THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Might have found the wreck of the "vinyard" 1830. Hope to get some underwater shots of this bad boy !! I have to check size and tonnage of that vessel. The one I've located is absolutely mammoth size !! Framing knees may be 12X12X many feet long. Could be galleon parts also. If they are galleon parts it will give tremendous insight as to how and where this galleon was salvaged. I'm off to investigate!!

You made me spew coffee.

I will say this....
There are not enough hours in the day... especially now they took ONE away.
Off to the races....... errr...... ok really... just off to the fast paced shenanigans.
bbl
I'll get to the bottom of this yet even if I have to...
90b7d142a791f741.gif

Good morning my hearties! I got my 2nd dose of shingle shot yesterday and it made me feel like I had an awful flu! 60 sucks!
I also got my physical paperwork redone and took it to the scuba shop. After 6 months, I finally was given my awards.

IMG_4485.png

Today is clean and decorate for thanksgiving dinner day.
Welcome aboard @Bluegrassheart !

It seems that the last few days the world has revolved around food-getting food delivered 225 lbs, and today was picking up.
Yesterday was shrink wrapping nuts, seeds for the freezer.
When buying in bulk it's a way of keeping freshness to a higher level.
Then when it comes to longterm storage its best to deal with the fragile commodity.
So 6 hrs of steady repackaging putting flour/sugar/salt/spices/dried fruits in the pantry.

Rainy day baking coming up, make some Xmas/winter time comfort treats.

Though we got shorted in our butter order (miscommunication) we have less than we want-but we might try a direct order and see what happens.
50lb block then wire cut it into 1 pound squares.
Will do a split between a few friends-if I do the cutting up and wrapping.

Today was a run for local Spelt flour, 10 chickens, and 14 lbs of cheese 29 packages of 7 different raw milk cheese.

The Mrs stated the freezers are getting full-oh ya! :hello2:

Next year I would like to keep a Jennie and a Gobbler for breeding.
Oh! Really? They'll be living in the barn-still working on that one dear. :laughing7:

Great news! One of my black hens that I got for my birthday has decided to go Broody. Cranky and one better be wearing gloves to go near her pecking range.
I gave her 4 more eggs-no thank you-just 20 stern pecks-no loving there, thankful they were insulated.
Still felt it, but she tucked those eggs under herself faster than a pickpocket working the subway car.

So the first week of Dec I have the Mrs Pepper's BD present all picked out. :laughing7:
First eggs will be in the beginning of May (That's if they're hens) Roosters might be freezer time.

Some of you readers may recall the stuff we came across this spring. Mom and dad were moving from the farm and their son was moving into the farm house in 2 weeks, so they just were throwing stuff way. Well, the mr drove by the other day and the son had a pile out for the trash. In particular he noticed a bell. We just went there and asked if we could have it. The guy said,”yes, and anything else you want.” The Mr handed him money but the guy wouldn’t take it. As we walked out to the street, the Mr said I have reduced him to a new low, a trash picker. Lol
Two picks, a large cultivator rake, a pitch fork, an auger/hole digger thingy and the bell- $0.00.
IMG_4488.jpeg

Staggering by to report that despite being afraid I wouldn't die...I didn't die.

First I've been able to set up long enough to type since yesterday morning.
But , much better.
Ant poison used in blind last month? Or a bug caught from going grocery shopping?
Kicked my butt whatever it is.

Staggering by to report that despite being afraid I wouldn't die...I didn't die.

But , much better.
Ant poison used in blind last month? Or a bug caught from going grocery shopping?
I’m sorry you were sick. I am very glad you didn’t die! Hopefully you will be back to normal soon.

But , much better.
I hope you are alright. Covid? Swamp ass? :dontknow: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back