THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

371846539_285719267429497_2317350811891849091_n.jpg

Good morning me hearties! Now that was a long weekend! It all started when hubby left last Tuesday for the lake. He picked up a friend along the way. I was left home alone so I spent some extra time with Dad. Got up bright and early and drove to the quarry and got 2 dives in. I swam through the school bus twice. I passed on the airplane and tires. Then I went to an antique mall and that took about an hour and a half to walk through. Didnā€™t buy anything. Got to the camper late and crashed. No refrigerator disaster. We have not been there for 5-6 weeks and there were lots of severe storms during our absence. The friendā€™s wife got up there. I had big plans, but she picked me up on her golf cart and there went the plans. She persuaded me to go with her to pick up her hubby. The deal was they had to take me to the bottle show in Strongsville on Saturday. So because of all that, I ended up spending the night with hubby and 5 other guys here:

They all got up and went to their tournament. I was left all alone to explore the place. It was so cool! Thereā€™s a display case with old tools and supplies that a mortician would use and a morticianā€™s table used as a plant stand.
Went to the bottle show and bought me some goodies:

IMG_4079.jpeg

Hubby placed in his tournament and brought home another Happy Gilmore check. Now itā€™s back to the routine. šŸ„±

Good morning me hearties! Now that was a long weekend! It all started when hubby left last Tuesday for the lake. He picked up a friend along the way. I was left home alone so I spent some extra time with Dad. Got up bright and early and drove to the quarry and got 2 dives in. I swam through the school bus twice. I passed on the airplane and tires. Then I went to an antique mall and that took about an hour and a half to walk through. Didnā€™t buy anything. Got to the camper late and crashed. No refrigerator disaster. We have not been there for 5-6 weeks and there were lots of severe storms during our absence. The friendā€™s wife got up there. I had big plans, but she picked me up on her golf cart and there went the plans. She persuaded me to go with her to pick up her hubby. The deal was they had to take me to the bottle show in Strongsville on Saturday. So because of all that, I ended up spending the night with hubby and 5 other guys here:

They all got up and went to their tournament. I was left all alone to explore the place. It was so cool! Thereā€™s a display case with old tools and supplies that a mortician would use and a morticianā€™s table used as a plant stand.

View attachment 2103471

Hubby placed in his tournament and brought home another Happy Gilmore check. Now itā€™s back to the routine. šŸ„±
Nice looking glass you picked up WD.
Liking the amber, is the rolling pin glass also?

Congratulations to the Mr WD for placing and bringing home a reward.

Nice looking glass you picked up WD.
Liking the amber, is the rolling pin glass also?

Congratulations to the Mr WD for placing and bringing home a reward.
Thanks. I usually walk all the way through and keep in mind the pieces that are speaking to me.
1693911501282.gif

I got to the last row and caved on the amber apothecary jar. Then the guy showed me the cobalt blue one and, yes, I had to have that one. $50.00. The little shoe polish, well, honestly felt generous to the poor lady who looked so bored. $2.00. The rolling pin, Iā€™ve been wanting for a long while. $30.00. Iā€™m suspicious of this one now that I have inspected it closely. I think itā€™s a repaired piece with the wood handles. Oh well, it still looks purty. I have very bad bartering skills.

Thanks. I usually walk all the way through and keep in mind the pieces that are speaking to me.
View attachment 2103477

I got to the last row and caved on the amber apothecary jar. Then the guy showed me the cobalt blue one and, yes, I had to have that one. $50.00. The little shoe polish, well, honestly felt generous to the poor lady who looked so bored. $2.00. The rolling pin, Iā€™ve been wanting for a long while. $30.00. Iā€™m suspicious of this one now that I have inspected it closely. I think itā€™s a repaired piece with the wood handles. Oh well, it still looks purty. I have very bad bartering skills.
Post some individual pictures of the rolling pin, and your thoughts on the repair parts that you suspect.
Yes sometimes pieces just speak to us and it's a pick me moment.

Bartering skills-oh it's a well kept secret WD, something that takes a tad length of time to ingrain in the brain.

Now I'll tell you what I'll give you $15.00 for the rolling pin because it's been repaired ok.......

Hollywood works in mysterious ways, and I've done very little to move the ball forward. But in an hour il be doing another big zoom meeting with the Hollywood crowd !! Apparently we have an approved budget to shoot a pilot episode!! So far I've done a sizzeler reel to shop the project around !! Now we have a bite, and we will shoot a pilot episode. I'll be filming from the 16th-20th !! It amazes me how many people are working to move this forward!! Im just the guy doing the actual hunting, and I was doing that anyway. It's been one year since I started this, and it was just supposed to be an episode of "Brave wilderness". Now it has morphed into a massive project !! Im still skeptical it will ever launch or be popular, but they keep paying me so .....onward and upward we go !! It seems the European crowd over in blossoms šŸŒø area really like there treasure and detecting!! Seems are budget comes from the London crowd at this point. We will see where it goes, and how much these guys believe in me.....its super hard to produce treasure on demand......miraculously on my last youtube collaboration I was able to get some gold for the camera !! It ain't always that easy !!

Morning

Hope you had a good Jeep ride and are getting along well with the leg getting stronger and all that good stuff.
Howdy pepper and thx for asking. Yes beautiful weather for the ride, always fun seeing new places. I've been starting to get around with just a cane and sometimes nothing at all, no pain šŸ™ but still dealing with swelling :BangHead:!!! I'm pushing myself to go back to work the 26th of this month, which the PT said is doable seeing how I just sit on my butt in an excavator :tongue3:

Howdy pepper and thx for asking. Yes beautiful weather for the ride, always fun seeing new places. I've been starting to get around with just a cane and sometimes nothing at all, no pain šŸ™ but still dealing with swelling :BangHead:!!! I'm pushing myself to go back to work the 26th of this month, which the PT said is doable seeing how I just sit on my butt in an excavator :tongue3:
That's great to hear.
My chiropractor has a sign-keep active.
One thing I have always believed in-get hurt-keep at it no matter what.
Yesterday the Mrs caught a little sight-say what are you doing Pepper?
I'm going to hold that ladder...
Thanks but no thanks dear-I'm good...I actually tied the ladder to the tractor and put my safety in the hands of the 50 yr old gal.
20230904_102750.jpg

Fixing the chicken's fencing after the tree crashed over it.
My 2 black beauties keep flying over it seems.
20230904_140209.jpg

View attachment 2103471

Rental house is a yuuuuk.
Looks like either the pool table or bathtubs to clean fish. No water by the pool table in reach though..

IF you spot a wire handled brush in a bottle it could be a "torch" for preheating old white gas pressure lamps and lanterns . (Kerosene use a preheater cup instead on most.)
The generator tube needed to be hot for liquid to become a vapor when mixed with air.
(Alcohol used in bottle to wet brush.)

R.be64a8fe82c473ca83e1940ac26896ad

Hollywood works in mysterious ways, and I've done very little to move the ball forward. But in an hour il be doing another big zoom meeting with the Hollywood crowd !! Apparently we have an approved budget to shoot a pilot episode!! So far I've done a sizzeler reel to shop the project around !! Now we have a bite, and we will shoot a pilot episode. I'll be filming from the 16th-20th !! It amazes me how many people are working to move this forward!! Im just the guy doing the actual hunting, and I was doing that anyway. It's been one year since I started this, and it was just supposed to be an episode of "Brave wilderness". Now it has morphed into a massive project !! Im still skeptical it will ever launch or be popular, but they keep paying me so .....onward and upward we go !! It seems the European crowd over in blossoms šŸŒø area really like there treasure and detecting!! Seems are budget comes from the London crowd at this point. We will see where it goes, and how much these guys believe in me.....its super hard to produce treasure on demand......miraculously on my last youtube collaboration I was able to get some gold for the camera !! It ain't always that easy !!
Been nice knowin ya online Bart. L.o.l...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back