THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Great morning all as always wishing everyone a wonderful and amazing day. I hope everyone is doing good today.
Mornin JVA!

Good here.
Have a bright day yourself.

We planted a roughly 6'x4' raised bed garden yesterday out the front door.
Peas carrots turnips , two types of beans and squash.
I'll train the squash's's out two sides if all goes well.
Corn beyond the bed on the North side.

Time will tell.
Better growing medium than last year. IF my compost is not too hot. Looks good though.
(There was mint and some other greens in the heavy soil I mixed it with.)

Mornin JVA!

Good here.

Time will tell.
Better growing medium than last year. IF my compost is not too hot. Looks good though.
That's always nice yard work always is very rewarding and having a garden. I didn't do too much vegetable planting this year as this won't be my home much longer so didn't want to get too invested in anything. Potted some tomatos, zucchini, cucumbers, grew a bunch of radish and been harvesting those, carrots, and have kept my herb garden going.

Not too bad.
Thanks for asking.
How's life out your way ?
I'm alright so far just starting my day I'll see how things go not too much too do and by myself both things not good for one that suffers with generalized anxiety disorder. Being stagnate and alone leaves the generalized anxiety disorder too much space to take over

I am wishing I knew someone around here that liked to metal detect. I don't drive so I've dried up my places in walking distance. If I knew someone that liked to metal detect I'd let someone use my AT Pro and pointer along with extra gear in exchange for finding place to detect. I've been itching for new area been a long time since I've found anything good(good for me is like rings even junk ones, semi old coins, cool relics and such). At this point I'll never reach my goal of making at least one banner. I'm stubborn I want to achieve it so I won't give up but not looking good at this time lol

I'm alright so far just starting my day I'll see how things go not too much too do and by myself both things not good for one that suffers with generalized anxiety disorder. Being stagnate and alone leaves the generalized anxiety disorder too much space to take over
Story of my life, remembering to do stuff so I stop thinking/worrying about inconsequential things.
You can come help me.
I've got plenty of open space.
All TNetters are welcome here*

*except for that whack backwoodsblob and others like him.

I am wishing I knew someone around here that liked to metal detect. I don't drive so I've dried up my places in walking distance. If I knew someone that liked to metal detect I'd let someone use my AT Pro and pointer along with extra gear in exchange for finding place to detect. I've been itching for new area been a long time since I've found anything good(good for me is like rings even junk ones, semi old coins, cool relics and such). At this point I'll never reach my goal of making at least one banner. I'm stubborn I want to achieve it so I won't give up but not looking good at this time lol
Heh, if it matters, I have been on TNet since 98', I've never earned a banner even though some of my finds were banner worthy.
I never fit the clique.

Heh, if it matters, I have been on TNet since 98', I've never earned a banner even though some of my finds were banner worthy.
I never fit the clique.
I hope you manage to make a banner. It's just a silly goal of mine. Not so easy in California. My pops while working at Foster Farms had noticed where they brought in some gravel in thing shining on the ground ignored it a couple days. Then one day decided to check it out. Turns out it was a 5 dollar gold coin. My old man was lucky lol. I wish a metal detector can't even come close to that lol.

I hope you manage to make a banner. It's just a silly goal of mine. Not so easy in California. My pops while working at Foster Farms had noticed where they brought in some gravel in thing shining on the ground ignored it a couple days. Then one day decided to check it out. Turns out it was a 5 dollar gold coin. My old man was lucky lol. I wish a metal detector can't even come close to that lol.
Though I did take my metal detector to that area and find a silver mercury dime. Wish I knew where that gravel came from and where the rest was spread I have a feeling someone's coin stash had been hidden wherever that stuff came from but it's been many many years

Some of my most valuable finds over the years have been eyeballed.
I've only found one gold coin and that was attached to a necklace that I was asked to find.
Sandman almost found it before I did.
He was a member on here, but is sadly passed on now to the great big beach in the sky, hopefully finding lots of peace!

Some of my most valuable finds over the years have been eyeballed.
I've only found one gold coin and that was attached to a necklace that I was asked to find.
Sandman almost found it before I did.
He was a member on here, but is sadly passed on now to the great big beach in the sky, hopefully finding lots of peace!
I have a few okay things. 2 gold rings one with a small real diamond, a small gold nugget, a neat old I think early loyal order of the Moose belt buckle. I need to take it in to a lodge and see, a Chinese coin from the 1690s if I remember correctly, a few silver coins nothing super old or rare, and a civil war veterans fraternity medallion thingy(I ruined trying to clean should know not to try to clean anything brass or bronze it just never works out).

Though I did take my metal detector to that area and find a silver mercury dime. Wish I knew where that gravel came from and where the rest was spread I have a feeling someone's coin stash had been hidden wherever that stuff came from but it's been many many years
Here's a tip, if you have space to spare, go to whatever town is nearby and offer your land as a dump site for tear out dumps.
All of the dirt from all those street/sidewalk tear outs will be delivered right to you.
Big congratulations on the mercury dime.

Here's a tip, if you have space to spare, go to whatever town is nearby and offer your land as a dump site for tear out dumps.
All of the dirt from all those street/sidewalk tear outs will be delivered right to you.
Big congratulations on the mercury dime.
Sad part is all my years of metal detecting and I've only found 1 USA coin from the 1800s and it's just a Indian head penny. I've had a hard time finding any good coins in California. I rarely ever find old coins here.

Good afternoon, JVA5th. I hope you are having a good day.
Thank you WD same to you. I'm doing alright having a day my anxiety is being funky so just makes me feel off and not the beat but otherwise I'm alright.

Mornin JVA!

Good here.

Time will tell.
Good afternoon, releventchair. Guess what? Guess what? Guess what? I was successful in getting potatoes to grow this year. :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back