THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Some eye candy for RC and you other old school fishermen.

IMG_4650.jpeg

Learned a nice trick.....leave the drain plug out of the live well, and don't turn on the pump.....this allows only a minimum of water in the well....the open plug allows a subtle gentle water exchange.....it was perfect for 6 baits.....none died, and I did not have to use up my battery with the pump. I fish ballyhoo, and they are by far the most delicate of baits....they die easily in most wells. 90 percent of fisherman will never live bait with ballyhoo.....it is a South Florida thing....all the ballyhoo that the entire world uses to troll with, are caught in the keys, and frozen for bait world wide. The dedicated boats in the keys all fish live ballyhoo (a luxury). So every live well in every fishing boat is no good for live ballyhoo....it takes heavy customization and fabrication on every boat to build a system that will keep these baits alive. View attachment 2123467
So we have 2 or 3 guys down here who build these custom systems. Off shore bait solutions is our 1st choice !!

You guys should check out AllAmericanTackleCo.com that is treasurenets own, @BennyV company....benny is great and is building, well....an all American Tackle Co.!! I've had a great time wearing his awsome merchandise. The few jigs I've used have crushed it on multiple different species !! Im happy to collaborate with him and we've had a blast so far !! Can't wait for 2024 !!
We would chum up Ballyhoo in Spanish Harbor off No Name Key. What fun on a little 4lb spinning rig. Cut squid on a tiny gold hook. We never tried to keep them alive, they went right on ice for trolling. Great cut bait for night snapper fishing which was my favorite type of fishing in the Keys. There would be thousands of Hoo's back in the chum slick.

Good morning TreasureNet Crew.

Welp starting the new year off with a well pump that decided to stop doing its job... Arrrrg
Troubleshooting it yesterday yielded nothing but head scratching.

Not a way to start off this year.

I'm tired after a hard day. The truck on a trickle charge for 24hrs.
Counted my Crotal/sleigh bell collection today.
92 complete ones.
I didn't bother counting the squashed or ones with pieces missing.
I have given many away to the permissions wives for the Xmas tree decorations over the years. Have a few more to ready yet.
I find it amazing how many folks haven't dug one bell yet.
Here I always thought that they were a common recovery.
You’re referring to me. Not one complete yet! Just one partial. 🥺

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back