THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I imagine you're well adapted to them.
I certainly haven't got a license to operate them.
I've fallen more times...And most ungracefully in the process.
It is entirely possible (ask me how I know) to swing forward your leg to pass the crutches and trip over the crutch.
Only one of multiple methods of wiping out.
Snow. Ice. Floor cleaner residues. Including a government facility (post office).

Metal pegs with bent tops to guard garden hose? They can hold a pantleg quite securely while the rest of the pants continue on elsewhere.

Steps. Vs leverage.
Set crutches bottoms near a steps base. Swing forward and tilt over step edge onto steps above as crutches remain in place. Struggle back off the stairs (if you're still conscious) into a position you can try from again.
Try next step with crutches away from step bottom edge.

Knock snow/rain/mud off crutches by banging thier feet together? My you're clever.
(Note the worn rivets resulting before they fail and your lower crutch flops outward as you plummet.)

Crutch tip wear indicators? The thumping of landing after a slip works pretty good.
Recent pharmacy going out of business price reductions I nabbed two extra pairs. Left one pair for someone else. Not that I couldn't afford them. I'll be wanting them come winter. I may even fight someone over a pair when mine are slick. And I have searched for replacements when needed. Which mysteriously prevents thier being located. Oh where they should be on a display or shelf at a store or where I put my spares at home. Nope.None here , there . or any where.

Smooth crutch tips are not good in winter. Or slimy boat ramps in the water.
Mr. clever / not satisfied with prematurely breaking worn rivets by banging crutches together ; had to modify crutch tips to use on slippery surfaces. By running screws through them to poke out for traction.
Not as easy as it might seem to the uninitiated. A hole through lower flat disc between crutch tip and crutch is the where to run screw through. Did I mention you need to switch out crutch tips to go on any floor of any value after? Let me rephrase that. Remember, before you remember...To not go on a floor of any value with your weight bearing on metal screw tips. Not so much for your traction as much as your personal safety and others perceptions of you.. Hopping vigorously away from an angry housewife, boat owner, Police officer or similar will be a good cardio effort for you , before you fall down. Again. But that doesn't always mean it's a good thing for your personal well being.

Last edited:
It is entirely possible (ask me how I know) to swing forward your leg to pass the crutches and trip over the crutch.
Snow. Ice. Floor cleaner residues. Including a government facility (post office).

Metal pegs with bent tops to guard garden hose? They can hold a pantleg quite securely while the rest of the pants continue on elsewhere.

Steps. Vs leverage.
Set crutches bottoms near a steps base. Swing forward and tilt over step edge onto steps above as crutches remain in place. Struggle back off the stairs (if you're still conscious) into a position you can try from again.

Knock snow/rain/mud off crutches by banging thier feet together? My you're clever.
(Note the worn rivets resulting before they fail and your lower crutch flops outward as you plummet.)

Crutch tip wear indicators? The thumping of landing after a slip works pretty good.
Recent pharmacy going out of business price reductions I nabbed two extra pairs. Left one pair for someone else. Not that I couldn't afford them. I'll be wanting them come winter. I may even fight someone over a pair when mine are slick. And I have searched for replacements when needed. Which mysteriously prevents thier being located. Oh where they should be on a display or shelf at a store or where I put my spares at home. Nope.None here , there . or any where.

Mr. clever / not satisfied with prematurely breaking worn rivets by banging crutches together ; had to modify crutch tips to use on slippery surfaces. By running screws through them to poke out for traction.
Not as easy as it might seem to the uninitiated. A hole through lower flat disc between crutch tip and crutch is the where to run screw through. Did I mention you need to switch out crutch tips to go on any floor of any value after? Let me rephrase that. Remember, before you remember...To not go on a floor of any value with your weight bearing on metal screw tips. Not so much for your traction as much as your personal safety and others perceptions of you.. Hopping vigorously away from an angry housewife, boat owner, Police officer or similar will be a good cardio effort for you , before you fall down. Again. But that doesn't always mean it's a good thing for your personal well being.
Leaving emergency this early morning.
2 cops guarding a empty rolling gurney.
I looked at them as they death stared back at me.
"Look I tell right now, I don't have a license to operate these things"
They were human and actually laughed behind their diaper covered face.

Steps. Vs leverage.

I'm really hoping that I will be getting rid of them sooner than later.

Adapt & overcome
Screenshot_20240829-151737_Google.jpg

I'm really hoping that I will be getting rid of them sooner than later.
Mobility devices are just that.
Using them before you should have used them/one but didn't use them/one, is sometimes the best course.
But using them when you should and before you should have but didn't is always the best course.

I'll be delighted when you're done with them.
Just as delighted that you have access to them as needed. Or anything else for however long.
Simply mobility devices. Your mobility.
Don't fall in the lake!

Meanwhile as you mend a bit.
A historic article.

And good evening all you fusty pirates… xx 🤗

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Chilli xx 🎉 🥳 🎈

Now then Peps…. What are you up to?! Have we reached the point when I have to start knitting special socks for you to keep your footsies safe? 🤔 xx please rest and get better soon… xx 🤗

I have been dealing with a small leg ulcer for a few months.
Then I got a little bigger one.
Yesterday it went really dark at the back of the heel.
A lymph node swelled up at top of the leg at the leg (marble size)
This all took place in 30 minutes.
Limped into the hospital, crutches going out as it's painful to put weight on it.
Not to mention the burning also.
The white scar was a ulcer from 4 yrs ago-6 months of medical care.
I have poor Venus veins/valves(they pump the blood back up the legs.)
Too many years in work boots on hard surfaces. View attachment 2166128
Have you ever tried high medical grade Manuka Honey? There has been many used it on ulcers and found it worked better than anything else. You have to get the high mgo one though graded as medical.

And good evening all you fusty pirates… xx 🤗

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Chilli xx 🎉 🥳 🎈

Now then Peps…. What are you up to?! Have we reached the point when I have to start knitting special socks for you to keep your footsies safe? 🤔 xx please rest and get better soon… xx 🤗
Knit, pearl 2
Me wears the support socks already.
But maybe a knitted :dontknow:

Have you ever tried high medical grade Manuka Honey? There has been many used it on ulcers and found it worked better than anything else. You have to get the high mgo one though graded as medical.
Yes I have had Medi-Honey.
Great stuff.

Hard to keep it lit .

We might have some Manuka left of a small container. Quite a honey.
Didn't try it on any burns or wounds.
Did apply some to almost burnt toast !

Hard to keep it lit .

We might have some Manuka left of a small container. Quite a honey.
Didn't try it on any burns or wounds.
Did apply some to almost burnt toast !
I applied a chunk on the ulcer. It helped some, then the bigger on started.
Both are on either side of a big vein.
Did notice mine expired a few yrs back.
Like it's not milk or fish.

A rather unremarkable water hunt today. One 925 tiger eye earring. It's been a tough year in the water.
Where's the gold?

Attachments

• IMG_7602.jpg
    IMG_7602.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7603.jpg
    IMG_7603.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back