THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

texas-flag-hsqxp1byh6d1yx62.jpg

My buddy came by late yesterday to entice me into cutting a few grass plugs at a park.
Rang up just like a folded up gum foil at 12 on the Legend.
18k 1.6g

Attachments

• 25Jan2024.jpeg
    25Jan2024.jpeg
    493 KB · Views: 15
Well our world went dark. Lost power now, the estimated time for recovery 1pm.
Actually surprised it lasted this long.
The limbs are sagging with the weight.
I hope they get it back on soon. We had an ice storm several years ago where we were without power for two weeks. And some people were without power for a month. In January. Not good.

I hope they get it back on soon. We had an ice storm several years ago where we were without power for two weeks. And some people were without power for a month. In January. Not good.
In the middle of winter the freezers last longer ifff it's bbbelow zzzero.🤣

The ice storm of 1998 was really bad as the main grid collapsed.
Folks went weeks/months without power.

Fatalities: Canada: 28; United States: 16 (plus 12 in floods in Southern States with same system)
Damage: $5–7 billion (2005 US$)
Formed: January 4, 1998
Maximum snowfall or ice accretion: around 5 inches (130 mm) (freezing rain)
Power outages: 4 million at peak

The ice storm of 1998 was really bad as the main grid collapsed.
Folks went weeks/months without power.
I missed the brunt of that one (was down south at the time). The one I remember was in 2006, which got a write up at the national weather service here. At the time our house was surrounded by forest. It was pretty scary to stand out on the porch in the silence of winter and hear what sounded like gunshots, but it was actually big oak trees snapping in half from the weight of the ice. Many just uprooted and fell over. Not something I hope to experience again.

I missed the brunt of that one (was down south at the time). The one I remember was in 2006, which got a write up at the national weather service here. At the time our house was surrounded by forest. It was pretty scary to stand out on the porch in the silence of winter and hear what sounded like gunshots, but it was actually big oak trees snapping in half from the weight of the ice. Many just uprooted and fell over. Not something I hope to experience again.
We got hit in 2012 when living on the island.
I was like you said gun shots when the trees were snapping.
My neighbor had the big elder looking trees lining both sides of his farm lane.
He worked most of the day pushing the massive pile of debris off the lane.

Well.
Maybe I shouldn't give the cashier and bagger such a hard time in fun about a coupon almost not being applied and I'd be upset at home when I found out..
Missing one of two packages of seasoning. And in exchange a stray single k-cup of the same coffee I drink.
No it didn't fall out of the box I bought.

Danged older gals up to shenanigans ! Intentionally or not.
Does this mean someone else is going to get home and find some seasoning they didn't buy? Or two of one they did?
(Way to go ladies. Way to go. l.o.l..)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back