THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm thinking that the $41K for 2.7 lbs is a wholesale price quote.
Unless the grey matter cells are off in the math and I need another :coffee2:
This is my thoughts on it
2.7 lbs = 1225 grams = $33.47 per gram
Just thinking no wonder there's a drug problem in this world.
Street prices

Kilos of cocaine (1,000 grams) increase in price as they are processed, adulterated with cutting agents, and cut into grams. When cocaine arrives in the U.S, “it’s worth about $20,000 per kilo.” “By the time it makes it to dealers, it’s worth maybe more like $70,000, $80,000.” When it retails it’s “worth more like $150,000 per kilo.

Must of been a thought or two, do I hand it over-do I buy a new toy.

Hey Peps!! Ha… yes the earth in these parts gives us so much 😍 xx How are you doing? Aches nd pains on the mend i hope?! 🤗
Thanks for asking blossom
I know that I'm alive when I do certain things :laughing7:
Kind of doing the Herman the monster head turns still it seems. (whiplash type of thing)
Though I commented to the Mrs (she's still not overly impressed by my antics) that my knee was starting to get itchy. :hello2:
Been a week now, and this morning is a whole lot better than it was a week ago.

I'm thinking that the $41K for 2.7 lbs is a wholesale price quote.
Unless the grey matter cells are off in the math and I need another :coffee2:
This is my thoughts on it
2.7 lbs = 1225 grams = $33.47 per gram
Just thinking no wonder there's a drug problem in this world. it is
Street prices

Kilos of cocaine (1,000 grams) increase in price as they are processed, adulterated with cutting agents, and cut into grams. When cocaine arrives in the U.S, “it’s worth about $20,000 per kilo.” “By the time it makes it to dealers, it’s worth maybe more like $70,000, $80,000.” When it retails it’s “worth more like $150,000 per kilo.

Must of been a thought or two, do I hand it over-do I buy a new toy.
Your math is skewed... starting with the 2.7 #....
For... it is 2.2 #.

Your math is skewed... starting with the 2.7 #....
For... it is 2.2 #.
Oh Captain oh captain I do have no such skewed up mess.
It is you that hasn't read the math or had an eye opening :coffee2:
Please read slowiy the following, let the caffeine slowly wake the grey matter up.
Yes the Pepper is right in say what he figured 2.7 pounds
Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 8.39.18 AM.png

Though your absolutely correct in the 2.2 # as well
I ?? the 2.7 # and checked again
Error in printing the article, scale error, water in the product?
Certainly not on the sellers end
But maybe there's a scam going on-the packaging dept added the extra .5 then got a kick back from the purchasing end.
(silly thought as that would be the end of them if caught)

Please read slowiy the following, let the caffeine slowly wake the grey matter up.
Yes the Pepper is right in say what he figured 2.7 pounds View attachment 2096793
But maybe there's a scam going on-the packaging dept added the extra .5 then got a kick back from the purchasing end.
The fish is always bigger every time the story is told.

:)

20230731_084913.jpg

Going into pre finish. I've been given the ok to post !! Its been a nice project in the evenings, and the cabinet base is almost done also. It's a great pith slab, and is a good example of what native wild cuban mahogany looks like. 99% of commercially available mahogany comes from Honduras. It is called macrophila mahogany, or Honduran mahogany. A very small percentage is the 4X better swetinia mahogany or cuban mahogany. It is known for its superior tone qualities in musical instrument building. And its smooth and buttery working qualities in furniture building. It is the wood of the "mahogany age" when so many masterpieces of furniture were created from it. It was put on the endangered species list in 1911 !! Keylargo material is known for its distinctive fire and flame grain appearance and incredible figuring. It's not uncommon to have flame, fiddle back, Birdseye, and feather type figuring all in one piece !! There really isn't alot of flame cuban mahogany out there.....its an exotic wood for sure !! We are one of a very few able to harvest large timbers of this type !! .

Wasn't expecting it sounded like foil really scratchy and ugly. Numbers were 70s like foil as well.
What?
Gold?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You? !!!!
Just step out back and BAM! Gold! You?
Amazing! Congrats! This has been on the wait list!

Bored.
Was that a slouched ho hum bored dragging step across the door threshold into the yard?
Or a slow deliberate and confident saunter of a leg swing one afore the other purpose driven task to perform step sorts?
Perhaps chin forward in a gaunt , determined kind of assault minded approach?

Just.... Go out back and dig gold...C'mon man I know it's California and all but , What?
(Let me know if I'm bugging you too much.) :laughing7:

Last edited:
Yes the Pepper is right in say what he figured 2.7 pounds View attachment 2096793

I agree. Mostly.
Multiple problems in this right from the start.
2.7 lbs. Brick.
Florida Keys.
Kilo =2.2046blahblahblah.

Who's packing 2.7 lbs?
And considering usual "authorities" and thier fascination in weights and volumes and estimated street values (And where are these optimistic bean counters when I'm selling a tired vehicle or something?)are involved , who knows what the stuff they are playing with is worth.
Heck if it's sea water infused for the overweight (beyond kilo) then how does it have such value?
Sellers would be dousing or soaking product in seawater.

The good Samaritan might have recognized the brick being soured.
Or not. Without being there.. Or on camera. So far a single off-weight brick is the sum.
There's a heck of a lot of story missing in the report.

You made that happen.....your determination paid off....thats what it takes !! Lots of times it's slow for me I have to just keep digging. I know the gold is out there, I just have to keep going till I get it. Nice gold for your efforts....congrats John !! You deserved that one !!
Thank you I'm overly determined lol. Spent like hours in 101 degree heat at a school only to find junk. Was very frustrating. I tend to be super stubborn. Still all these years never found anything significant but not giving in

What?
Gold?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You? !!!!
Just step out back and BAM! Gold! You?
Amazing! Congrats! This has been on the wait list!

Bored.
Was that a slouched ho hum bored dragging step across the door threshold into the yard?
Or a slow deliberate and confident saunter of a leg swing one afore the other purpose driven task to perform step sorts?
Perhaps chin forward in a gaunt , determined kind of assault minded approach?

Just.... Go out back and dig gold...C'mon man I know it's California and all but , What?
(Let me know if I'm bugging you too much.) :laughing7:
Lol it was a I'm bored I've got nothing to do so I'm just going to dig around knowing I'll just be cleaning up trash. I'd gone over that little backyard quite well just somehow missed the ring. I clear the yards at the house till there no high or mid tones left.

3 and a half hours at a school and another failure of a search. Tons of can pieces and pull tabs. A few nickels. Then all this junk jewelry.
All depends on one's definition of "failure".

Saturday at the island presented quite the mixed bag. I didn’t take pics of the nine beer cans that made my headphones nearly jump off my head when I swung over them.
Thieve are pics of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Attachments

• FAE63C61-D7A1-4B2C-A1D6-C5A8F4966E80.jpeg
    FAE63C61-D7A1-4B2C-A1D6-C5A8F4966E80.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 1B939C6A-C388-4E82-8AD1-5D01BBBB1E6C.jpeg
    1B939C6A-C388-4E82-8AD1-5D01BBBB1E6C.jpeg
    894.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 87E971A2-97DB-4843-B30B-FF1B85A02DE5.jpeg
    87E971A2-97DB-4843-B30B-FF1B85A02DE5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • ECB71132-E888-4BE2-B130-5D6996ECAA3B.jpeg
    ECB71132-E888-4BE2-B130-5D6996ECAA3B.jpeg