Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to the K to 8 school and did a little swingin. The last time I was here I did get a little silver and a dollar coin. This time I got the dollar coin but not the silver. I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and found 69 coins with a face value of $5.54, 2 wheaties, a cat charm, 2 rings, a pirate dog tag hit by the lawn mower, a round ball, a modern button, 2 checkered flag pins, a hair clip, zipper parts, aluminum bottle caps, can slaw, tab and pencil ends.

DSCN3506.jpeg

The Adams dollar coin was the best finds. The cat charm is a recent loss and is two pieces joined together so the bottom half swings.

DSCN3507.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the middle school and finished off a grid section and did a walk around in some areas I haven’t visited yet. Lots of tabs but not a lot of goodies. In 6 hours with the CZ21 I managed to find 74 coins with a face value of $3.33, a ring, a lock cylinder, a hair clip, aluminum bottle caps, can slaw, tabs and pencil ends.

DSCN3508.jpeg

The ring is unique style and I think it is a very pretty one. Unfortunately it is not gold. It is 18k HGE, which I will call almost gold. The HGE stands for HEAVY GOLD ELECTROPLATE. The stones are czs or glass.

DSCN3509.jpeg

DSCN3510.jpeg

DSCN3511.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 2 pennies on the parking lot at the store and 3 nickels and some pennies in the coinstar machine.

I found a few of these rascals at both locations I hunted this week. I generally leave the wildlife alone. If they don’t bother me I don’t bother them. But this is a spotted lantern fly, an invasive species that is considered very undesirable. I stomped on all the ones I saw. They have been around for a while, but this week was the first time I have ever encountered them. Keep your eyes open for them in your area and stomp on the little buggers. I know the dozen or so I stomped won’t make a big difference, but each one that survives has the potential to breed and produce lots more so let’s get rid of as many as we can.

IMG_9053.jpeg

IMG_9055.jpeg

Well that is all for this week. We am flying to visit our daughter and I won’t have a detector with me. It will be at least a week before I get to swing again. I hope I don’t go into detector withdrawal. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 9
Your Still a digging machine for the amount of recoveries.
The H.G.E is a "Could of Been"

Thanks for the 2 stomps.
The foreign bugs are killing our forests and plants.

Nice batch of finds. Good thing you took care of those Lantern Flies. They are very invasive and destructive, and local organizations are recommending to anyone who encounters them, to give them a stomp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back