THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning RR and Dave

Good morning bart.

Good morning ARC, Jim, rook & Ethan! :hello:

Power just went out for about 15mins, you gotta love it. :laughing7:

Last night my daughter and I drove past a 1/2acre vacant lot site in the town west of us.
I did some research and you can see the lots identified as approx.. Lots 13 - 17.

Will be heading over there shortly before it gets too hot. :thumbsup:

Good morning Bill! :wave:

Attachments

• Old Town001.jpg
    Old Town001.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 36
  • Old Town002.jpg
    Old Town002.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 38
Jim,

Quite the list of Canuck innovation eh.

I enjoyed reading the list of inventions.

The last and probably the most important one that is used daily by most members, and I appreciate the device more every year as I age-and that is the zipper!

I just can't imagine having to undo buttons in the time of need-summer not bad-winter cold fingers-Oh I won't go into it as we all know the trials and tribulations of the mix.:laughing7:

Heading out now guys... have a great Canada Day Jim & Bill! :occasion14:

Attachments

• canada-day.jpg
    canada-day.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 29
  • SH-Canada-Day-Feature-1.jpg
    SH-Canada-Day-Feature-1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 34
Best of luck on the morning hunt Dave.

Good morning, Mateys!

Happy Canada Day.

I have been researching this to learn a little more about our neighbors (and Tnet friends) up north. So here's a little bit that I learned in case anyone else is interested.

Canada Day is celebrated every July 1st to commemorate the effective date, July 1, 1867, of the Constitution Act, 1867. Originally called the British North America Act, 1867, it united the three separate colonies of Canada, the Province of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, into one Dominion in the British Empire called Canada. It was originally called Dominion Day. It is celebrated much like we celebrate July 4th, Independence Day, here in the states, with fireworks, parades, festivals, cook outs, etc. One of the favorite dishes at these cookouts is poutine. Poutine (means mess) was supposedly created when a customer told a chef to throw his cheese curds in the same bag as the potatoes because he was in a hurry. In 1964 gravy was added to the "mess." So the 3 main ingredients are, potatoes (french fries), cheese curds, and gravy.
Here is a quick video on how to make it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back