THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

It’s 42F and raining. No treasure hunting today. 🥺
Sunny and a tad cold.
The ground is getting pretty hard.
They're harvesting the fuel corn now.
But not really detecting weather.

Screenshot_20231222_070042_Weather Network.jpg

Looking outside at the frigid tundra of the keys, one might think krampus was in town.....its been grey and drizzling for ... for...well it seems like weeks now. Temperature barley reaching 72 at the peak temperature 🌡 we had a brutal low of 61....DUDE.....thats almost into the 50s !! Might have to migrate south with the ducks at some other islands 🏝

In all seriousness.....a winter up north might break my mental fortitude. No it's not really cold, and of coarse I'm being sarcastic for humor......but I have noticed that the short grey days over and over really drag my mood down, and....well depress me !! And please don't take that to seriously depression for me probably feels like pure joy for others.....I look forward to the sunny long days with light wind and calm, warm, clear, water 💧 .....hurry up spring !!

Looking outside at the frigid tundra of the keys, one might think krampus was in town.....its been grey and drizzling for ... for...well it seems like weeks now. Temperature barley reaching 72 at the peak temperature 🌡 we had a brutal low of 61....DUDE.....thats almost into the 50s !! Might have to migrate south with the ducks at some other islands 🏝

In all seriousness.....a winter up north might break my mental fortitude. No it's not really cold, and of coarse I'm being sarcastic for humor......but I have noticed that the short grey days over and over really drag my mood down, and....well depress me !! And please don't take that to seriously depression for me probably feels like pure joy for others.....I look forward to the sunny long days with light wind and calm, warm, clear, water 💧 .....hurry up spring !!
Just putting this one there as folks that suffer from SAD can be low on Vitamin D

42% Of Americans Are Deficient In Vitamin D.

We're in the basement for daylight and starting the slow crawl out as of today.

Just take a much needed holiday up north, go for a swim, relax on the frozen sands.:laughing7:
You'll enjoy your climate a whole lot more.
45 degrees difference between us today.

We've had it light so far here.
Way behind on snow and around freezing this morning again.
Not that I object with the plow truck still down..

By my wobbly match this/that cuts a month off winter at least.
Leaving only 90 (?) days of snow shoveling potential.

Used to be fun and adventurous Southbound travels and escapades.
Picking a state for just right clime and attitude of it's critter occupied spots.
Now it's day dreaming about a clime a snowshovel doesn't get worn out and a hospital close! L.o.l..

Sitting with an electric light close. Must be rain coming.

42% Of Americans Are Deficient In Vitamin D.
Agreed. Blood tests to determine your vitamin D levels are fairly cheap. The vitamin D leve can drop really low in the winter, and for most indoor workers, it's not a whole lot better in the summer. Fresh air and sunshine are the best cure, but barring that, vitamin D supplementation is easy and cheap.

Agreed. Blood tests to determine your vitamin D levels are fairly cheap. The vitamin D leve can drop really low in the winter, and for most indoor workers, it's not a whole lot better in the summer. Fresh air and sunshine are the best cure, but barring that, vitamin D supplementation is easy and cheap.
A person should also take K2 with the D3 if it's not already included.
This is how it explained.

Vitamin D3 ensures that calcium is absorbed easily and K2 (MK-7) activates the protein, osteocalcin, which integrates calcium into bone. Without D3 and K2, calcium cannot do its job effectively. Vitamin K2 (MK-7) activates matrix GLA protein (MGP) to bind excess calcium and promote arterial flow and flexibility.

A person should also take K2 with the D3 if it's not already included.
Agreed. The best way to get vitamin D is natural supplements (cod liver oil, etc), but those are pricier than the synthetic D3. The down side of the synthetic is it doesn't come with co-factors, as you noted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back