THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

There is no 5.4 Windsor and they had 1 camshaft.

The Ford small-block (aka Windsor V8) is a series of 90° overhead valve small-block V8 automobile engines manufactured by the Ford Motor Company from July 1961 to December 2000.

Displacements.
  • 221 cu in (3.6 L)
  • 255 cu in (4.2 L)
  • 260 cu in (4.3 L)
  • 289 cu in (4.7 L)
  • 302 cu in (4.9 L)
  • 351 cu in (5.8 L)
The Ford 5.4 or Triton engine is one of the most commonly used engines for the company’s line of trucks and full-size SUVs. This vehicle is a 5.4-L, naturally aspirated V8 engine.

The Ford 460's 7.5-litre engine was one of the most reliable and powerful engines in Ford's history, and it served many customers well for many years and miles. By taking good care of your engine, you can extend its lifespan and enjoy its benefits for longer.
These.... back in the day.... when I hung out with the captains and mechanics... Had twin 460's! :headbang:

:headbang:

I was sitting on the front row ...At this very track the first time I watched a jet engine propelled semi . Not sure if it was the early Shockwave ; or a later Shockwave.
Smoked (burned) some wires between poles behind it when warming it up if recalled right.
What a riot! Feel it shake right through you when it goes blasting by.
Not enough track though. Ha ha ha. Just getting flying when time to back off. Not that it wasn't moving right along...

Prior I'd seen a couple tractors at a pull ( Ye olde Pontiac Silverdome days) with helo engines. Singles. Mixed results. One pooped out and another made short work of a full pull.

Same pulling event , there were some Rolls Royce engines . Kinda mixed results there too. Too many cylinders in a row or something.
Multiple engines on some tractor frames too.
Fun. But an expensive hobby .

The Ford 5.4 or Triton engine is one of the most commonly used engines for the company’s line of trucks and full-size SUVs. This vehicle is a 5.4-L, naturally aspirated V8 engine.
Yep, that's the one. From what I've read, the early ones (2-valve) were built in Windsor. Perhaps that's where I'm confusing the names of things?

Just brush it with an old toothbrush, to retain the patina.
Some will use some a light oil (nose oil has been used to enhance the patina)
The brass gets attacked by the elements in the dirt.
(Burnt) is the term often used to describe the effects.
If you're digging old buttons the old coinage should be around also.
I agree. Wouldn't want to use the current toothbrush. :angel12:

Yep, that's the one. From what I've read, the early ones (2-valve) were built in Windsor. Perhaps that's where I'm confusing the names of things?
I had to research the Triton engine. This is a good read.

See now i have heard to avoid the Triton.

Good morning everyone. Lot's if rain & clouds last evening in St. Pete Beach. Have a great day.
Screenshot_20240306_185046_Photos.jpg

I had to research the Triton engine. This is a good read.
Thanks for posting that -- very interesting. I'll have to try that "Gott's mod" air intake trick, too, once it's back in operation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back