THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 2099992Got a full face mask today. Everybody was using them at the springs this summer so I thought I'd give it a try!
I use one most times now !! For many reasons.....traditional mask forgoing deeper than 6 feet !! I just got a nice ring today with it !!
20230818_193103.jpg

Them prongs sure want me to think the stone is worth holding onto.... But they add weight regardless!

Eyeballed a trio of clear (?) white stones in a Micky shaped (two small on sides of one larger) ear ring yesterday.
Didn't study it for stone quality or gold very hard before leaving it in the truck. didn't trigger any alarm though.
No diamond tester or acid anyways!
Should squint at it next time though , just in case.

Another quiet day aboard the TreasureNet ship.
View attachment 2100012
Well say something, fill in the blanks.
Share something like what's happening.
I have known you for a few years now.
Every year you seem to get out of Dodge so to speak, when the storm is a knocking.
Yet it has followed you at times.
So the Pepper has researched the problem and has come up with a solution.
The ARC MOBILE.
2caecb7e71187304.jpg

Well yesterday I managed to work on the new (used)wood chipper.
Heavier (grade)shear bolt. Greased, longer PTO shaft, honed the knives, and tested it out.

The old gal just had a tad setback. Looked at her knock knee'd look.
Not a good image (kind of reminds me of a cousin that I have. 🤣
20230816_124130.jpg

So I took the tire off and its not going well.
20230817_174724.jpg

Took the hub off the other night, and the outer bearing was totally mashed.
Just the race & inner spool left.
Went over to my buddy's shop, 8 boxes of bearings later, nothing.
He went to the tractor supplier no bearing to be had.
So I will try another tractor supplier this am.
If no bearing I'll have to go looking for a dead scrapper in the world.
Woke up to rain, what a pain.
Was thinking/planning of playing today.
(No grumbling from the Mrs)
I guess my brownie point count must be upper there.😁
So where do I get my feet wet?
Might venture over to a double permission to see if anything has been cut/harvested yet.
Choice of 7 cellar holes, hay/crop/bush/pasture.
Beat to death from yrs of digging, but it beats working on the chore list.

Last edited:
Them prongs sure want me to think the stone is worth holding onto.... But they add weight regardless!

Eyeballed a trio of clear (?) white stones in a Micky shaped (two small on sides of one larger) ear ring yesterday.
Didn't study it for stone quality or gold very hard before leaving it in the truck. didn't trigger any alarm though.
No diamond tester or acid anyways!
Should squint at it next time though , just in case.
I can't figure that stone out. If it's a ruby it not great quality, but would be natural. I thought it might be coler shift alexandrite.....but its not that either. Maybe it's a rhodalite garnet ? 2 more grams of gold though.....that brings my total up 60 grams since June 3rd !! A little short of last season, and im not finding the big man golds. Still not shabby 🫡🫡

I can't figure that stone out. If it's a ruby it not great quality, but would be natural. I thought it might be coler shift alexandrite.....but its not that either. Maybe it's a rhodalite garnet ? 2 more grams of gold though.....that brings my total up 60 grams since June 3rd !! A little short of last season, and im not finding the big man golds. Still not shabby 🫡🫡
I'm going to say that the photos are touch blurry when enlarged so the definition of the stone is a little hard to read.
So back to the darkroom sir-please-if time allows a crystal clear photo.
Sweet looking ring though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back