THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ya....grandma drives by in the car and waves with her window up while talking to us on the phone. Lots of Skype and face time and other video chat apps. I think grandma is having a tough time too ! I'm isolated on the new boat...its been great putting in long days and not getting home till 6pm. Then we play basketball till dark. I usually head up to the wood shop and work/drink until 9-10 after basketball !!

Having the same situation, I know she is having a tough time! We did a drive by at my daughter's and shouted out of the truck. Those are the 2 older fisherman dudes that you have seen. They understand. Our little ones don't so we had to face time with them. I proposed last night that we go ahead and hide easter eggs in the yard and have my son bring the little ones over and we just watch from inside the house. My son is not taking this very seriously. He thinks we are all being paranoid.

I was afraid you were going to get hit hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a tornado. I am glad you and your family are alright. Daylight will tell.

Good morning. BTW.

Daylight shows exstensive damage to a ton of trees around our house, but nowhere really else.

Sounds like alot more burning to do....aaaarrrgh !!

Rusty,

Trying to find a silver lining for you. Are any of those downed trees worth salvaging for lumber if so could make a few bucks selling them to a local sawmill instead of burning them.

We can confirm it was a tornado. Trees are bent, twisted, splintered and snapped, in one area only.

Splash! Splash! Splash! Climb...drag..whew! Hard to swim when your face mask is water logged.. wheeze..cough, sputter..hack!! ....I...made..it!

Good morning...wheeze.... uh hmm. Good morning Simon (and night night), GAP, ARC, WD, Rook, Third, Bill, Bart, RR, and our rum sodden crew, ...it beats salt water!

RR glad your guys are ok, rough night.

GAB, so we are having stewing of the crows...:laughing7:

Bart so you are practicing social distancing “in” the house.

ARC and Rook, 6 ft, 12 ft,...do you both come with warning labels? Do we need to Lysol you?

Third hope you are holding up and doing well.

Damage9.jpg

Morning bill Msbeepbeep and RR

RR
You're having some of that Mississippi luck. Sorry to see that.

Okay everyone- let's all take the proper CV-19 precautions, and STAY SAFE out there!

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.19.07 AM.png

RR
You're having some of that Mississippi luck. Sorry to see that.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We've been seeing funnel clouds for years, it was only a matter of time before something actually touched down.

DSC_1271.jpg

Here's a funnel cloud from last year.

Damage.jpg

Note the twisted trunk.

Damage2.jpg

The trunk is ten feet to the left of its stump.

Damage6.jpgDamage7.jpg

More damage by the ponds. There are four trees blocking the road so far, and the county workers are already out here cleaning it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back