THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Dropped the last big tree for pole barn site.
So proud (o.k. , lucky then) of myself it actually landed where I wanted it to.
No pics of course.

Started the1953 tractor to move it and to use it to move a utility trailer. Like a miracle that it started up after sitting all winter. It stalled out after running half a minute. Empty fuel tank. Why it was empty may never be known. So not a miracle then. False alarm .
Of course I only had a half gallon on hand due to running the lawn tractor picking up leaves..

Did find eclipse viewing glasses after a long run to the town North that had a store that had them. Until a half hour before I arrived.
Then the other big store was out too , of course. Then the next two.
I had to refrain from going wild and buying all I could to hawk until the eclipse.
At 1.33 per pair I only nabbed three. ( Being Saturday the bank wasn't open past noon to finance an adventurous risk. )
Considering the fuel consumed on the drive and not buying any groceries or fuel (which I apparently need in addition to diesel for which the can was already in the back of the truck , forgotton )there must be some kind of a lesson in economy in there somewhere.

Dropped the last big tree for pole barn site.
So proud (o.k. , lucky then) of myself it actually landed where I wanted it to.
No pics of course.

Started the1953 tractor to move it and to use it to move a utility trailer. Like a miracle that it started up after sitting all winter. It stalled out after running half a minute. Empty fuel tank. Why it was empty may never be known. So not a miracle then. False alarm .
Of course I only had a half gallon on hand due to running the lawn tractor picking up leaves..

Did find eclipse viewing glasses after a long run to the town North that had a store that had them. Until a half hour before I arrived.
Then the other big store was out too , of course. Then the next two.
I had to refrain from going wild and buying all I could to hawk until the eclipse.
At 1.33 per pair I only nabbed three. ( Being Saturday the bank wasn't open past noon to finance an adventurous risk. )
Considering the fuel consumed on the drive and not buying any groceries or fuel (which I apparently need in addition to diesel for which the can was already in the back of the truck , forgotton )there must be some kind of a lesson in economy in there somewhere.
MAke sure they are approved ones... there are a rash of knock offs that will not protect your retina.... which will lead to PERMANANT damages.

IMG_0361.JPG

Went for a little playtime this afternoon. The corn was disc's so I tried the site again.
Few buttons, lead, nice buckle, a band with wood inside still.
20240406_164022.jpg
20240406_173015.jpg
20240406_171340.jpg

Good Sunday morning everyone!

I thought I found an old copper/brass ring yesterday, but it wound up looking more like a compression ring for a Plex pipe fitting. Never seen one this big or this color, but that's sure what it looks like. That's my thumb in the last picture. The "ring" is just slightly bigger diameter than my ring finger.

IMG_4062.jpeg IMG_4063.jpeg IMG_4064.jpeg

I thought I found an old copper/brass ring yesterday, but it wound up looking more like a compression ring for a Plex pipe fitting. Never seen one this big or this color, but that's sure what it looks like. That's my thumb in the last picture. The "ring" is just slightly bigger diameter than my ring finger.

View attachment 2141914 View attachment 2141913 View attachment 2141916
They make 1" in copper or stainless steel. Main water or for hydronic heating systems. The cinch copper ring type are better than the St/steel crimps. Less chance of failure.
20240407_062838.jpg
20240407_062917.jpg

I dug the silver ring that hold the screen on a faucet in a park. No sink around.
I was all excited at first!
Might still have it.
A size ten I think.
l.o.l..

I found a compression ring in a park last month. Must have been a fresh drop, nice color and shine sure had me going. Urrrg!

Attachments

• IMG_6808.JPG
    IMG_6808.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back