THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

This is going to sound weak I imagine, but I have learned that if you need help, you gotta be honest.
I have a tremendous fear of ladders that I haven't been able to overcome since the last time I was on a ladder 42 years ago!
First time on a ladder, helping pops fix the roof on the house.
When I tried following my dad down the ladder, my foot went between the rungs and being the giant I am and was then, my weight fell down and backwards as that leg stuck through the rung.
Me and ladder crashed to the ground flattening dad who saved my life.
It was a twenty three foot fall.
I NEED to go up that ladder, I just can't!
Terrified isn't a strong enough word!

Sumpin goin on nearby.

Which reminds me..
Trespass , posting land , boundaries , surveys ect..
Tough state to try to enforce property rights regarding trespass.
And you have to be willing to prosecute to set an example AFTER you have every duck in a row.
But , the D.N.R. and local Sherriff , D.A. ect. know that voters are affected.

I have 1/2 of one no trespassing sign visible. (Hello tractor! l.o.l.).
The others are hidden by growth now.
But I've never posted it properly.
I did as with all have it surveyed. Yes borders can still be argued. But I have evidence of where mine are.
The drive is posted as far as I'm concerned. And I'll add a couple whole signs.
But the locals know it's not public. There's no near public to confuse it with either.
Our place borders 33,000 acres of State forest.
No lines in the woods.
I followed DNR guidelines for posting signs which is very aggressive IMHO.
People around here couldn't possibly care less about those signs.
There is a homeless encampment up in the forest about a mile and a half in.
Entitled to everything is their way of life.
The DNR won't go up in there!
If I can trade or something to get a dozer out here, ill push up a twenty foot bern between us and the highway.
I've made a partial natural fence using tornado removed trees and branches.
It works good on keeping out quads and 4x4 redneck rampagers..
Which is a thing around here.

This is going to sound weak I imagine, but I have learned that if you need help, you gotta be honest.
I have a tremendous fear of ladders that I haven't been able to overcome since the last time I was on a ladder 42 years ago!
First time on a ladder, helping pops fix the roof on the house.
When I tried following my dad down the ladder, my foot went between the rungs and being the giant I am and was then, my weight fell down and backwards as that leg stuck through the rung.
Me and ladder crashed to the ground flattening dad who saved my life.
It was a twenty three foot fall.
I NEED to go up that ladder, I just can't!
Terrified isn't a strong enough word!

Three point rule. Only one hand or foot not in secure contact at at time.
Navel not to go above top of ladder.

I used to climb vertical round rung ladders at work.
One with a case of grease in one hand by climbing one handed.
Now I climb one legged since losing a leg.

I've rode a couple down. Not in a long time though.
Just use it as designed. Your foot isn't going to go between /through rungs again unless you put it there.

On a crane one time I asked a co-worker how far it was to the distant floor.
He answered , if you fall , it won't matter.

Fricking storm developing fast!
Wow.
In two minutes.
Screenshot_20220610-135314.png

some results from my"how old are you"thread--hit 1000 views at the 48 hour mark-40 replies with 31 giving a number and 9 not a number--the ages ranged from 20 to 80-most were in their 60s with 61 being the median age of those giving a number-- the non numbers included -past when many people are pushing up daisies-too old to cut the mustard-older than dirt-too young to die-upper holocene-old enough to watch i love lucy and the honeymooners-old hippie-no longer politically correct-over 50-----

some results from my"how old are you"thread--hit 1000 views at the 48 hour mark-40 replies with 31 giving a number and 9 not a number--the ages ranged from 20 to 80-most were in their 60s with 61 being the median age of those giving a number-- the non numbers included -past when many people are pushing up daisies-too old to cut the mustard-older than dirt-too young to die-upper holocene-old enough to watch i love lucy and the honeymooners-old hippie-no longer politically correct-over 50-----
Median here.:hello:

Found some interesting stuff while helping my family organize my house they appear to not care about the older stuff and I know my grandma had stuff from her parents so I take anything I think may be old. I'm almost positive the plain gray pottery thing has age to it no idea what it is, and the other thing not so sure if it's old but snagged it up just in case. If anyone know what the plain looking thing is/was let me know please.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1275376376.jpg
    Snapchat-1275376376.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Snapchat-1341937008.jpg
    Snapchat-1341937008.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Snapchat-2022972588.jpg
    Snapchat-2022972588.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Snapchat-1336088328.jpg
    Snapchat-1336088328.jpg