THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Daughter has Covid. Wife and I are negative so far. Hoping it stays clear for us. Wearing a mask at work for the safety of others. Doctors say it acts like a sinus infection then eventually turns to a cough. It’s the new strain.
Covid is showing up at my work yesterday a few residents test positive ugh. Incoming lockdown at work I'm sure and me stuck wearing N95s there for weeks which wears you out there as you can't breath

I found a few while detecting on your side of the pond.
Cool actually to find something that old just laying there for the picking.

Have a friend from England that amassed a huge inventory of fossils from years of hunting, sifting, sites.
One can never have enough real old.
My metal detecting collection spans over 2100 years with a range of finds.

I am lucky to have access to two countries and both have a lot of local history from trading routes to invasion armies and battle sites/military orientation

Ugh apparently my last gold rush outing I got into poison oak it isn't acting as usual just a few extremely itchy spots. Ugh I hate the stuff
Would have said you found cursed golf but did you find the gold? Or was it just a "next person to walk my path shall be itchy till death!" Kinda deal?

Would have said you found cursed golf but did you find the gold? Or was it just a "next person to walk my path shall be itchy till death!" Kinda deal?
Naw in the gold rush outing all I got was a lead powder cap. Poison oak just lingers for so long when it comes to me

Daughter has Covid. Wife and I are negative so far. Hoping it stays clear for us. Wearing a mask at work for the safety of others. Doctors say it acts like a sinus infection then eventually turns to a cough. It’s the new strain.
Sorry to hear that she has the flu.

Been there done with all that BS

Be the day when I shove something up into my nose/throat to prove what really
To wear the "I Have" badge of honour.

This base/strain and every other variant strain has been around since 1964.
(Coronavirus is a family of viruses that can cause illnesses such as the common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome)

Up till 2019 it was the flu-seasonal-some worse-some better.

We ask really what does a person do differently between COVID or the flu anyways.
(Take a few minutes everyone and think about this seriously)

Stay at home
Rest
Don't be giving slobbering kisses to partner
Suck up the fact we got sick-and get better.

"Nothing personal" (That's the new phrase I have put in when stating something to somebody else)

(Coronavirus is a family of viruses that can cause illnesses such as the common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome)

We ask really what does a person do differently between COVID or the flu anyways.

Stay at home
Rest

"Nothing personal" (That's the new phrase I have put in when stating something to somebody else)
And masking has shown to exacerbate the spread.
Need proof?
We're still talking about it, aren't we?

Stay at home
Rest

I haven't taken a single vaccine and been around covid and don't get it had it once and my body went meh felt tired 2 days and was fine. Doesn't bother some people at all for some reason

My metal detecting collection spans over 2100 years with a range of finds.

I am lucky to have access to two countries and both have a lot of local history from trading routes to invasion armies and battle sites/military orientation
I didn't/haven't found any bronze age/Old Copper Culture as of yet so discounting any arrowheads/fossils my detecting history is from 50BC.

Given the chances that you will amass more over the years surely exceeds what we'll be finding on this side of the pond.

Query: How long have you been detecting now?

I didn't/haven't found any bronze age/Old Copper Culture as of yet so discounting any arrowheads/fossils my detecting history is from 50BC.

Given the chances that you will amass more over the years surely exceeds what we'll be finding on this side of the pond.

Started in 2020 but went out like 4 times and didn't enjoy it so dropped it till August this year.

Issue was my detector functioned as well as batteries glued to a stick.. end of August I purchased a Minelab xTerra pro and was like,,, this is what metal detecting is??????

And then October or so I got a Deus 2 xD

And masking has shown to exacerbate the spread.
Need proof?
We're still talking about it, aren't we?
I have to just :laughing7: at these really dirty looking masks that folks have on their face.
The facts are they struggle to breath-so the mask slips of the nose, or sits on their chin.
It's filthy from touching it so many times.
Full of germs as their own food particles, breath, just coats the inner surfaces of the mask.
Then it restricts the free flow of air which then increases the intake of carbon dioxide.

I fully understand that some folks have medical issues and they wear a mask as precaution.

Best precaution is stay away from others. (That's a hard one to do if living in a zoo)

I have to just :laughing7: at these really dirty looking masks that folks have on their face.
The facts are they struggle to breath-so the mask slips of the nose, or sits on their chin.
Full of germs as their own food particles, breath, just coats the inner surfaces of the mask.
Then it restricts the free flow of air which then increases the intake of carbon dioxide.

I fully understand that some folks have medical issues and they wear a mask as precaution.

Best precaution is stay away from others. (That's a hard one to do if living in a zoo)
If you've had to wear a N95 all day and it's a job you move a lot it is terrible. You can't breath, you don't feel good after awhile. Oh and the cloth and masks that aren't N95s ain't going to stop covid when the things you smell are larger than covid. Covid is quite small and readily passes through most things only thing that works decently is n95s and they suck to wear long term

Started in 2020 but went out like 4 times and didn't enjoy it so dropped it till August this year.

Issue was my detector functioned as well as batteries glued to a stick.. end of August I purchased a Minelab xTerra pro and was like,,, this is what metal detecting is??????

And then October or so I got a Deus 2 xD
So basically you have sometime but not a lot of time put in on the digging.
Yet you've recovered some great stuff because availability of history in your dirt.

(I have about a 1000 hours of digging your dirt, and thoroughly enjoyed 990 hours of it)

We're basically limited to the same amount of time the Roman occupation of Britain was.
(That's only basically for the Eastern areas of the country.)
further one goes inland the history is basically mid- late victorian)

If you've had to wear a N95 all day and it's a job you move a lot it is terrible. You can't breath, you don't feel good after awhile. Oh and the cloth and masks that aren't N95s ain't going to stop covid when the things you smell are larger than covid. Covid is quite small and readily passes through most things only thing that works decently is n95s and they suck to wear long term
You're preaching to the choir when it comes to mask wearing John.
I have been wearing a N95 for decades to do any simple task that involves particulate floating around.
Oh sure I cheat on many occasions like doing the chicken duties-then having a smokers cough because I cheated.
But I do find that it labours me wearing one-then as the timeline grows that pipes are getting weaker it seems.

Also I already have Celtic gold, po
So basically you have sometime but not a lot of time put in on the digging.
Yet you've recovered some great stuff because availability of history in your dirt.

(I have about a 1000 hours of digging your dirt, and thoroughly enjoyed 990 hours of it)

We're basically limited to the same amount of time the Roman occupation of Britain was.
(That's only basically for the Eastern areas of the country.)
further one goes inland the history is basically mid- late victorian)
I live in Colchester, capital of Romania britan and centre of the tribes pre romans.history here basically spans humans in England

Yeah realistically I have maybe less than 200 hours of detecting since I started. My first detector was a second hand Chinese one that we paid too much for (paid ÂŁ120 and goes for like as low as 60 even new)

It was August 28 or something like that when I got my xTerra ans started detecting since. Beside like 2 modern coins I had nothing from my first detector so my entire collection is from end of August this year

I wore non toxic dust masks at varied jobs for many years. Some high dust jobs!
Winter temps stepping or working outdoors at work at times (real cold temps a mask doesn't hurt like cold air can , believe it or not)
The cold though sure showed leaks towards safety glasses.
And paint dust , fiberglass dust , foundry dust will tell if a mask isn't sealed well.
And guess what? Nontoxic particle masks are called nontoxic for a reason. They filter out bigger chaff. Not toxic or micro particulates.

Respirators I wore too. Spaying paint. Pumping /transferring acids. Ect..
Safety glasses with respirator and face shield and Tyvek suit and rubber boots heavy rubber gloves.
And still got acid burned on skin more than once.
Soaked with sweat on hot summer work details around the giant ovens and washer systems ect. All that gear had to be carefully removed and decontaminated.
Are canister filters a source of infection if virus is caught on/in them ?
If so the ideal time to change them out and contain/isolate the used ones would be immediately after use and exposure? Which would rely on knowing when an exposure occurred. Or else , constant filter changing.

I wear a mask at the hospital when required. (None last time.) Not my policy. And the folks that see me there wear them everyday.
I have obviously worn a lot of masks a lot of years for varied reasons.
Used to be seeing one in public meant low immunity individuals.
I had nothing to say about that. And same today if someone is wearing a mask.

Ever see folks still pull a nasty hankie out of thier pocket and blow thier nose?
I'd just as soon not share surfaces or personal space or a washing machine with them.
Nope. not all are ill.

You're preaching to the choir when it comes to mask wearing John.
I have been wearing a N95 for decades to do any simple task that involves particulate floating around.
Oh sure I cheat on many occasions like doing the chicken duties-then having a smokers cough because I cheated.
But I do find that it labours me wearing one-then as the timeline grows that pipes are getting weaker it seems.
You definitely for some things should and do need to wear a mask. But has to be the right kind. Some particulates will readily pass through the wrong type. People often don't understand this. I get wearing N95s at my work during outbreak it makes sense as I work with elderly. However the thin mask do nothing for covid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back