THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Where I am the humidity is absolutely horrible. it is like breathing water. No wonder they call this in the tropics the suicide season. I have experience this on both sides of equator. Even on the water although its better than being on land.

I am soaked and I ain't been doing nothing. Stinking hot 130 am in MY part of the world.

Crow

Last edited:
20240101_184333.jpg
some of this year's melters !! Ill have to throw in some diamond rings too for a new treasure coin mount !!

20240102_145653.jpg

More smelting material for a bezel or 2. I'm not attached to any of this gold....all from this summer. I am attached to my 1733 treasures, my bahamian treasures, and my 1715 treasures. All this modern stuff that's not to special in the way of gemstones can be smelted and made into custom bezels for those treasure coins !! Ill elevate these historical shipwreck treasure coins, and turn them into even better treasures !! All the plain bands get turned in first, then the chains and grills and stuff I'd never use or fix. Plenty of good weight between all this scrap to make a bezel...maybe 2 bezels ? At this point I'd like to use some diamonds up....not to easy to get good scrap value out of loose diamonds, but pretty simple to up cycle them into my treasure art !! At the same time they add value to my treasure coin. So I'll use this blue Nile diamond band ring for the build.....diamonds removed, and put in my bezel. Now we have all this labor to pay for, so I'll try to convince my jeweler to polish the first ring on my finger and resell it for retail....its a 3000$ Tiffany platinum. Also I have another heavy bench mark platinum band. Perhaps he will take these in exchange for the labor !! If agreed to these terms, I'll get a nice 1732 sqare cobb from the 1733 fleet disaster mounted in gold with diamonds 💎!! Thats the last year the spanish made Mexican cobb coins !!
20240101_184305.jpg
photo-683.JPG
photo-684.JPG

I would love to learn how to make my own bezels like my mentor Marty meylach used to do....then I just need to find a couple thousand coins and start mounting them !!😂😁🤑

All these cold temps! Must be this global warming! :angel12:
It was a tad snowy last year at this time.
This year there's nothing except for the ice covered bay.
Walked down from the barn and the shovel went in as it was soft as butter.
Exposed open areas its a tad frozen.
20221217_085518.jpg
20240102_155620.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back