THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 2128294View attachment 2128295View attachment 2128296View attachment 2128297View attachment 2128298View attachment 2128299View attachment 2128300View attachment 2128301View attachment 2128302View attachment 2128303
Installed at the distillery. matching live edge tables, made from the same cuban mahogany slab. Our work is finally getting out in the community..... starting to get a small base of repeat, and local customers !!......and best of all....we are getting the money 💰 we always thought we could.

I recognized that beer...

Look at that grain in the wood!!!

img_1_1706406073296-jpg.942654

20240128_111157.jpg
20240128_111210.jpg
20240128_111230.jpg
Screenshot_20240128_111945_Chrome.jpg

Very hard to find this type of glass fishing float for sale, I found mine on the wind swept beach of samana Island. This island is way out there and completely uninhabited. It truly hides treasures, and I long to return to this place that rarely sees a human.

Guanahaní
Big debates about weather that name represents San Salvador Island or samana Island in the past ?? People still argue about it....some clues can be found from ponce de Leon's log books.....he sailed with Columbus, and later used this route through the islands stopping at the same stops and islands.....so I have to look and see what the spanish called it ? Can't remember?

left Cádiz on 9 May 1502, with his flagship, Capitana, as well as the Gallega, Vizcaína, and Santiago de Palos.[159] They first sailed to Arzila on the Moroccan coast to rescue the Portuguese soldiers who he heard were under siege by the Moors.[160]

After using the trade winds to cross the Atlantic in a brisk twenty days, on 15 June, they landed at Carbet on the island of Martinique (Martinica).[160] Columbus anticipated that a hurricane was brewing and had a ship that needed to be replaced, so he headed to Hispaniola, despite being forbidden to land there. He arrived at Santo Domingo on June 29, but was denied port, and the new governor refused to listen to his warning of a storm. While Columbus's ships sheltered at the mouth of the Haina River, Governor Bobadilla departed, with Roldán and Columbus's gold aboard his ship, accompanied by a convoy of 30 other vessels. Columbus's personal gold and other belongings were put on the fragile Aguya, considered the fleet's least seaworthy vessel. The onset of a hurricane drove some ships ashore, with some sinking in the harbor of Santo Domingo; Bobadilla's ship is thought to have reached the eastern end of Hispaniola before sinking. About 20 other vessels sank in the Atlantic, with a total of some 500 people drowning. Three damaged ships made it back to Santo Domingo; one of these had Juan de la Cosa and Rodrigo de Bastidas on board. Only the Aguya made it to Spain, causing some of Columbus's enemies to accuse him of conjuring the storm.[

Big debates about weather that name represents San Salvador Island or samana Island in the past ?? People still argue about it....some clues can be found from ponce de Leon's log books.....he sailed with Columbus, and later used this route through the islands stopping at the same stops and islands.....so I have to look and see what the spanish called it ? Can't remember?
Area maybe vs any island.
When using a native place name...
How would we describe our world we live in and know? Perhaps by what is within it's limits as a boundary of sorts?

This place.
Unless requested specifically , who cares how many dry bumps you can stand on exist?

Good evening all xx hope you have all had a marvellous weekend xx 🤗

we had a busy weekend …not digging… but I did get to spend some time today with the precious ones 😍…xx so instead of grubby treasure…. I give you the beautiful bassets… xx

View attachment 2128294View attachment 2128295View attachment 2128296View attachment 2128297View attachment 2128298View attachment 2128299View attachment 2128300View attachment 2128301View attachment 2128302View attachment 2128303
Installed at the distillery. matching live edge tables, made from the same cuban mahogany slab. Our work is finally getting out in the community..... starting to get a small base of repeat, and local customers !!......and best of all....we are getting the money 💰 we always thought we could.
That is awesome Barty…. 🤔 perhaps I should ask you rather than himself to make that bookshelf Peps showed us… 🤔 xx

Good evening all xx hope you have all had a marvellous weekend xx 🤗

we had a busy weekend …not digging… but I did get to spend some time today with the precious ones 😍…xx so instead of grubby treasure…. I give you the beautiful bassets… xx

Great fun
But I think somebody better have a long chat with this one's mother.
Short in the ears-long in the legs
I'm thinking it just don't look right

Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 2.05.18 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back