THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Got a tiny front yard permission yesterday at a 1930s house. Looked as slowly and methodically as I could and felt like I had beat it to death in just over an hour.
Pulled a little 10k gold ring, a 1927 merc and about $1.50 in clad.
IMG_6285.jpg

Also I already have Celtic gold, po

I live in Colchester, capital of Romania britan and centre of the tribes pre romans.history here basically spans humans in England

Yeah realistically I have maybe less than 200 hours of detecting since I started. My first detector was a second hand Chinese one that we paid too much for (paid £120 and goes for like as low as 60 even new)

It was August 28 or something like that when I got my xTerra ans started detecting since. Beside like 2 modern coins I had nothing from my first detector so my entire collection is from end of August this year
That's exactly where I have my 100 hours of digging in Colchester (area).
I haven't been since the spring of 2015 (Lung issues)
I have many hours of great memories of the awesome recoveries that I made and seeing others making theirs.

Really you are very fortunate to be living right there and basically digging for free when ever the need arises.

I was really fortunate in spending thousands of dollars each trip to beat the body up/catch some lurgy off another person/eat crap food/dig up crap.
The flip side is to go on a holiday that gave an opportunity of an open door to dig up old history/treasures with every beep-did it happen with every beep-heck no. But it happened enough to scratch the itch and to want to dig even more.

Got a tiny front yard permission yesterday at a 1930s house. Looked as slowly and methodically as I could and felt like I had beat it to death in just over an hour.
Pulled a little 10k gold ring, a 1927 merc and about $1.50 in clad.
View attachment 2122446
Congrats on yet another silver.:headbang:
Ya that gold isn't too shabby either :occasion14:

That's exactly where I have my 100 hours of digging in Colchester (area).
I haven't been since the spring of 2015 (Lung issues)
I have many hours of great memories of the awesome recoveries that I made and seeing others making theirs.

Really you are very fortunate to be living right there and basically digging for free when ever the need arises.

I was really fortunate in spending thousands of dollars each trip to beat the body up/catch some lurgy off another person/eat crap food/dig up crap.
The flip side is to go on a holiday that gave an opportunity of an open door to dig up old history/treasures with every beep-did it happen with every beep-heck no. But it happened enough to scratch the itch and to want to dig even more.
Darn that sucks, and food stays crap of you live here🤣

Where abouts did you detect? Most of my permissions are just south west of Colchester.

Have a few permissions throughout tho.

And yes we moved here in 2008 I think, Colchester is an awesome place for history not as much for living

Darn that sucks, and food stays crap of you live here🤣

Where abouts did you detect? Most of my permissions are just south west of Colchester.

Have a few permissions throughout tho.

And yes we moved here in 2008 I think, Colchester is an awesome place for history not as much for living
Basically NE of the A120 mostly.

Ah, should be a fairly decent but empty location I'd say. Probably less modern trash but also less reallllyyy old stuff
A member of the club found a Bronze Age Axe Hoard
We're talking that's probably some of the oldest stuff anyone will dig.

Aw darn pepper you suck at this look at all those weirdly shapped pieces of aluminum slaw lol.
I have to stop running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off.
Covering 5 acres a hour
With my coil tilted up like a pancake flipper
Swinging it like a golf club.
My New Year's Resolution to work on my skills :notworthy:

Covering 5 acres a hour
Are you by chance my dad? Nvm you didn't includes dead battery and digging dirt with the pinpointer

Covering 5 acres a hour
Lol. I think I'm going to end up in a bad way gold rush areas are in the poison oak areas and me and poison oak we don't get along at all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back