THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I want another truck but I keep reading the reviews on each one and I pass. What’s the sense of having a truck that won’t stay running
I have a 2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 it was completely assembled and all the parts American made.
Been good to me actually but it needs a tad bit of work this spring.

The Nissan pick ups seem to have a good report, and from talking to owners they're all still smiling.

I have a 2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 it was completely assembled and all the parts American made.
Been good to me actually but it needs a tad bit of work this spring.

The Nissan pick ups seem to have a good report, and from talking to owners they're all still smiling.
I'm buying a truck soon. At least a 2022 with low miles, 2023 if the prices keep coming down. I'm retiring soon and have had a company truck for 16 years. No insurance, gas, maintenance, nothing. Getting started on all that crap again makes me want to keep working!

Ford. 5.4L V8 engine.
A friend of mine has a F150 with that engine, it currently has 340, 000 miles.

5.4.jpg

I hope Mr Woo doesn't $*it where he eats.....
Does he like his food floated-as it does sink.
Chickens love their feed soaked-slightly fermented, blended into a slurry with added protein they love.
i havent soaked his snax..🤔 maybe i will give that a go!!! Altho dont want him becoming an alcoholic on fermented grain… he is already a handful 😂 xx

Windsor ?
I think so. My brother (who actually used to be a professional mechanic) said it's what they used to call the "351 Windsor".

He also said my feeling that it's a jumped timing chain is pretty likely, and that hopefully it didn't jump far enough to bend any valves. I hope so too...

I'm buying a truck soon. At least a 2022 with low miles, 2023 if the prices keep coming down. I'm retiring soon and have had a company truck for 16 years. No insurance, gas, maintenance, nothing. Getting started on all that crap again makes me want to keep working!
I saw a 2012 Silverado I liked online. It had low mileage but they wanted 18k for it. It was cherry but I can’t justify paying that price.

The ford trucks are notorious for having the differentials go bad. To replace one it’s $3500.
Knock on wood... no drivetrain problems yet. It did have a "wobble" at certain speeds when I got it that was apparently a wheel out of true, because new tires and wheels cured it. And the shifter body on the column broke, but that was a relatively easy fix. Otherwise, no problems until now.

First vehicle i owned was a 1960 ahhhh 9 truck ? cannot even remember...
Was a work truck for a company... that i bought for 50$... yes 50... was a favor... had the huge engine.... cannot remmber what...
Probably because i wrapped it around a tree... and was pried out of it.

That was one of 2 Ford's that met a tree.
Second one was a 1991 Ford van.
Had to pry myself outta that one.

And.... i have owned Ford's... 1974... 1984... 1991... 1993... 1996... and ahhhh i think thats it.

Owned everything from Mercedes to Hyundai's... to even a Chrysler Van.
Olds... 88... VW bus.... errr....

Last edited:
I had a 1993 F150 the computer system went out while I was driving it. Everything fried. That’s when I got my 1st GMC and it ran for 17 years never even got a tune up. Nowadays are much different.
Yes... 1993 ish thru 6ish had an issue with the mounting of the ECM and would get too hot and fry...

Windsor ?
There is no 5.4 Windsor and they had 1 camshaft.

The Ford small-block (aka Windsor V8) is a series of 90° overhead valve small-block V8 automobile engines manufactured by the Ford Motor Company from July 1961 to December 2000.

Displacements.
  • 221 cu in (3.6 L)
  • 255 cu in (4.2 L)
  • 260 cu in (4.3 L)
  • 289 cu in (4.7 L)
  • 302 cu in (4.9 L)
  • 351 cu in (5.8 L)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back