THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well its been tough this week with the loss of my beloved "speedy" the cat. Speedy came to me 17+ years ago after I lost my first cat of 22 years. I cannot continue to pretend she's coming home anymore, and I'm exhausted emotionally from this week's trauma. I am super glad that I had an especially busy fishing schedule, and it helped take my mind off of her. I've shed so many tears that that I'm numb đź’” with grief. The burden of grief is made worse, when you are directly responsible for the loss as I was......my own carelessness led to a more than likely horrible ending, and it hurts so bad to bear this burden. I've been told by everyone that it really isn't my fault, and that I'm beating myself up over this etc.etc.etc!! The fact of the matter is this:

If you take on the responsibility of a pet, it's just that.....a responsibility!! They count on us for protection and care.....remember that it only takes a moment of not paying attention and there gone....I won't go into details, but cherish the moments with your pets everyday....one day they'll be gone.

I never got to say goodbye, and I'll never be able to know what exactly happened....ill have to live with the fact that I was responsible for what was more than likely a horrible ending for my best little buddy.....please don't worry to much about me....its just the way it went down as sad as it sounds, and I'll carry that grief with me now.....along with all the great memories too !!

Something is very special about a relationship with a different species.....it holds a different emotional level than a human relationship and what you see is what you get.....they never lie and deceive.
There has never been a more truer statement made on this forum.

Bart... In the time I have known you through the shallows of what has only been an online friendship I know that you are a man of good... SO....
Try to realize that IF the choice(s) you are beating yourself up over was of error... that they were of just that... error... a mistake...

not of intent.

This / It shows conscience and shows your heart and your soul.
So grieve and let the lessons of any and all of it strengthen you in your focus of all other things you hold dear in your life.

You have my deepest condolences.

There has never been a more truer statement made on this forum.

Bart... In the time I have known you through the shallows of what has only been an online friendship I know that you are a man of good... SO....
Try to realize that IF the choice(s) you are beating yourself up over was of error... that they were of just that... error... a mistake...

not of intent.

This / It shows conscience and shows your heart and your soul.
So grieve and let the lessons of any and all of it strengthen you in your focus of all other things you hold dear in your life.

You have my deepest condolences.
Thank you....brother from another mother !! Thank you for those words !!

So sorry to hear that, Bart. Totally agree with Arc’s post too. I’ve not been on this board that long, but long enough to see you’ve got good character and a good heart.

Well its been tough this week with the loss of my beloved "speedy" the cat. Speedy came to me 17+ years ago after I lost my first cat of 22 years. I cannot continue to pretend she's coming home anymore, and I'm exhausted emotionally from this week's trauma. I am super glad that I had an especially busy fishing schedule, and it helped take my mind off of her. I've shed so many tears that that I'm numb đź’” with grief. The burden of grief is made worse, when you are directly responsible for the loss as I was......my own carelessness led to a more than likely horrible ending, and it hurts so bad to bear this burden. I've been told by everyone that it really isn't my fault, and that I'm beating myself up over this etc.etc.etc!! The fact of the matter is this:

If you take on the responsibility of a pet, it's just that.....a responsibility!! They count on us for protection and care.....remember that it only takes a moment of not paying attention and there gone....I won't go into details, but cherish the moments with your pets everyday....one day they'll be gone.

I never got to say goodbye, and I'll never be able to know what exactly happened....ill have to live with the fact that I was responsible for what was more than likely a horrible ending for my best little buddy.....please don't worry to much about me....its just the way it went down as sad as it sounds, and I'll carry that grief with me now.....along with all the great memories too !!

Something is very special about a relationship with a different species.....it holds a different emotional level than a human relationship and what you see is what you get.....they never lie and deceive.
That'll leave a raw sore a while.
I'm not there to slap it for you when it starts to let up (I would do that for you) but carry on.

Without detail of our last boy, critters tend to try to sort things out and change things up when they are aged and it starts getting to be hard for them to adapt. Dogs for one like predictability and consistency. But that goes out the window when fighting changes within. Even if they can't be changed. It must be tried. So things must then be changed up.( I know that reads odd. )
Sliding off for some privacy isn't a big surprise at all. No matter how the opportunity arose.
Or the opposite. It varies of course.

I know you've imagined the worst but don't neglect your pets instincts were in play. And they have carried the species a very long time. Sometimes we just have to accept they were driven by a force beyond our desire or wishes or our sense of what should be a course. Nature knows her business. Often enough better than we do.

Last edited:
That'll leave a raw sore a while.
I'm not they to slap it for you when it starts to let up (I would do that for you) but carry on.

Without detail of our last boy, critters tend to try to sort things out and change things up when they are aged and it starts getting to be hard for them to adapt. Dogs for one like predictability and consistency. But that goes out the window when fighting changes within. Even if they can't be changed. It must be tried. So things must then be changed up.( I know that reads odd. )
Sliding off for some privacy isn't a big surprise at all. No matter how the opportunity arose.
Or the opposite. It varies of course.

I know you've imagined the worst but don't neglect your pets instincts were in play. And they have carried the species a very long time. Sometimes we just have to accept they were driven by a force beyond our desire or wishes or our sense of what should be a course. Nature knows her business. Often enough better than we do.
So true !!

44b162f208c1f3fe.jpeg

A wise, albeit very young boy taught me something about grieving. In his words, "It's OK for me to cry, Mister. That's why God gave us tears. They wash out the hurt."

He had lost his Mom.

Monday and we still didn't have the road sanded.
Not sure if the pencil is all that sharp over in the township office.

1st Freezing rain, maintained it well, sanded pre and post, they put sand on top of the sand.
Then we had the second Freezing rain, no power for 10hrs.
We had the 3ton plow truck use its blade for a brake coming down the hill.
Dug in, truck shuttered, repeat.
Truck turned around drove back out-no sand. None on Friday-to this morning.

So tired of slipping I called, left a message.
8:05-dump truck with scraper blade took the ice off at 8:45, and sanded.
The dude called 1 minute before, said there wasn't anybody working over the weekend

Well explain why no sand pre weekend?

Err,umm,well, ahh

Seems they need a little cage rattle every once in awhile. 🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back