THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Excellent work! A find is a find, takes a while to get to know your sites, we’ve had dead areas that are now giving up hammereds, time is all you need 😆 xx
Yeah especially when they're large, I am hoping to start looking for more permissions tho as I've see a lot of farmers here still have stubble in the fields just need to build up the courage to talk to them

I've started a job on one of my permissions so I can dig in the evenings.

Only issue it's that it's all tall grass so i basically swing about 10-15cm above ground else it just bumps the grass humps and set the detector off
There is a gold setting on the Deus 2 that people recommend for using in stubble….. I haven’t tried it, I just stick the general and sensitive…. But maybe worth a try if ur grass is high? xx

Least the chickens have a door, and hopefully a heater too
With the door closed, they don't need a heater. Their body heat keeps it decently warm. It was 50+ degrees in there this morning, and that's with a door that wasn't closed all the way. Tonight should be much better. But we do have a few really cold days coming up -- I'll add a heat lamp if it becomes necessary.

Yeah especially when they're large, I am hoping to start looking for more permissions tho as I've see a lot of farmers here still have stubble in the fields just need to build up the courage to talk to them
The worst they can say is no…. But am sure you can turn on the famous pirate charm and conquer the whole of Essex within days, nay, hours 😆 xx

There is a gold setting on the Deus 2 that people recommend for using in stubble….. I haven’t tried it, I just stick the general and sensitive…. But maybe worth a try if ur grass is high? xx
I still haven't tested most standard modes, do wanna try deep HC and mono tho

My xTerra is a single frequency and does amazing so I think the D2 will do even better

I've started a job on one of my permissions so I can dig in the evenings.

Only issue it's that it's all tall grass so i basically swing about 10-15cm above ground else it just bumps the grass humps and set the detector off
Use deep conductor on the Deus ll.
That's what it's good for.
Watch a video regarding that one.
You swing way above the ground.

That's great that there was some interest.
Though if you have seen a 🌶 rant on the forum, and it offended you, IRDGAF honestly. 🤣
I'm all good with that. Please hold my hand and we can journey along to take another slice at my post about your post. Consider how it reads if you remove the 'rant' .... this was not about any rant, just a way to package the message :D

Forgot I had got this shirt on Xmas lol

Attachments

• a9e6e235-b169-4039-b40a-d6da14dedae3.jpg
    a9e6e235-b169-4039-b40a-d6da14dedae3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
That's really cool stuff WD... there's something about going through family heritage things that allows you to see through their eyes. I wonder what the KEY went to?
I was wondering, also. Jewelry box? But who’s? I can’t believe this of her (she was kind of a hoarder), but I think she may have thrown her old jewelry boxes away when she got her armoire. I haven’t found any. Not even my old one.

With the door closed, they don't need a heater. Their body heat keeps it decently warm. It was 50+ degrees in there this morning, and that's with a door that wasn't closed all the way. Tonight should be much better. But we do have a few really cold days coming up -- I'll add a heat lamp if it becomes necessary.
Red is recommended for the coop. They can sleep through the red but not others.

I wish I could of found the rest of this lead relic looks like it would of been neat. It was in the school grounds about 9 inches down was a pain to get to. I know the land was part of a massive ranch in the 1860s. I'm bummed for the life of me I couldn't not find other pieces of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_152934.jpg
    IMG_20240109_152934.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240109_153029.jpg
    IMG_20240109_153029.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 16
Red is recommended for the coop. They can sleep through the red but not others.
Agreed. It's also supposed to help keep them from pecking at each other, though we don't really seem to have any issues with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back