THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

POST #58

POST #58

Oh Cap, so sad to read u have no interest in my buttons… nothing can beat seeing the look of disappointment on Himself’s face when he realises that muddy disk is not a Roman coin, but another little button for the collection 😆 xx its a win win for me 😆 xx

Yay! One cannot appreciate holiday weekends without going to work. I’m glad you are working again and I hope you enjoy your job ( unlike ms blossom 🙄).
I'm extremely stressed and feel dumb lol so much anxiety but I'm just dealing with it the best I can. Trying to ignore the flight response

Hit the gas , power through it!
Lol trying at one point I felt panic setting in and I get overwhelmed so easy. There's so much to remember. Then didn't feel as bad when the one I have to shadow said she's been here 6 years. I at first felt dumb I was like how do they remember all this stuff.

I made it to the waterfall yesterday, too much water to get in and detect plus it was really cold.
IMG_0659.jpeg

Oh Cap, so sad to read u have no interest in my buttons… nothing can beat seeing the look of disappointment on Himself’s face when he realises that muddy disk is not a Roman coin, but another little button for the collection 😆 xx its a win win for me 😆 xx
Here all along the ship of pirates believed that the Cap'n liked buttons.
Then I read he doesn't, nor gold, not even a barrel tap.
He's addicted you know, no cure, one track mind, no amount of therapy is going to work.
The Cap'n is addicted to one thing, and only this turns his crank.
Screenshot_20230904_133808_Chrome.jpg

Here all along the ship of pirates believed that the Cap'n liked buttons.
Then I read he doesn't, nor gold, not even a barrel tap.
He's addicted you know, no cure, one track mind, no amount of therapy is going to work.
The Cap'n is addicted to one thing, and only this turns his crank.View attachment 2103314
Just wanted to state for the record that the 🌶 likes buttons.
Bellybuttons I can take or leave them.🤣

Lol trying at one point I felt panic setting in and I get overwhelmed so easy. There's so much to remember. Then didn't feel as bad when the one I have to shadow said she's been here 6 years. I at first felt dumb I was like how do they remember all this stuff.
Have faith in yourself.
A week will be very different. Two weeks even more different.
You'll be doing things standing on your head with your eyes closed like it's nothing , that you struggled with today.
Then you'll do something that looks so easy and get the refresher course in , you just gotta do it to get the hang of it.

You're getting orientated is all. You've done it before and will do it again.
And you're a natural around food. Including where the raw materials come from. That's pretty big in my book.
If I tossed you in a walk in cooler and asked your opinion of the quality of the food in it I would trust your answer. And we've never met.
In a couple weeks I could ask about any frozen stock we're working with.
Granted that is a food and beverage managers job , if we have one. But my priority is on a quality product. And that starts where you come from. The ground , and the food and critters derived from it and a result of thier care.
Are you a canidate for studying food and beverage? Till I see different; you've got the basic background I'd be looking for. How many others do there?
People don't know quality until they've experienced it. So how do I fairly expect it from anyone who hasn't seen it?
Customers won't experience it consistently till the whole crew behind thier meal is on board.
Which you already know well from prior experience. So don't sell yourself short. You are proven fully capable of providing a quality service already. You're just doing it again.

Last edited:

That was long after my time, but ya that's vinny.....his father was head of Jimmy's security, and once was head of the secret service....or some high up presidential security stuff. Vinny went to school with my brother in law. My brother in laws brewery and distillery is run from the same business model as land shark beer, and was borrowed by Vinny for islamorada brewery & Distillery. Vinny I'm sure is partners in our brewery.

That was long after my time, but ya that's vinny.....his father was head of Jimmy's security, and once was head of the secret service....or some high up presidential security stuff. Vinny went to school with my brother in law. My brother in laws brewery and distillery is run from the same business model as land shark beer, and was borrowed by Vinny for islamorada brewery & Distillery. Vinny I'm sure is partners in our brewery.
Vinny.
Reads like a guy I shouldn't borrow a few hundred thousand from...

That glass.
Used to load truck once a week out of state and one of the places we picked up from did fiberglass work. I did see boat hulls there too.
Yes the smell. And feel on the eyes.
Wasn't much longer I was working in a shop that did some glass work.
Me sanding , and loading ect.
Fiberglass splinters in my hands. Nose bleeds from sanding it.
Not really a lover of glass. But on salt water can see an advantage.
But it can't be let go. As you know! Integrity is there ; or it isn't.

Tons more involved in that craft.
But the hull and attendant transom is it's soul. For me anyways. They are what keep passengers out of shark range. Mostly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back