THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 2123772
More smelting material for a bezel or 2. I'm not attached to any of this gold....all from this summer. I am attached to my 1733 treasures, my bahamian treasures, and my 1715 treasures. All this modern stuff that's not to special in the way of gemstones can be smelted and made into custom bezels for those treasure coins !! Ill elevate these historical shipwreck treasure coins, and turn them into even better treasures !! All the plain bands get turned in first, then the chains and grills and stuff I'd never use or fix. Plenty of good weight between all this scrap to make a bezel...maybe 2 bezels ? At this point I'd like to use some diamonds up....not to easy to get good scrap value out of loose diamonds, but pretty simple to up cycle them into my treasure art !! At the same time they add value to my treasure coin. So I'll use this blue Nile diamond band ring for the build.....diamonds removed, and put in my bezel. Now we have all this labor to pay for, so I'll try to convince my jeweler to polish the first ring on my finger and resell it for retail....its a 3000$ Tiffany platinum. Also I have another heavy bench mark platinum band. Perhaps he will take these in exchange for the labor !! If agreed to these terms, I'll get a nice 1732 sqare cobb from the 1733 fleet disaster mounted in gold with diamonds 💎!! Thats the last year the spanish made Mexican cobb coins !!
View attachment 2123776View attachment 2123777View attachment 2123778
I would love to learn how to make my own bezels like my mentor Marty meylach used to do....then I just need to find a couple thousand coins and start mounting them !!😂😁🤑

(Grumble..)

Cuttlebone casting of silver you could start the boy on.
Then perhaps graduate to lost wax casting.
Since you're already involved with jewelers and jewelry and art and craftsmanship (no offence craftswoman!)
If Jr. shows (ed) any interest in jewelry repair and creation or even buying and selling.... It is a dry dock potential for off seasons.
Or a cottage business for bad water periods. Or a time out from the water during prime seasons for any number of reasons.
Had I a brain in my teens.
More so , I met a guy shortly after if not at age 19 doing custom jewelry and repair that was doing quite well......while I was spending my body doing factory rat work. Making bank for others.

Had a co worker that had custom goldwork done often. He and others in the city near. And not just a little bit of gold either.

View attachment 2123772
More smelting material for a bezel or 2. I'm not attached to any of this gold....all from this summer. I am attached to my 1733 treasures, my bahamian treasures, and my 1715 treasures. All this modern stuff that's not to special in the way of gemstones can be smelted and made into custom bezels for those treasure coins !! Ill elevate these historical shipwreck treasure coins, and turn them into even better treasures !! All the plain bands get turned in first, then the chains and grills and stuff I'd never use or fix. Plenty of good weight between all this scrap to make a bezel...maybe 2 bezels ? At this point I'd like to use some diamonds up....not to easy to get good scrap value out of loose diamonds, but pretty simple to up cycle them into my treasure art !! At the same time they add value to my treasure coin. So I'll use this blue Nile diamond band ring for the build.....diamonds removed, and put in my bezel. Now we have all this labor to pay for, so I'll try to convince my jeweler to polish the first ring on my finger and resell it for retail....its a 3000$ Tiffany platinum. Also I have another heavy bench mark platinum band. Perhaps he will take these in exchange for the labor !! If agreed to these terms, I'll get a nice 1732 sqare cobb from the 1733 fleet disaster mounted in gold with diamonds 💎!! Thats the last year the spanish made Mexican cobb coins !!
View attachment 2123776View attachment 2123777View attachment 2123778
I would love to learn how to make my own bezels like my mentor Marty meylach used to do....then I just need to find a couple thousand coins and start mounting them !!😂😁🤑
That Blue Nile ring is my wife's wedding band. Wish I could've found her one instead of making the jewelry store wealthier. :laughing7:

6a9217686b758a06.jpeg

What did you rebuild?
You must have missed my post about my well / pump failure... came home from big party Sat night to no water.
It had been sputtering for about a week and had something going on where the motor must have heated and fittings for both in-out had a very slow drip... but as you may know this will cavatate and cause loss of prime etc etc etc....
So full rebuild and maintenance had to be done to regain flow etc.

You must have missed my post about my well / pump failure... came home from big party Sat night to no water.
It had been sputtering for about a week and had something going on where the motor must have heated and fittings for both in-out had a very slow drip... but as you may know this will cavatate and cause loss of prime etc etc etc....
I thought that after posting.
How deep is the well?

Less enjoyable (heh) than normal DUE to hangover i was nursing... heh

I thought that after posting.
How deep is the well?
Pretty deep... never have been sure as to full depth... i had a guy come out to help from a company... boy he was a trip... i needed things i did not have and some help he stated he thought it was 60-80 foot in his guess.

Pretty deep... never have been sure as to full depth... i had a guy come out to help from a company... boy he was a trip... i needed things i did not have and some help he stated he thought it was 60-80 foot in his guess.
At least you got it done now and are up and running.

The pump went in the well a year after we bought the place.
The precious owner supplied us with a map to where the well was X marked the spot. (poor treasure map)
The plumber and myself measured it out, started chipping the frozen ground away, we broke through the frost line and we kind of looked at each other and went :dontknow:.( This well could be anywhere)
No well cap
I located with this magic metal finder rig I owned-only to find it was many feet away, under a frozen snow bank, and buried down under the frozen earth.
I dug down and around the casing so a 4 foot extension could be welded on so now it's above ground now.

They installed the new pump-then it didn't run properly-the previous owner had changed the 220 to a 110 volt. Electrician required.

Great all better-few months later no water-split in the line-repair-then it happened again-defective line-new line and the well has been working great since.

One has to be careful of what they say it seems.

Now I'm getting PM'd asking the same question.

Just need to keep

One has to be careful of what they say it seems.

Now I'm getting PM'd asking the same question.

Just need to keep

That is a spitting image of one of my dogs.... all I had to do is put a foot on a spot and scratch it sayin "dig dig".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back