THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I used to live in eastern Europe, in my last year there the weather was crazy and the winter they showed a lady throw a jug of water onto a wall and the water froze before hitting the ground, it was like -25 or something

The summer after or the next one it was mid 40s and people were passing out and having heatstrokes so much the government set up "cooling" tents and offered free bottles of water to people.

I miss the snow and the thunderstorms but sure don't miss the cold
Probably the coldest temps were in the winter of 1993 driving across Canada.
The Lincoln Mark Vll had a temp gauge up on the mirror.
It registered a -40C/F both the same.
The weather reports was a lot colder than that, with the windchill it was like a Minus -55F or more.
From Taber Alberta to Sudbury Ontario I drove it one shot even leaving the car run when I refilled.
That is a 3000km/2000 mile trip.
I knew if I stopped/shut the car off it was a ender for the car, and probably us as you don't last too long either way.
Great traction at those temps. the tire just sing from the cold.

We drove it again in 2010 with the Tundra truck-had it locked in 4x4 for 0ver 2500 miles of that trip.

Yes we are certified nuts looking back on these driving trips.

Darn wish I could join you on one!!! Me and my dad used to drive through Europe a fair bit mainly UK to Romania and UK to spain.i miss that

And by myself I used to ride my tiny 125cc like 300 miles on my day trips

I put over 15k miles on it

And F/c are different

Isn't 0⁰c like 26f or something like that?

Probably the coldest temps were in the winter of 1993 driving across Canada.
The Lincoln Mark Vll had a temp gauge up on the mirror.
It registered a -40C/F both the same.
The weather reports was a lot colder than that, with the windchill it was like a Minus -55F or more.
From Taber Alberta to Sudbury Ontario I drove it one shot even leaving the car run when I refilled.
That is a 3000km/2000 mile trip.
I knew if I stopped/shut the car off it was a ender for the car, and probably us as you don't last too long either way.
Great traction at those temps. the tire just sing from the cold.

We drove it again in 2010 with the Tundra truck-had it locked in 4x4 for 0ver 2500 miles of that trip.

Yes we are certified nuts looking back on these driving trips.
It's 52 outside right now, and rained 5 inches in 48 hours. I can drive inland and find snow at around 2500 feet ... from sea level where I am... but...no thanks!!

storm damage one.jpg

coastie one.jpg

This Afternoon
Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Northeast wind around 8 mph.
Thursday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. East northeast wind around 6 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. North wind around 6 mph becoming south after midnight.
Friday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Breezy, with a north wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a north wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a northeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Breezy.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Breezy.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Breezy.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Breezy.

How do you guys keep your water lines from freezing? I drip mine but idk if it works but I’m hoping
Some insulate, heat trace cable, the true tested method 4ft down.
The big worry for some if the septic field freezes up-big mess, and a $20K bill.
Frost has been nearly 3ft as I know a few guys that dig graves over the winter.
They use a ripper tooth on the excavator/backhoe to dig.
Some winters back one had to ram hoe a grave out.
Can't wait till spring-do it now.

Some insulate, heat trace cable, the true tested method 4ft down.
The big worry for some if the septic field freezes up-big mess, and a $20K bill.
Frost has been nearly 3ft as I know a few guys that dig graves over the winter.
They use a ripper tooth on the excavator/backhoe to dig.
Some winters back one had to ram hoe a grave out.
Can't wait till spring-do it now.
How long does it take for your septic tank to freeze? I never thought about that

How long does it take for your septic tank to freeze? I never thought about that
If the patrons are warm blooded the crap doesn't freeze. 🤣

Seriously though it's a good question. The leaching bed is probably failing at that point were it freezes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back