THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

@releventchair I'm searching hard for my source info.....not sure where it went, but the buccaneers were selling to the merchants of the north east at this time, and smuggling was rampant. Apparently they were attempting to set up a base here.....this was more common in northeast to the carolinas. often these pirates were aided by the wealthy merchants ready to buy the pirate goods at half rate !! Boston, New york, Connecticut, Philadelphia, were all popular areas for the buccaneers to dump there wares, spend there money, refit there boats, and possibly settle down and retire.
Maybe it's my region....Dutch history was thin gravy back when I was into living history shoots.
But club butt fowlers were found in my research back then.

The recently looked over nutmeg wars reading led to the treaty of Breda (1667) giving Manhattan to the British. A relinquishing claim to New Amsterdam supposedly. Though the British likely would have possessed it by force anyways.
(The British did want sugar producing land in South America instead; but the Dutch wouldn't go for it. Suriname was Dutch after all! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname

Yet the 1674 treaty of Westminster is supposed to have traded Manhattan for Run island (a nutmeg island) in the Banda's. Britain having been occupying (illegally) Manhattan since 1664.
Didn't Breda do that prior though?
Ahh. History...

Maybe it's my region....Dutch history was thin gravy back when I was into living history shoots.
But club butt fowlers were found in my research back then.

The recently looked over nutmeg wars reading led to the treaty of Breda (1667) giving Manhattan to the British. A relinquishing claim to New Amsterdam supposedly. Though the British likely would have possessed it by force anyways.
(The British did want sugar producing land in South America instead; but the Dutch wouldn't go for it. Suriname was Dutch after all! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname

Yet the 1674 treaty of Westminster is supposed to have traded Manhattan for Run island (a nutmeg island) in the Banda's. Britain having been occupying (illegally) Manhattan since 1664.
Didn't Breda do that prior though?
Ahh. History...
What a gorgeous gun !!

What a gorgeous gun !!
I have a Tulle fusil de chase I should get pics of sometime.
This pic is similar , the butt compared to the Dutch club is notable.
They were both still cheap but functional , and smoothbores. Well suited for trade goods. At least among friendly folks. A tentative and sometimes changing deal /peace of sorts...

R.e388be7d9a34c327181bd5f9ed22f920

I set out determined not to dig up the obvious rusty crap signals. I made my way up the hill with nothing but 20-38 . I said, “ Come on, Rookster, give me a little help here.” I walked over to some foundation rocks and got some bouncy signals. Rust numbers but also a 70’s. Lo and behold a little button popped out. “Thank you, Rook!” I love it! It’s my best find tonight.

45FAE08D-ADAE-46A4-9004-A76D11C70CC1.jpeg

I found the piece of comb interesting. 🤔

CA08F1A0-DF36-4BE0-89C9-3E36DF24DD4C.jpeg

Whatever is living in the ruins, re-dug an entrance and made some new ones and gave me some glass.

AB57C269-B58F-4DC9-9077-49951445D73D.jpeg

4913C81C-B933-4741-ACA0-6FA6F32B1E72.jpeg

And left some scat.

E2429EA5-2A52-43A0-8163-14754D16238B.jpeg

Good therapy. 🙃

Good morning! Getting ready to drive over to the Treasure Coast. Hopefully, sift for emeralds today if not too wet. Dinner at Capt. Hiram's. Tomorrow going to hang out with the pirates at the Treasure Hunter's Cookout in Wabasso, then more MDing Sunday!!
Good morning, GCP! Man, that sounds like a lot of fun! I hope to make that cookout someday. Happy hunting and bring us back some rum at least.

Good morning! Getting ready to drive over to the Treasure Coast. Hopefully, sift for emeralds today if not too wet. Dinner at Capt. Hiram's. Tomorrow going to hang out with the pirates at the Treasure Hunter's Cookout in Wabasso, then more MDing Sunday!!
Take lots of pictures for those of us that cannot attend... if ya can

The “Need to know “ about groundhog poop.
“One noteworthy point about groundhog poop is that it is only in cases of infection that one can find these poops easily. What does that mean? Rabies is an infection that affects groundhogs and their metabolic behavior. If this clean animal should get infected with rabies, they become erratic. They tend to dispose of their metabolic waste anywhere and everywhere.

If you find groundhog poop frequently on your farm, this animal may suffer from rabies. However, this particular situation presents no cause for concern. Rabies cannot travel through contact with excrement.

However, this is not the real danger. The actual threat is a disease known as tularemia. The name might sound amusing, but the effect of this disease is everything but funny. It is a transmittable disease that affects the skin, lungs, eyes, and other significant parts of the body. This disease can lead to coughing, difficulty in breathing, and chest discomfort. In severe cases, it leads to skin ulcers.

With groundhog poop, there is good news and bad news. The bad news is that this disease can be fatal if not readily treated. While the good news is that tularemia is the only disease that humans can get from contact with groundhogs droppings. What’s more? It is infectious but not contagious. This statement means that while it can travel from groundhog waste to humans, it cannot travel from one human to another. “

The “Need to know” about tularemia.

Thank you all so much. It means a lot. 🥰

Bamasteve, I think we were in your area. He was flown by helicopter to the Deaconess Gateway Hospital and we stayed at the Drury until Saturday. I was thinking,” I wish this was different circumstances,” while we were there.
If y’all were down around Evansville you were close by.

Lots of seaweed on the beaches right now.
Hopefully it will be ok where you go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back