Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

P1010011.JPGP1010039.JPGP1010041.JPG

western site
These are the snake head I found at a new site. Another thing about the snake mouth: It has been sculpted out on the inside. If the two parts were brought together there would be a cavity between them, my guess is 6 to 8 inches between the top and bottom of the mouth. There is a distinctive channel in the top jaw, inside the mouth. A similar one in the bottom jaw but having not survived as well.

All of the rocks in this area are of the type I call "rotten granite'. that is, it crumbles easily. There is a lot of wear over the centuries. I am surprised anything survived.

I have other pictures from this site but I want to post them in groups so as not to lose them by my blundering or cause confusion by putting too many pictures in one post.
I call this site "western" to prevent confusion with other sites.

More to follow.

Thanks all.

Sorry, the one at the bottom doesn't belong. ignore it.

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Clifdweller here.

The "hoodoo" behind the snake head has a face on top looking toward one of the side canyons across the main canyon.See the previous post.
P1010014.JPG This is a closeup of the snake head.

Last edited:
Clifdweller here.

These A-frames point to either one of the two side canyons or the hill between.P1010029.JPGP1010031.JPGP1010022.JPGP1010033.JPGP1010032.JPGP1010034.JPG
There is one that is not an A-frame but two points that align with the hill across the canyon.

Thanks all.

Clifdweller here.

P1010026.JPGP1010046.JPGP1010044.JPGP1010036.JPG

These are shaft signs in the area. Notice in the hilltop pictures the upside down L rock at the left of the outcropping.

One of the pictures has a 5' 10" person standing at the right of the shaft sign to show its size.

The other shaft sign is about 8 inches wide.

Thanks all.

clifdweller here.

This will be the last post in this series. Give you all a break.

View attachment 1505123View attachment 1505125

On picture is what looks like a throne but maybe it rolled from its original position.

The other picture is a 1 1/4 square inch red rock that looks like it was inserted into a carefully chipped out hole. I didn't see the square-ish gray spot to the left until I looked at the picture. I 'll need to go look t it closer.

Any help you can give me with these would be most welcome.

Thanks all.

I sure would like to see those photos.

Dog, were you able to open the attachments and see the pictures? If not I will post them again. I don't know how I managed to convert them to attachments but it wasn't in the plan.

Thanks all.

Dog, were you able to open the attachments and see the pictures? If not I will post them again. I don't know how I managed to convert them to attachments but it wasn't in the plan.

Thanks all.

Not Dog here, but your attachments are not working for me.

P1010017.JPGP1010042.JPG
I hope this works.

One picture is what looks like a throne but maybe it rolled from its original position.

The other picture is a 1 1/4 square inch red rock that looks like it was inserted into a carefully chipped out hole. I didn't see the square-ish gray spot to the left until I looked at the picture. I 'll need to go look at it closer.

I have more pictures but I need to download them from the wife's camera. That will take a day or two. Some of the pictures point to a hill to the left of these shone where there is a spot of quakies that might be getting water from a tunnel (?)

Any help you can give me with these would be most welcome.

Thanks all.

Thanks all.

Cliff, the forum sometimes has a little quirk with photos. If you don't put a space between multiple pics when posting, they often end up being dead link attachments like they did above. Just one of those things you learn from experience here. You're doing great, you'll have the hang of it in no time. :icon_thumright:

Thanks all.

Yes, I see them now. Thanks,those are some great photos,and even a greater site. For a beginner you sure picked a great site. I curious on what attracted you to it, the large carvings, locale legend?

If your strapped for cash clifD, I hate to see you spend that money on a camera and metal detector. But i guess you have to find out for yourself. Good Luck.

Also ClifD, if the camera and metal detector doesn't workout for you, dont give up on that site. Give up on that system. Good Luck.

Lots of big boulders on the side pictures were taken from, lots of trees in the side canyons opposite side. Just have to look casual and hike around for now.

I do have some pictures for the "western" site that are still on the wife's camera/phone that I would like to post but I still need to get them downloaded. Hopefully, I can post them in a couple of days.

For now, I am wondering about something else.

I have another site that I have not mentioned before, I call it "Daddy", because of the obvious throne, (King, Daddy, get it? This is how I remember things.). I'm wondering about posting those pictures possibly even before I post the rest from the "western" site or if that would cause too much confusion.

By the way, the first site I posted pictures from a couple of weeks ago I call "castle". I've set this site aside because it's quite far away now--I've moved some distance from it and only get there when I go back to the old homestead for other reasons, and it seems like too much of a mystery anyway.

Somebody please comment on the best approach so I don't make a mess of things.

Thanks all.

I do have some pictures for the "western" site that are still on the wife's camera/phone that I would like to post but I still need to get them downloaded. Hopefully, I can post them in a couple of days.

For now, I am wondering about something else.

I have another site that I have not mentioned before, I call it "Daddy", because of the obvious throne, (King, Daddy, get it? This is how I remember things.). I'm wondering about posting those pictures possibly even before I post the rest from the "western" site or if that would cause too much confusion.

By the way, the first site I posted pictures from a couple of weeks ago I call "castle". I've set this site aside because it's quite far away now--I've moved some distance from it and only get there when I go back to the old homestead for other reasons, and it seems like too much of a mystery anyway.

Somebody please comment on the best approach so I don't make a mess of things.

Thanks all.

If your looking to get some experience and see and learn, close to home saves time and money. If your looking to dig and recover, close to home saves time and money. I always like the ones that are close, but of course private and hidden from the public.

When I first started finding sites, I traveled about 18 hours of driving to start learning on a place I had found elk hunting in another state, as I didn't realize the scope of this stuff or recognize many of the markers that were actually pretty common near where I live. You don't need to be in the mining areas, there are cache areas on the trails to and from them and all the way out to the sea ports (any major travel route will do).

When I first started finding sites, I traveled about 18 hours of driving to start learning on a place I had found elk hunting in another state, as I didn't realize the scope of this stuff or recognize many of the markers that were actually pretty common near where I live. You don't need to be in the mining areas, there are cache areas on the trails to and from them and all the way out to the sea ports (any major travel route will do).

1. Who cached all this bullion?
2. Why was so much bullion cached at so many sites all along trails?
3. Why wasn't bullion either cached in mining areas or near the ends of trails?
4. Why wasn't the bullion recovered?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back