THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hey P.J.!
1712331019858.png

Last edited:
That looks like my yard in the mornings, @billb. Plenty of turkey and deer. This morning we only had two turkeys and three deer, but it was great. We have been throwing some corn out for the deer and sometimes the turkeys come too, usually in a big flock of 25 or so. But they all run for the woods immediately if we come outside. But these two this morning have been hanging around for a few days. This morning when we went out to throw corn for the deer, the two turkeys ran halfway to the woods, then looked back and saw the deer munching corn, and both came running right back as fast as they could. It was really funny to see.

Also, good morning all!
Thanks @robertk
The deer and turkeys are always nice to see..I enjoy watching those big birds start to run then fly into the trees for the night.
On the other hand the deer will usually find a way to snack on my favorite plants and bushes

On the other hand the deer will usually find a way to snack on my favorite plants and bushes
I feel your pain on that one. The only thing I've found that works reliably is fencing. We put a ring of 5' horse fence around the little trees, and little wire baskets over the more vulnerable bushes.

Bill now this is a family pirate chat forum.
We'z don't need to know that you had the earth moving experience. 🤣
feeling things slowly starting to vibrate for a few seconds was a first for me..
I didn’t know what it was till later after listening to the radio.

I feel your pain on that one. The only thing I've found that works reliably is fencing. We put a ring of 5' horse fence around the little trees, and little wire baskets over the more vulnerable bushes.
I have numerous plants and bushes and trees fenced in also but I think I have to stake the fence better
Keep up the good work keeping the deer away.

8ft plus electric around the berry patch.
5 ft around the small garden at the house.
This guy works quite well.

20210122_112034.jpg

Got in a little park hunt today. Filling up my pull tab jar rather quickly, urrrg.
The park was completely restocked with bits of foil from all the Easter festivities, double urrrg.
These stupid Euro coins really get me going when I pop 'em out, triple urrrg!
IMG_6800.jpg

Got in a little park hunt today. Filling up my pull tab jar rather quickly, urrrg.
The park was completely restocked with bits of foil from all the Easter festivities, double urrrg.
These stupid Euro coins really get me going when I pop 'em out, triple urrrg!
View attachment 2141686
That's a nitro moment.
Foil should be in the 30's.
The X/Y screen it has a vertical line.
That's if you're using the Deus ll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back