THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 2125159
The scars in the reef tell the tale....which direction did the ship come from ? The scar has clues....the northeast, to southwest track looks plausible for #1 scenario. A sailing ship is anchored to the north east, and drags anchor in a storm, which causes it to blow down wind to the south west, where it wrecks in the shallows and settles where the brown (ballast pile) is circled. And the other circled spot is another earlier wreck ?
Crap. I guessed the opposite between ballast pile and potential other wreck.

Afternoon all Hope you have all had an industrious Tuesday xx 🤗

fffreezing here today….but at least it’s bright and sunny… thermals will be required for the weekend me thinks!! 😬 xx
It's only Tuesday 🤣

(Hey ship, does we thinks this blossom has a one track mind. Digging Treasure?)

Between Blossom & Bart- 🌶 just released that they both start with the letter B.

Snowing Here.

It's only Tuesday 🤣

(Hey ship, does we thinks this blossom has a one track mind. Digging Treasure?)

Between Blossom & Bart- 🌶 just released that they both start with the letter B.

Snowing Here.
Ha! When my days are spent reviewing tedious compliance paperwork, todays being Gas Safety certification, I need something to keep my hopes alive 😆… and yes we Bs are a rare but dedicated kinda pirate 😎 xx

Ha! When my days are spent reviewing tedious compliance paperwork, todays being Gas Safety certification, I need something to keep my hopes alive 😆… and yes we Bs are a rare but dedicated kinda pirate 😎 xx
Well Bepper knows why now, and I want to be a dedicated pirate too.

First dig of the year, muddy and tall grass but didn't stop me from enjoying an hour in this lovely heat of 1⁰c

3 buttons and 1 coin and one maybe something, a buckle of sorts and some random scraps

I'm pleased to say Blossom will enjoy my finds this year

Haven't cleaned anything yet tho

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_184258.jpg
    IMG_20240109_184258.jpg
    972.5 KB · Views: 14
Yesterday we went to my dad’s to watch football and hang some wall decor that he bought. It would have been my mom’s birthday. In the process of rummaging for the perfect screws, I started coming across hair clips from my mom, which led to a hunt for more. Which led to me asking dad if I could have her little “catch all.” Dad said it was her mother’s. It was filthy. As long as I can remember, it had a yucky brown top. I cleaned it up and kept some of the contents. It’s battered and bruised, but it was my heritage.

View attachment 2124990

View attachment 2124991

Then my dad gave me some of his personal stuff and my grandfather’s.

View attachment 2124992
I find that badge interesting. First, I didn’t know my grandpa worked on Wright Patterson AFB. Second, back then, that’s all you needed for ,what’s the right word here? Clearance? ID? Anyway, it’s cool to have.

Sis, looks like you found the Holy Grale (second pic) ! :headbang::hello2:

First dig of the year, muddy and tall grass but didn't stop me from enjoying an hour in this lovely heat of 1⁰c

3 buttons and 1 coin and one maybe something, a buckle of sorts and some random scraps

We'z hope when the recoveries are well cleaned up, that you'll have a great light to show the details.
It's very important for the ship's viewing pleasure.

We'z hope when the recoveries are well cleaned up, that you'll have a great light to show the details.
It's very important for the ship's viewing pleasure.
Unfortunately nothing great today, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining since 2 coins and 3 buttons are awesome for my collection.

It's just the buttons are standard but the 4 hole may be a new model for me and the 2 coins seem to be really thin, I considered them tokens and one of them I thought it was a jeton at first unfortunately both are just too smooth to identify anything

Not much of interest for other people

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_192538.jpg
    IMG_20240109_192538.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Unfortunately nothing great today, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining since 2 coins and 3 buttons are awesome for my collection.

It's just the buttons are standard but the 4 hole may be a new model for me and the 2 coins seem to be really thin, I considered them tokens and one of them I thought it was a jeton at first unfortunately both are just too smooth to identify anything

You're at least getting out digging.
Oh I am going to be also.
20240109_155726.jpg

You're at least getting out digging.
Oh I am going to be also.
View attachment 2125221
I've started a job on one of my permissions so I can dig in the evenings.

Only issue it's that it's all tall grass so i basically swing about 10-15cm above ground else it just bumps the grass humps and set the detector off

Yep. Snow and wind all day here too. Not fun to be outdoors. I did go out and rework the door on the chicken coop, though. (I was a bit hasty last night in the dark and didn't get things lined up right.). But I'm not swinging a detector in this stuff.

Am very pleased to have a fellow UK pirate aboard ship to up the button pics, get those muddy offerings buffed up asap, for us to see their full splendour 😆 xx

Yep. Snow and wind all day here too. Not fun to be outdoors. I did go out and rework the door on the chicken coop, though. (I was a bit hasty last night in the dark and didn't get things lined up right.). But I'm not swinging a detector in this stuff.
Least the chickens have a door, and hopefully a heater too

Snow isn't toooooo bad, here thankfully we've only seen about 2 hours of snowfall but made it a little dusty white and then it melted

Am very pleased to have a fellow UK pirate aboard ship to up the button pics, get those muddy offerings buffed up asap, for us to see their full splendour 😆 xx
Hopefully they'll be many many more but most of my permissions are planted so can't visit buttonland until early summer

The current place in detecting is a late 1800s farm with no expectations for earlier but did get a medieval crotal bell and a Roman coin so there's hope for nicer buttons too

Excellent work! A find is a find, takes a while to get to know your sites, we’ve had dead areas that are now giving up hammereds, time is all you need 😆 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back