THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good evening xx hope you have all had a nice Saturday xx

Well we had a lovely final day in the Castle field… man Monday is going to hit me hard, I have absolutely loved every second of our holiday, we have such a brilliant time xx I think I finished on a high… but will let you be the judge 😆 xx

Thread 'Final day finds xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/final-day-finds-xx.701013/

Not too far from where I live! Great shot. I have been on that road several times on my Harley-D!
Something new I'm trying, actual photo then AI enhanced and edited.

Here is an actual place and pic but modified/edited.

natural bridges normal.jpg

natural bridges sunset.jpg

I’m off tomorrow finally been working 7 days straight
I haven't worked in 3 weeks! I've been with this company since 2006. We've always been slammed, could hardly get one job finished before they wanted me to start another. Now we're really slow. I do 100 % commercial work but I believe Florida is ready for a big slow down both commercial & residential. Houses are super expensive, interest rates going high, inflation killing everything, insurance totally out of control, & a glut of empty houses and apartments everywhere. It doesn't make for a robust construction outlook.

I haven't worked in 3 weeks! I've been with this company since 2006. We've always been slammed, could hardly get one job finished before they wanted me to start another. Now we're really slow. I do 100 % commercial work but I believe Florida is ready for a big slow down both commercial & residential. Houses are super expensive, interest rates going high, inflation killing everything, insurance totally out of control, & a glut of empty houses and apartments everywhere. It doesn't make for a robust construction outlook.
Building still in this area new subdivisions all over but we have a Hyundai battery plant being built and then another plant being built and all the workers need places to live. That battery plant has been buying whole subdivisions just for the Korean people.

Building still in this area new subdivisions all over but we have a Hyundai battery plant being built and then another plant being built and all the workers need places to live. That battery plant has been buying whole subdivisions just for the Korean people.
We've had 2 battery plants rethink their future.
So the 2 projects are stalled.

Something new I'm trying, actual photo then AI enhanced and edited.

Here is an actual place and pic but modified/edited.

View attachment 2164476

View attachment 2164477
It does some cool things AI editing, but its blurred the lines between reality and fake in many cases. Photo competitions can see a well framed correctly chosen shutter speed etc photo beaten by someone who knows how to manipulate a picture and just originally took a lazy ho hum one. Some are even totally fake and its becoming a huge problem with these competitions. Often on our TV news the weather section asks viewers to send in their weather pictures, Im not even paying attention to what they show anymore as things are appearing with ridiculous sky colours and suspect cloud shapes. I used to love seeing the top wildlife award pictures but don't bother these days as I may as well be looking at a Marvel Universe picture award photo comp, flip the coin and guess which wasn't doctored. Compare the wildlife pictures from pre AI to now and nobody can tell me they are not doctoring the daylights out of them. They certainly have the ooooh aaaaahhhh factor but they are bs.
Last week I travelled 1 hour 20min round trip to view a rental house, when I got there it was painfully obvious the pictures online had been Photoshopped using AI. It was a dump with paint peeling off of walls, ceiling mold and utterly filthy carpets. I felt like KOing the real estate agent.
Good grief, we've had people here on this site use it to create ridiculous gold find stories about rocks and things. Even my $200 phone will offer me suggestions after I look at my taken photo and show different altered images would you like to blur the background, would you like to lighten the foreground, enhance this and that. I keep hearing complaints about people going on holiday then sharing pictures of what they were shown was there compared to what they were greeted with when they arrived. AI is messing the world we know right up.

Your AI picture looks the better of the two to be honest.

Imagine this. I decide to take all my AI offers to "fix" my photos. Yrs later I look through my old photos to reminisce on what? Me and my wife looking better than we actually did, the bush looking awesome but never in human history did it ever look that way, etc etc... my memories wont be actual, real.
"Wow honey, I can't believe we looked so good when we were younger!"
"Yeah, well we actually didn't and I can't recall now how either of us looked these days" :icon_scratch:
:laughing7:

It does some cool things AI editing, but its blurred the lines between reality and fake in many cases. Photo competitions can see a well framed correctly chosen shutter speed etc photo beaten by someone who knows how to manipulate a picture and just originally took a lazy ho hum one. Some are even totally fake and its becoming a huge problem with these competitions. Often on our TV news the weather section asks viewers to send in their weather pictures, Im not even paying attention to what they show anymore as things are appearing with ridiculous sky colours and suspect cloud shapes. I used to love seeing the top wildlife award pictures but don't bother these days as I may as well be looking at a Marvel Universe picture award photo comp, flip the coin and guess which wasn't doctored. Compare the wildlife pictures from pre AI to now and nobody can tell me they are not doctoring the daylights out of them. They certainly have the ooooh aaaaahhhh factor but they are bs.
Last week I travelled 1 hour 20min round trip to view a rental house, when I got there it was painfully obvious the pictures online had been Photoshopped using AI. It was a dump with paint peeling off of walls, ceiling mold and utterly filthy carpets. I felt like KOing the real estate agent.
Good grief, we've had people here on this site use it to create ridiculous gold find stories about rocks and things. Even my $200 phone will offer me suggestions after I look at my taken photo and show different altered images would you like to blur the background, would you like to lighten the foreground, enhance this and that. I keep hearing complaints about people going on holiday then sharing pictures of what they were shown was there compared to what they were greeted with when they arrived. AI is messing the world we know right up.

Your AI picture looks the better of the two to be honest.

Imagine this. I decide to take all my AI offers to "fix" my photos. Yrs later I look through my old photos to reminisce on what? Me and my wife looking better than we actually did, the bush looking awesome but never in human history did it ever look that way, etc etc... my memories wont be actual, real.
"Wow honey, I can't believe we looked so good when we were younger!"
"Yeah, well we actually didn't and I can't recall now how either of us looked these days" :icon_scratch:
:laughing7:

I grew up with a passion for photography. Once people with iPhones and filters could take really top notch photos basically point and shoot it really killed my drive to use even my DSLR. They do still take better photos for printing and such but the juice ain’t worth the squeeze anymore imo.

At this rate we’ll be hooked up to machines providing perfect comfort, “life like” senses beamed into our brains with a tube stuffed in both ends. Pure Utopia.

I grew up with a passion for photography. Once people with iPhones and filters could take really top notch photos basically point and shoot it really killed my drive to use even my DSLR. They do still take better photos for printing and such but the juice ain’t worth the squeeze anymore imo.

At this rate we’ll be hooked up to machines providing perfect comfort, “life like” senses beamed into our brains with a tube stuffed in both ends. Pure Utopia.
Yeah I know that feeling. I had a Nikon F80 with a 300 Zoom macro lens, all different filters and it took a while to learn the skill in taking a decent picture. Kids can do it now.
I actually gave all my gear away to a charity thrift shop just several weeks ago. Whats real anymore :dontknow:

I have full manual settings on my cameras, but.... when in auto mode it does a great job usually better then me adjusting everything. Except the 1 second + shutter speed to make waterfalls look "painted" Fake looking shitery to me.

There should be a disclaimer "AI trickery involved"
My Natural bridges photo was taken so the sun would shine through the caves,...... timing....the AI pic looks a bit strange I'm still learning how to fake!
I will get some pics from the zodiac... we use it to access fishing areas to hard to hike to, and beaches too.

thomas coast.jpg

southern oregon coast one.jpg

new oregon new coast.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back