THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Was the work carried out by them? As in did you pay or was in included with the pump?

Not sure how it works there but over here If the fitting is done by the shop/company and it goes bad they should replace it under their costs not yours
They said that only the price of the pump was covered by the warranty. The pump company, Flint & Walling, would not respond to emails or letters we sent them.
They are considered to be the top American pump manufacturers by everyone I've spoken with. :dontknow:

They said that only the price of the pump was covered by the warranty. The pump company, Flint & Walling, would not respond to emails or letters we sent them.
They are considered to be the top American pump manufacturers by everyone I've spoken with. :dontknow:
Ooof that absolutely sucks, can't see how that's legal since they're the ones that installed it but I guess that's America

Hmm note to self stay out of poison oak when metal detecting. Oh the misery I feel right now. Though I don't heed that note well as not my first rodeo with the stuff. My body hates it makes me feel sick on top of the rashes and itching. Why must gold rush areas have this terrible plant lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, the best pump company in America? That's like being the best hockey player in Ecuador.

WD... How's the Party going?
Obviously I wasn’t watching the thread. It was great! There are no pics. There was almost a video ( a couple guys had their phones at the ready) but, the other lady couldn’t catch me. Can’t give any more info about the incident because of the rules. Alcohol may have been involved.

Hmm note to self stay out of poison oak when metal detecting. Oh the misery I feel right now. Though I don't head that note well as not my first rodeo with the stuff. My body hates it makes me feel sick on top of the rashes and itching. Why must gold rush areas have this terrible plant lol.
Because if you want it it must be hard to get, you have experience being like that 😅

Because if you want it it must be hard to get, you have experience being like that 😅
Lol poison oak kicks my arse so this stuff makes me hesitant. I won't feel good for a couple weeks. Makes me tired, itchy covered in patchy rashes, and in general I'll feel like crap. I don't learn though always end up in the stuff

Hmm note to self stay out of poison oak when metal detecting. Oh the misery I feel right now.
Sorry. I feel for ya. I made the same mistake with poison ivy a couple of weeks ago. My hands have only recently stopped looking like a reptile. 😱

Maybe just kit yourself out in one of those biohazard kits 🤣 or find somewhere else to search.

Is there no cream or something to relieve the itch etc?
I've learned to leave it be. For whatever reason all that stuff seems to make it worse. All the cool relic areas all have poison oak lol so I'm screwed

Sorry. I feel for ya. I made the same mistake with poison ivy a couple of weeks ago. My hands have only recently stopped looking like a reptile. 😱
Yeah for me it takes awhile to recover as well

Good thing it's not like that here else id be royally fkd.. you know how much I love relics
Lol that you would. I'm too adventurous and always pay for it. You'd figure I'd learn with how miserable the stuff makes me to not get into it but nope

Obviously I wasn’t watching the thread. It was great! There are no pics. There was almost a video ( a couple guys had their phones at the ready) but, the other lady couldn’t catch me. Can’t give any more info about the incident because of the rules. Alcohol may have been involved.
I lied. There is a pic. The guys played poker and the gals played Pictionary. We laughed so hard at times. Several times the guys told us to settle down. I still have no idea what this gal was drawing. Lol

IMG_4651.jpeg

IMG_4652.jpeg

Lol poison oak kicks my arse so this stuff makes me hesitant. I won't feel good for a couple weeks. Makes me tired, itchy covered in patchy rashes, and in general I'll feel like crap. I don't learn though always end up in the stuff
Wash off with Dawn dish soap immediately after going out detecting in such areas. Poison ivy, oak and sumac are oil that gets on your skin. Dawn is the best. It may not get it all, but it takes care of a lot. Also, wash clothes separately with it. Regular washing won’t cut the oil and it then spreads to other articles of clothing. May help a little bit in the recovery process now, but best is to take care of it right away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back