THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

***YAWN***
I can relate.

Good morning everyone.

The little chickens (who aren't so little anymore) also say Good Morning.

IMG_2746.jpeg

Good morning everyone. Waking up at 4:30AM is always so pleasant than a nice cold walk to work. Then the chaos of work begins. Fun stuff for me

Good morning everyone. Waking up at 4:30AM is always so pleasant than a nice cold walk to work. Then the chaos of work begins. Fun stuff for me
I'll buy early, I'll buy the walk, I'll buy into the work-but seriously you need to live "Way Up North" to even put the word "COLD" in. :laughing7:

Nothing cleaned up. I was not done after the horseshoe. I found a bolt in the same hole. Then on the way back to my house, I got a nickel signal. Right along the driveway and I thought,” well it’s possible.” So I dug in the forbidden yard and you know who came home from work. 🙄 So when he asked what I found, I told him that Arc sent his blessing. Yep pull tab. 🤣
I could start a thread in today’s finds, but Arc says the finds look better here and I need all the help I can get.

View attachment 2114981
Just a quick gleam of the digs.
Scissor handle, sealer bottom right above it? Probably a bone/wood inserts on the handle at one time.
Now the big curved iron above the the horse shoe (For racing on an oval track -they raised the one side) The oval track dirt racers use to toe in the front wheels on the car's tie-rods for this purpose.
So Peps would just assume that a horse shoe was the first example.

Right-back to the curved piece, piece of plow blade or a cast pot?

Dang I was sitting on pins and needles when I read about getting caught digging the pull tab......
Kind of like the deer in the headlights-Ya the Murphy's Law-dig one target and getting caught. :laughing7:

Just a quick gleam of the digs.
Scissor handle, sealer bottom right above it? Probably a bone/wood inserts on the handle at one time.
Now the big curved iron above the the horse shoe (For racing on an oval track -they raised the one side) The oval track dirt racers use to toe in the front wheels on the car's tie-rods for this purpose.
So Peps would just assume that a horse shoe was the first example.

Right-back to the curved piece, piece of plow blade or a cast pot?

Dang I was sitting on pins and needles when I read about getting caught digging the pull tab......
Kind of like the deer in the headlights-Ya the Murphy's Law-dig one target and getting caught. :laughing7:
Ah You spied the scissor handle! I kinda like it. Above left is a mason jar bottom. You would have known that if I cleaned up. Plow blade was hubby’s guess, too.
See the sort of square piece next to the pull tab? If it laid flat, it is 2 layers of material, square with a hole in the center. Interesting. Very interesting.

In the great depression it was Chicory.
Dandelion roots too.
Acorn coffee also. Caution due to pucker factor leach in running water (creek ect. to reduce tannic acid , then roast.)

Better to stretch coffee by adding such ,but hey , when it's coffee time and there's no coffee...

Arrived home yesterday and told ladyfried I forgot to buy some mints. (My tobacco substitute flavor, however poor.)
Told her I'll be smoking oak leaves..

Dandelion roots too.
Acorn coffee also. Caution due to pucker factor leach in running water (creek ect. to reduce tannic acid , then roast.)

Better to stretch coffee by adding such ,but hey , when it's coffee time and there's no coffee...

Arrived home yesterday and told ladyfried I forgot to buy some mints. (My tobacco substitute flavor, however poor.)
Told her I'll be smoking oak leaves..
d2094b8f02f13a23.gif

Screenshot_20231114_090807_Google.jpg

Things that I have learnt today. 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back