THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

1698715925461.png

Goooooddd morningggg fellow diggers and treasure hunters!!!

I’m lacking thoroughly in the jewellery department but I have countless coins, these are my dirtiest examples tho!

So I’ve been going through my things and managed to find parts of the collection I thought I lost a few years ago. I’m gonna be cleaning them and putting them in coin cases.

My way of cleaning is lemon juice and tin foil on the silver ones like the hammered coins.

Newer or non important things I just use a soft and medium toothbrush to clean them with water and a garden spray bottle and toothpicks for harder stuff.

I was thinking of buying one of these ultrasonic cleaners and suing in in modern stuff like the ones in the pics.

Any opinions or tips?

Much appreciated and sorry for the long read!

Attachments

• 6EDD9F1D-4C0D-4A2E-990F-E395C9478D5A.jpeg
    6EDD9F1D-4C0D-4A2E-990F-E395C9478D5A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • DAAD0186-D73E-4ABC-8808-FDA7F07A9772.jpeg
    DAAD0186-D73E-4ABC-8808-FDA7F07A9772.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • DE516742-4BD2-444A-806C-C2FACCCD8C78.png
    DE516742-4BD2-444A-806C-C2FACCCD8C78.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 16
Goooooddd morningggg fellow diggers and treasure hunters!!!

I’m lacking thoroughly in the jewellery department but I have countless coins, these are my dirtiest examples tho!

So I’ve been going through my things and managed to find parts of the collection I thought I lost a few years ago. I’m gonna be cleaning them and putting them in coin cases.

My way of cleaning is lemon juice and tin foil on the silver ones like the hammered coins.

Newer or non important things I just use a soft and medium toothbrush to clean them with water and a garden spray bottle and toothpicks for harder stuff.

I was thinking of buying one of these ultrasonic cleaners and suing in in modern stuff like the ones in the pics.

Any opinions or tips?

Much appreciated and sorry for the long read!
I don’t know enough about cleaning coins, so mine are not cleaned. There are lots of threads on the subject that can be read at one’s leisure. I can tell you that Bart has cleaned some of his finds. He may pipe in. Also, @Tom_Restorer would be a good one to ask.

I don’t know enough about cleaning coins, so mine are not cleaned. There are lots of threads on the subject that can be read at one’s leisure. I can tell you that Bart has cleaned some of his finds. He may pipe in. Also, @Tom_Restorer would be a good one to ask.
Thank you, I’ll check out the cleaning threads and then ask as I don’t like bothering people for my needs.

Will now have fo return to work tho ;-;

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back