THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Time for the storm hustle again... coming right up the coast... this should be fun depending on how this thing pans out.
Could stall and form when it hits that hot water channel in-between Cuba and Florida then slow crawl / squall the crap outta us.
Lets just hope it stays small and weak.... or falls apart ... just a little rain and wind would be the best case scenario.
Worst case.... Hurricane with solid build and slow crawl.
Flooding is always an issue here.
Sustained moderate winds cause issues as well with trees and power outages.
So... IOW's...
Any storm regardless of its size and strength off immediate coast by us causes problems.
Its just the factor of...
"how many" and "how much" heh
After hurricane Charlie hit us and the other two the same season we moved here. Been a few years back now maybe 20.

After hurricane Charlie hit us and the other two the same season we moved here. Been a few years back now maybe 20.
Kind of moderate here for extreme weather actually.
Had a little micro rain burst the evening before last.
About an inch in -30 minutes.
No real bad things as hurricanes just the tail end events.
Ice storms are a pain, clean ups, power issues.

Heat/humidity is a tad high at the moment.
Screenshot_20240802_084015_Weather Network.jpg

Another day of wood chipper duty, clean up from last year's tree cutting event.
Dumped a load yesterday in the berry patch garden.
20240801_114122.jpg

Did recover an older lighter in the forest loam the other day.
20240731_181156.jpg

A few years ago I had found a bullet lighter in the same area.
It was a camping spot for the American fishermen I was told.
A old guy (94) told me he used to sell ground hogs to them for 25 cents each.
He moved away in 1946.
Living history is always cool.

I thought that image was a fake. But mrs google says NO. 😮
You guys know what, I often see videos of people from overseas saying how dangerous Aus is and they'd never want to live here blah blah...
Get outa here, I camp in our bush without a worry at night whatsoever, id sleep like a log. Nah, truth is its reverse, it's your country that is the most dangerous. That'd turn you into shredded cheese in one swipe!😦
Im never coming to the USA now, that's it, ............done...crossed off the list.
Aw c'mon.
Bring a tent!

Afternoon all xx friday afternoon is here… work is quiet .. think everyone is exhausted by the British Summer… 26 degrees here today… toasty 😎 xx

Ps im with Chilli on the visit ur side of the pond…. Even your Rabbits are huge.. …. and uh aquatic 🤔 😮 xxx

IMG_4037.jpeg

Last edited:
Afternoon all xx friday afternoon is here… work is quiet .. think everyone is exhausted by the British Summer… 26 degrees here today… toasty 😎 xx

Ps im with Chilli on the visit ur dide of the pond…. Evan you Rabbits are huge.. …. and uh aquatic 🤔 😮 xxx

View attachment 2161903
Just saw this picture elsewhere.
Having raised a breed of terrier it caught the eye. Being Chili's Oz land I might get away with posting it here..Ha ha.
But much more in the busy scene exists.
Including a scythe? With blade secured behind drivers seat perhaps. Must be a place needs a mowing to camp at? Or a hay to bed on/

To right of shotgun is a worn coat. Overcoat? Or a spare? Or for working in to change a tire ect.?
Or washed and now drying?

The old hunter with "lost" missing hound deal is to leave a/ his scented coat overnight with the expectation to find the hound on or near in the morning.
(I have had hounds return overnight to where they'd run off on me while hunting. But didn't leave a coat for them.)

1722618658343.png

Just saw this picture elsewhere.
Having raised a breed of terrier it caught the eye. Being Chili's Oz land I might get away with posting it here..Ha ha.
But much more in the busy scene exists.
Including a scythe? With blade secured behind drivers seat perhaps. Must be a place needs a mowing to camp at? Or a hay to bed on/

To right of shotgun is a worn coat. Overcoat? Or a spare? Or for working in to change a tire ect.?
Or washed and now drying?

The old hunter with "lost" missing hound deal is to leave a/ his scented coat overnight with the expectation to find the hound on or near in the morning.
(I have had hounds return overnight to where they'd run off on me while hunting. But didn't leave a coat for them.)

View attachment 2161904
Thats a great pic!! imagine how amazing cruising around it that vehicle would be … im reaching for my headscarf as i type 😆 xx

Good morning all.

The garden has not done well this year, but we still get a few things now and then.

View attachment 2161883
The grapes look yummy.
Just discovered my squash has been hit with the borer.
Lost the zucchini plants, a couple of squash looking not so good.
Always a battle with something or other.

Lordy Facebook is really keen to get me to buy an awesome pressie for himself this year… look at this stunning Owl for the garden .. wait a minute …owl?

Hmm I feel this is a result of an unfortunate incident in that pea green boat of which my parents would speak… 🤔… 😂

IMG_4038.jpeg

That's amazing. Creatures just know don't they. Here you'll see meat ants moving an entire nest over what is just dry rain less weather. Carrying larvae the lot. The longer it takes you can bet on flooding rain. Ants, how on earth ants know whats coming weeks out, like those turtles of yours is absolutely amazing.
544f5cf8f111e73d.jpeg

Aw c'mon.
Bring a tent!

Not even if it was made of kevlar and had a mini gun turret in the centre of it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back