THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Interesting button this morning.
IMG_7367.JPG

More like play.
I struggle with IDing stuff as i get distracted far to easily (see above video) … Mr Cash has nothing to do with buttons… but somehow i got there 😂. …but while ur in the mood’ what would you say the letters on this one are? 🤔 xx 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_3906.jpeg
    IMG_3906.jpeg
    904.9 KB · Views: 12
I struggle with IDing stuff as i get distracted far to easily (see above video) … Mr Cash has nothing to do with buttons… but somehow i got there 😂. …but while ur in the mood’ what would you say the letters on this one are? 🤔 xx 🙏
Oh I get stuff wrong often enough!

G.A.R. looking letters to me.
But we here have/had a post civil war Union army posts, Grand Army Of The Republic.
No, I'm thinking your button is rather someone's personal logo/insignia.
Which gets difficult when debating where the middle initial of someone's name should go. Or is it the letter of the last name firstly? L.o.l.

Oh I get stuff wrong often enough!

G.A.R. looking letters to me.
But we here have/had a post civil war Union army posts, Grand Army Of The Republic.
No, I'm thinking your button is rather someone's personal logo/insignia.
Which gets difficult when debating where the middle initial of someone's name should go. Or is it the letter of the last name firstly? L.o.l.

interesting thank you 🤗 …. Yes we do have the added complication that this land we search is the Duke of Rutlands estate… so some chap who could afford personalised buttons could have been scampering about with a village lass nd in the process dropped a button…!! 🤔😂 xx

interesting thank you 🤗 …. Yes we do have the added complication that this land we search is the Duke of Rutlands estate… so some chap who could afford personalised buttons could have been scampering about with a village lass nd in the process dropped a button…!! 🤔😂 xx

Danged scamps!

Rutland and Granby both might have been the somethingdom of a Manners family member?
G&R? O.K. that's quite a stretch for a button.

The palais de danse was a term applied to purpose-built dance halls in Britain and Commonwealth countries… …. but also “Palais”… could be an (London accent)abbreviation of The Palace…Ie there was a dance hall called “The Palace “? Maybe? 🤔
We have the Palais Theatre in St Kilda Melbourne. Very popular for live acts.
Was originally a picture theatre.
Angus-Julia-Stone-Sept-2017-Palais_Theatre_by_Ian_Laidlaw-259.jpeg

That's funny.
Reminds me of a guy who was on a property and went and showed the landowner about an ounce in nuggets he found planning to give him some.
He opened his hand to show him and the owner grabbed just about all leaving the worst bit and said thank you very much. 😆
He was a slime anyway and deserved it :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back