THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone :coffee2: :sunny:
20240816_151032.jpg
Screenshot_20240426_065319_Photos.jpg

4 inches. 3500 p.s.i..

I told the builder equipment could go on my prior concrete after I built up the ground on the corner of it. Now there's 4 fractures in it . Not along the relief cuts . (A couple are either side of one if recalled correctly.)
I'm not too surprised though. Just like breaking ice from the edge.
There seems to be good concrete guys and great concrete guys out there. Kind applies to everything from framing to painting it seems.
Price doesn't always dictate the outcome of the finished product.

From doing a few major renovations and total builds I have(n't) learned the one most important thing.

Putting the first items into that new space should be the shelving-no buts Pepper-SHELVING!
But-No Pepper! You have done the opposite too many times, and you know the results.
Shelving is the first then the stuff.

Just too bad I didn't listen to that voice the previous numerous times.

There seems to be good concrete guys and great concrete guys out there. Kind applies to everything from framing to painting it seems.
Price doesn't always dictate the outcome of the finished product.

From doing a few major renovations and total builds I have(n't) learned the one most important thing.

Putting the first items into that new space should be the shelving-no buts Pepper-SHELVING!
But-No Pepper! You have done the opposite too many times, and you know the results.
Shelving is the first then the stuff.

Just too bad I didn't listen to that voice the previous numerous times.
At the memorial service yesterday at same place we were for Dad's five years to the day yesterday (for a different family member yesterday) my brother in law offered help on shelving again. He had after stump digging last spring too. He seems to agree with P.J. on priority .
Told him I hadn't ordered it yet and I'd let him know..
( I had it earmarked and in an online shopping cart a while back before the computer ate that tab.)
Yes. Shelving.
Already forgot the two widths I'd had saved on the biggest ones but going to take some measurements inside before looking at sizes again.

Heard some loud booms last night in the distance. Someone said possibly an earthquake. No sirens or medical vehicles that we heard. Drove towards it today but didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. It’was multiple booms. Wonder what it was?
Any brown bean festivals happening?

My wife asked me... Do you still have that hammer that you paid 98 dollars for? When I bought it she thought I was nuckin futs! :laughing7:
I was building homes/decks/garages/room additions etc full time, I told her ....it kicks ass! :headbang: Early 2000's I believe dead on tools were sued copyright infringement I think. Titanium 16 OZ Graphite wrapped handle. Rare now.

100_0123.JPG

100_0124.JPG

I see kids these days with their mullets and gold chains and think….. at least it’s not 4 dudes with the same perm! Lol geeze.
Oh man when I was 18 I had a boss in his 50s and who was a bit tubby who got one of those perms! I still laugh to this day remembering when he walked into the work lunch room and we all first saw it 🤣

Heard some loud booms last night in the distance. Someone said possibly an earthquake. No sirens or medical vehicles that we heard. Drove towards it today but didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. It’was multiple booms. Wonder what it was?
Sonic booms?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back