THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Got a permission to hunt an old gravel driveway. Got a 1964-d dime, a dateless buffalo, two wheat cents and a very odd colored 'war' nickel. Never seen such a thing. Anybody else?
15Feb2024 #1.jpg
15Feb2024 #2.jpg

That's awesome! How much did you end up with?
Well over a gram just panning. Sluice box is being set up next! Also I think my small dredge (legal in this creek) will make an appearance.

mine hole.jpg

This little article, and this man's studies have absolutely crushed me at times. The claims made about the 1563 capitana, and the fact that these galleons were found by Castillo 30 years later, have been the biggest detractors to our search here in the keys for those same galleons. At one point t I had serious doubts that we would ever find them....especially with Bonifacios evidence. The Menendez fleet of 1563 has been placed everywhere from bermuda, to the keys, and even the bahamas. Later I was told that a certain bahamian had absolutely found both Menendez galleons, had the permits to excavate, and was about to pull the mega treasure that I've been helping search for here in the keys ?? I was devastated, and thought that this was it, and we would be proven wrong here in the keys. Well....it seems our bahamian competition has folded, and given up, and the search failed. Perhaps Castillo was a charlatan back in 1600. We will stick to our guns, and I believe fotenada of 1549, and him actually seeing the captives of this fleet in the keys !!
View attachment 2131663View attachment 2131664View attachment 2131665
You do you. It seems to be working out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back