Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

We were talking about Bonuntr's post Gabriel , sorry. I have no idea what your carving means. The boulder it's on may be used for something though like an alignment.

I'm sorry, I realized later, that was not my rock

Hello Mikel, have you heard any thing back on a pm, really been busy, tags insurance , lost the title to my car, Texas has a different standard of inspection than Okla, water pump went out, needed to buy furniture, all utilities. I'm sure that I will like walking around Palo Duro Canyon this fall tho, I've already seen a Vault, haven't been very close to it, I believe it will give me the direction's to others in the area, distance and Google Earth will help, should be 10 leagues apart and the 4 directions should fit. I sure could use some help when the weather cools some. Met a lady , her and her husband has horses, they trail ride quite a bit, wonder how a person could get a car seat on a horse, too many sticky things for me to try it first, I could use a volunteer. Might wait until someone with one of those 4 wheel things shows up. Have a good one

Last edited:
Well Mikel I seen a egg shaped boulder about knee high ( cordel ) , it had a head face on it looking kinda S E with 6 /7 feathers like a war bonnet around the top I figger the feathers indicated how many cordells, the face indicated the direction, Egg shape interested me and possibly shows what to look for

DSTY, How do you get the Cordelia thing. I sometime see a measurement here in cubits. Just wondering what too look for so i know what symbol it is. Thanks for some good info.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

DSTY, I've been in Arkansas so long that I had forgotten that Texas has inspections on cars.

The last inspection I had done was in1972. It was on a '63 el camino. It was brutal. Wound up spending just under $60.

If you fail at one station an don't replace every thing that they hit you with, every station in town knew about it before your tail lights were out of site. So the next one that you went added more. It was a racket. They only made about a buck if they didn't sell you a headlight that they took off the last car to fail. Then piper blades and on and on.

Moved to Arkansas and they didn't inspect. Just got ticket for anything that wasn't up to snuff.

On another note ... measurements system in Texas is a little different than every one else. I'm not sure if I trust it.

I've done some hard studying on the burgers law varra.
There is a Dr. In Florida that( I.M.H.O.) Has it right... it's simple and makes since I'll have to back track to find his name, I'll just call film doc. He breaks it down like this...
4 dedos = 1 pie
3 pies = 1 varra

EDIT.... SEE CORRECTED MEASUREMENTS IN MY SECOND POST TO FOLLOW..
SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION.
Guilty of P.U.I.M..
Posting Under Influence Medication.

Dedo is the width of four fingers st the first knuckle. If you take a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper and fold it in half, top of page to the bottom Edge and replete that one more time, the creases mark the dedos.
If you cut that paper into three pieces and tape them end to end you have a burgos law vara. The actual measurment is
0.024"longer than the complicated system of changing s.a.e. inches and all that math and other nonsense.if you fold it in half, you have a sesthma ( less than a cubit from the Bible by 2 1/4".
It simplifies field work and it can be made in the field in a matter of minutes.

His name is Dr. Bronson.
He lives in Florida and has a tour line business and uses the simple directions and he has researched the Spanish archives. And gives instructions on his tours.

It is the only way to measure that I use on site.

But. When in Texas, do as the Texans...

Give it a try some time and let me know that you think

It's getting late and my meds are taking control of my body
Best sign off.

More later.
#/;0{> ~ (c)

Last edited:
Thanks Mikel for that tid bits of information.

I have got to stop posting after I take my night meds.

I almost couldn't read my last post.

Glad you saw thru it, Bob

#/;0)~

Okay. This is the corrected measurements issue, from a previous post.

16 dedos = 1PIE
3 PIES = 1VARA

8 DEDOS = 1 SESMA
6 SESMAS = 1 VARA

When making my tools for measuring in the field, I marked them with 16 dedos and broke them down in groups of 4 to make it easier to read...

Somehow I renamed the groups of 4 as dedos, erroneously.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.

The info came from:

drbronsontours.com/bronsonspanishmeasurements.html

He has many more translated units of interest... I.e. liquid and dry measurements.

Happy hunting.

#/;0{> ~

My Theory is that a foot is aprox 11.5 inches, pace = 33 inches, a cordel = 69 paces, I usually just use the standard and it keeps me close, I've never messed with cubits. Then I use a 1/8th / 1/4 - 1/2 mile. I DO use the measurements when I just want to verify who did what, Jesuit Priest was spot on with their work. You can measure center to center and there's no doubt.

Duty, when dealing with the Jesuit do you find their centers are at 600'?

Damn auto correction! Dsty that question was for you

Big Grin on the auto stuff, It has been my dealing with most of this stuff, according to the Kings Instruction everything was done according to the Royal measurements Arm Span, Waist Measurement , Hand Span, and I don't remember if the Kings Heigth was included or not, hand span seems to be 8 inches, waist 33 inches, arm span and so forth. Some of this stuff can be found by reading,

But would the Jesuit keep that measurement system if they were to hide a stash?

As far as using the Bible. I see both old and new testaments being used. Is one the right way and the other to lead you away? Just wondering. I've had conflicting ones on directions

Utilizing body parts as a standard for measurements is bothersome at best.

Its filled with boobytraps, from one end to the other, and pits that no one wants to get stuck in.

It seems that every time we start digging into them we find ourselves knee deep in comparisons.

I could go on with the puns, butt they are getting more vague with each line.

#/:0) ~

Okay, kidding aside, if my late partner would have used his left arm to measure a cubit, it would be 3 - 4 inches longer than mine. It would also be longer than his right arm by 6 - 8 inches.
Three different lengths from two different people.

It's only by confirmation that any standard can be trusted.

We accept that a vara is very close to 33 inches because it has been confirmed.

We can divide that by 3 and call it 11 inch feet. Those inches and "feet" are from two different countries, so we go to history to find answers. Quite often we find different paths to the same point.

When distance is measured as distance traveled in a day or week. Travel across flat dry land doesn't compare well to distance traveled in mountainous regions with river crossings.

So many factors traced thru centuries have truely taken their toll.

How do we know if we cannot confirm?

Just my humble oppinion and even that cannot be confirmed.

#/;0{> ~ (C)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back