THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20240824_131959.jpg

The deadly alphabet cone snail 🐌 💀

Good evening Pirates xx hope you are all well xx 🤗

sorry I’ve not surfaced this week, work was very silly, got given another project and asked to help on another ☹️ guess that’s the price of taking a week off 🤔… yesterday was visiting day, but got to go out and play today! Xx it was literally freezing, and so windy could barely hear the signals.. but I persevered like the tenacious pirate I am and we did ok! Xx

Thread 'Sundays finds xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/sundays-finds-xx.701320/

As if going back to my desk wasn’t painful enough… I keep an eye on my garden flock on a security camera… well was checking on a baby house sparrow constantly as its parents seemed to drop it off in the morning and come back later for it, it was so cute, bobbing around eating snax and not flying very far when I went out…. Well Thursday afternoon I check the camera only to see one of the crows pick it up in its beak and make off with it … I know everyone has to eat, but really 😞 xx

I told Mr Woo he was a lucky boy, and should show me more appreciation… he was sunbathing at the time and just gave me the side eye … to be fair I think a crow would have trouble getting off the ground with him in its beak 🤨… xx

IMG_4656.jpeg

Also, weirdly this week 2 blokes have messaged me on FB asking if I want to sell my Philip and Mary Shilling …. Obviously I said no, not for sale…. Unless they were willing to pay me enough to retire… 😆…. ! Ha… I haven’t heard back 😂 xx
Sell! Sell! Sell!! Clip from a great movie!

Is retirement in England the same as in the US?:dontknow: No Social security so... The King help you guys out? NOT! :laughing7:

Screenshot_20240824_120514_Google Earth.jpg
105 feet above sea level. 1789-18?? Mr. Gibson, cotton plantation owner, and loyalist Bahamian settler. The loyalist were the English who lost the revolutionary war, and moved to the Bahamas. I believe he was privateering in the war of 1812, and amassed some wealth. The ruin is big, multi floor, and still partially standing. A nice brass swivel gun was brought down from the hill, and some great household items have been eyeballed and brought down oil lamp, grandfather clock, etcetera. Never been detected and a very deep penetration into the bush. I'm gonna hit this and the out buildings and slave quarters pretty good...packing the tiny 6 inch coil for this bush mission....where do ya think they hid there coinage during the Rev war times ?? This guy was rich and this was a plantation manor home. Seriously virgin colonial era stuff 😲

View attachment 2165632105 feet above sea level. 1789-18?? Mr. Gibson, cotton plantation owner, and loyalist Bahamian settler. The loyalist were the English who lost the revolutionary war, and moved to the Bahamas. I believe he was privateering in the war of 1812, and amassed some wealth. The ruin is big, multi floor, and still partially standing. A nice brass swivel gun was brought down from the hill, and some great household items have been eyeballed and brought down oil lamp, grandfather clock, etcetera. Never been detected and a very deep penetration into the bush. I'm gonna hit this and the out buildings and slave quarters pretty good...packing the tiny 6 inch coil for this bush mission....where do ya think they hid there coinage during the Rev war times ?? This guy was rich and this was a plantation manor home. Seriously virgin colonial era stuff 😲
good awsome.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back