyone on Tnet, I could sure use some help. If not, I understand. (This one relates to the small stone heart that we found that has a map on it, the turtles and lines that intersect that I posted about a couple of years back). A humungous tree with a skull carved into it, a bunch of owls, M's and on and on and on.
If there is any interest, I will post the maps, some photos, and other relevant materials on this site....and if it works out, I will let everyone know.....
Forever in the wilderness, (or at least until the grubstake runs out),
bonuntr

Howdy ya'll,

Sorry that its been so long since posting...you all know how it is when you get out in the never never, you just dont want to come home. So.....
We have been back to the most perplexing site that I have ever found. It is in the Nevada outback, so when you get there, you are staying for a while. With all of the hearts, turtles, monuments, mini death trap monuments and so on, I am at a total loss. This last trip we spent 17 days criss crossing the area, and all we have are more questions. I will be home for a few days, and if there is any interest in this yard by anyone on Tnet, I could sure use some help. If not, I understand. (This one relates to the small stone heart that we found that has a map on it, the turtles and lines that intersect that I posted about a couple of years back). A humungous tree with a skull carved into it, a bunch of owls, M's and on and on and on.
If there is any interest, I will post the maps, some photos, and other relevant materials on this site....and if it works out, I will let everyone know.....
bonuntr

Looking forward to your pics. If it's been a really long time since you have been on the forum, you may find Sandy1's thread "A Guide to Vault Treasure Hunting" of great interest.

Howdy ya'll,

bonuntr

I have wondered what happened with you bonuntr, you seem to come on for a brief moment,then disappear for a long time. I know i sure would like to see the stuff you have found. I really cant remember the stuff you have posted before. But yea, id like to see it. I hope you and Hoofer both share some of your finds. If i see something that looks very close to the set ups out my way,ill let you know thru a private pm. And even with a private pm on here i still wont say where i think its at. Id have to say it by a different system. I hope you show some photos. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back