THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning ship mates xx hope you are all set for a steady Friday! Xx

well I’m sure you are all agog to know how the birthday went…. It’s fair to stay himself was speechless when he saw his birthday package….. 😂😂 xx

…. and of course here are the results of our Trip to the field that was a bog and is now an ankle breaking rock hard landscape … the sun has dried it so much, we have to use our shovel handles to break open the clods to retrieve the targets 😅 xx

Last edited:
20230811_064902.jpg

cuban link.....20 grams !! 18k

Last edited:
20230811_071605.jpg

The box lock was open, but intact. That means that it came un clasped while playing in the sand....totally good chain...I wore it all day underwater while I hunted. Made alot of new friends yesterday, and cut the day short to have beers with a very friendly and cool group of Cubans. One of them was a treasure enthusiast, and we hit it off immediately. He relayed to me a story of 2 mysterious men that he witnessed digging treasure coins along US1. He said he watched them pick up hundreds of coins, and they were digging under the counties back hoe. He said he watched from across the street from a condo balcony across the street, and said these guys were digging from dawn till dusk everyday for 3 days.....I waited patiently for him to finish, and then said " I know that story because it was me !! Earlier in the day I hung on one of our families boats that showed up with all my inlaws on board...got some free beers there too !! I talked with many people during the day, and there was probably 30+ boats at the beach yesterday. Got a silver star of David, and other assorted silver jewelry. Absolutely beautiful day out there.

Congrats on the gold Bart!
You just got a bracelet = paid detector type find. :headbang::occasion14:
This particular machine has been incredible, and the first target underwater was a 19 gram platinum ring. It's found alot of gold already, and a nice piece of eight !! I've only had it since late April!!
20230527_185454.jpg
20230722_123038.jpg
20230712_090054.jpg
20230811_071605.jpg

I could throw it away, and it would not be a loss at this point. The only thing I do to these machines is rinse them in fresh water. They are disposable tools to me once they are paid for. Just like a hammer. I don't even disconnect the cables to clean or oil anything. I've found through trial and error that it makes no sense to take care of them anymore than a rinse off.....all the problems that I have had with the eqx line had nothing to do with the way I cared for them. It takes many years for cables to rot, and connections to corrode. I ware these machines out in about 3 years.....same as warranty !! Fixing up all my old eqx 600s now for backup, and loaning out to friends !!
20230424_181508.jpg

Now this is a Cuban link that you would probably have to change the shorts if you fanned it :headbang:
Watched this jeweller making this 2kg chain, pretty interesting process actually.
View attachment 2098681

Ok pepper....a friend of mine has a 1 kilo chain !! He lost a 4 Oz chain with atocha coin in the bay while jet skiing. When he has gold he has it melted into a link, and adds it to the chain.....there are several top grade jewelers in Miami that make these. Still waiting for the iced up kilo of gold cuban link.....I keep believing it'll happen one day !! I have been able to talk with these jewelers, and several follow me on instagram.....the big return I made last summer of the hip hop charm has brought me in contact with the whole crowd, and I get inside info of big lost gold when the jewelers here about it. I'm trying to collaborate with "Uverly" on my next coin mount. Might trade them a coin for diamonds, and send them the gold to mount a coin for me. We are working on the details now, and I've picked the next coin for mounting !!
16917551774855348356431393263055.jpg
16917552103004265204739677341277.jpg

My hurricane irma find !! Would sure look nice with a bezel, and some vs-1 diamonds crusted all over the gold bezel !!

How would you feel if you got this for your 57th birthday 😂😂😂…. 🤔… have i gone too far….😂 xx

View attachment 2098540
I hope that he liked his gifts and cake.
Certainly just spending time with you digging would of been enough.
Now there is time old tradition that himself might not have heard of as yet.
All gift giving is to be returned two fold.
So you can expect twice as many hours digging, twice as many gifts, and 2 cakes(or 1 just twice the size)

Just another helpful hint from the 🌶.

Now I keep looking at this picture and so many little thoughts pop into the mind.
Cool, different, mug ugly, eccentric, wtf, really, not my taste in colors 😳, wow, too much time on their hands, one of a kind.

Then if the ride was stolen.
"What is the description of your car?"🤣
989d8c8f3da3cfdc.jpeg

I hope that he liked his gifts and cake.
Certainly just spending time with you digging would of been enough.
Now there is time old tradition that himself might not have heard of as yet.
All gift giving is to be returned two fold.
So you can expect twice as many hours digging, twice as many gifts, and 2 cakes(or 1 just twice the size)

Just another helpful hint from the 🌶.
Its been said many time Peps… you are wise beyond your years… 😍 xx

He loved all of his gifts… card.. wrapping paper and cake… im very lucky he knows to expect the unexpected.. but i think the pen/ruler gadget blew his mind….😂😂 … he said wow.. did u get that from a metal detecting web site (once i had explained its purpose) no i said… the back to school range from the local sainsburys 😂😂 xx.

Now I keep looking at this picture and so many little thoughts pop into the mind.
Cool, different, mug ugly, eccentric, wtf, really, not my taste in colors 😳, wow, too much time on their hands, one of a kind.

Then if the ride was stolen.
"What is the description of your car?"🤣View attachment 2098692
Pimped out in a gold custom bra and covers. Ya can't miss it!

Mornin all!
28 minutes till noon here.
Hit and miss rain on and off "scheduled" for today.

I hit the hunting property yesterday.
Found cattle sign. A squishy type and a track.
No note to say anyone was looking for it/them.
I didn't encounter any cows but they're kinda big for me to get on the trailer. Even with the tractor.
Or I could go freezer shopping after.

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back