THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A very useful treasure hunting tool with various purposes. Probably more use for you out there than I have for mine. But I take mine to flea markets and such to look for old glass and uranium glass. I take it also when out and around to look for flourscent minerals for display. Also certain gems will also be flourscent. Especially rubies those show vibrant red
Wonder if it would of use to see a stone that has been lost out of the setting.
Especially rings or jewelry dug up and a gem is missing, or a dropped one out of a pice of jewelry on the ground.

Wonder if it would of use to see a stone that has been lost out of the setting.
Especially rings or jewelry dug up and a gem is missing, or a dropped one out of a pice of jewelry on the ground.
It's possible not all gems will glow but a lot do. Especially with that light

View attachment 2116774View attachment 2116775
@JVA5th thanks for the heads up on this bad boy !! It came this morning at 730 am !! I've been shining it on everything in the house !!

On a side note to those that don't understand the significance of this tool as it relates to treasure hunting......there is no better way to see disturbances in paint, plaster, and bricks. So in south Florida we have a criminal culture that has always hid the proceeds of drug smuggling inside walls, ceilings, floors, and other custom built hides in these elaborate drug smuggling compounds. I know 3 people who have inadvertently stumbled on large fortunes stashed by drug smugglers here in the keys. 1 still lives here and the other 2 fled and disappeared......the key takeaway was the guy who bought the old smugglers house, and located the hidden stash behind a wall.....how did you find it I asked.....his answer was.....an old treasure hunter came with a black light and found the disturbances in the plaster and paint, on a wall in the house. Not only was it a stash, but it was a custom built hide that was installed in the house as it was built. There were a number of drug houses here in the keys related to just about every cartel in existence. So with that story in mind.....I will now try and access one of Escobar old estates....my friend bought it for pennies on the dollar in the early 90s. It has bullet proof glass, and a helicopter pad on the roof. Its never been fully checked, and one of his other properties yielded a safe that was hidden under the main entrance to the building. They dug it up, and it was stolen from the property within hours, never to be seen again !!

I recall the house and the couple that ,lived in it.
As a barefoot kid bouncing around Dads truck , usually in the bed or clinging to the tailgate in above freezing weather (do I smell bad or something?) to visit the "farm market" about 200 yards away from the house.
Contrasting the let the kid in the cab winters when the market was closed anyways... It was often the hottest days Dad would stop.

It wasn't a go walk round deal. They'd bring you whatever.
I might know why Dad was there or what he acquired but it was a farm "market"!
Meaning stuff for sale. Stuff seductively arranged right where it hits a young kid in the eye.
Lighters. Oh yeah! What kid didn't want to ogle lighters?
Matches were free for pushing the "thank you" button on certain cigarette vending machines on the rare occasion you were somewhere in public that had such. But a lighter was a step up!
Too they could usually be acquired at or around a bar.

And knives! Oh the cheapest crap steel ect. but points for design!
A type display cardboard then seen at the livestock markets flea market outside type sales.
All out of reach of this kids budget.

But the masonry /block ect. of that market and perhaps a cooler somewhere let the most delicious cool air gently roll out from inside the building.
Smells of melons and earth vegetables.
Must have been trucking in from other states.

No pictures because pictures never occurred to me.
The brief time in my life they did , film and developing was still cost prohibitive.
But I can see that old house well enough. Was old.
When the nice to little kids couple died it got torn down.
I couldn't hardly stand seeing the goings on on my rare passings by.
The market revamped into a storage type affair for a business with an office. I don't stop.

But I recall another old house long gone on the property.
And I believe where the pop machine was outside the little market.

The attic in the house was one of those attics you could enjoy as a room without going Quasimodo.
Which brings me to my repeat of a tale.
There was a false wall in the attic.
And things (at least some) from behind it went to a museum and to controversy.
A light went on in my little marshmallow of a brain going by there one time . But I let it go.

Anyways, besides under/behind stairwells (I knew a little kid who had a
secret lab" in such a place when I was young. The well pump in there kicking on sometimes made me jump sometimes but at least I had a hangout of sorts) and areas patched for your light to reveal variations...
Measuring a room can be tricky. After all , what should it measure?
A false wall in one home hid a grow set up elsewhere. Meaning light could penetrate any crack in fit.
Enter a dark room and see light through a crack?
SO. How to build a false wall that isn't a tell tale. Or allow a tell tale to leak out.

Discolored trim or edges from oil off fingers /hands? Scuff marks on floor from moving a section or panel?
Did your black light spot the difference in an entire painted wall Vs the others?
(I know it can newer plastering's , but would my lizard brain say hey why is this entire wall been painted? Because I am cheap and would paint just one wall maybe.
If I were rich enough to hide something valuable I might hire painters to do the whole room.
Or dig a hole in the floor of an outbuilding and create a false drain instead.
Need a bigger hole? An oil change pit. Don't step into it in the dark though.

Last edited:
A very useful treasure hunting tool with various purposes. Probably more use for you out there than I have for mine. But I take mine to flea markets and such to look for old glass and uranium glass. I take it also when out and around to look for flourscent minerals for display. Also certain gems will also be flourscent. Especially rubies those show vibrant red
I love this thing....so far I've found out my house is disgusting, and that these #@$@:%^ cats have pissed everywhere in this house at some point or another !!🤮🤮🤮

I love this thing....so far I've found out my house is disgusting, and that these #@$@:%^ cats have pissed everywhere in this house at some point or another !!🤮🤮🤮
Lol yeah you'll find all kinds of crap. I'm like a child shining mine on everything just to see what happens

Amazing what it will reveal....every flaw, even heavy dust build up....I follow a page of some one who shows there mineral finds in the stones around Lake Michigan....incredibly beautiful under the light, and that's how they search.....pre dawn shoreline walks,....Beautiful pics of sunrises with uv lit stones....spectacular specimens and photography!!

Amazing what it will reveal....every flaw, even heavy dust build up....I follow a page of some one who shows there mineral finds in the stones around Lake Michigan....incredibly beautiful under the light, and that's how they search.....pre dawn shoreline walks,....Beautiful pics of sunrises with uv lit stones....spectacular specimens and photography!!
I want to get out to some of the rocky rivers out here and see if I can find anything interesting

20231124_115056.jpg

Ruby rough, and garnets mixed....rubies easy to spot now. From our N.C. property.

Sure does highlight the dust, CSI type light for sure.
It would be right scary shining one around my house.🤣
It most definitely shows dust lol. You can see the oils on your hand if you put the light to hand lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back