THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Kind of a reversal pattern.
Where instead of getting buried here while less snow falls South , I have about an inch and a half here. And Southern part of the state is getting spanked.
Tonight/tomorrow it should stay S.E. of me as it heads East.
We’re just blowing away here, in Southern Cali. My lungs have not recovered fully yet and this wind is kicking my ass!

One of my Grandson,s schoolmates was tested positive a week ago,My Grandson was home all last week isolating and not a sign of even a cold. The wife,daughter and I are all OK,no symptoms, again not even a cold.We,ve all been vaxed,boosted,and flued,so. My sister in San Francisco tested positive and so far has mild symptoms,she was fully vaxed and boosted.My wife,s uncle is positive,no vax, very mild symptoms,so go figure.Earlier,I lost a 1st cousin to the original Covid,40ish,strapping young man,all vaxed up too,again,go figure! His Mom and Dad were exposed the same time and had mild symptoms, they,re both 70,fair health,somewhat over weight.This thing just doesn,t have any rhyme or reason. A very good friend lost his wife to the original too,before the vax. Very few who haven,t been affected one way or another. I sure would like to hear from rook and his wife,got me kind of spooked!
You have good reason to be spooked. I caught it and felt symptoms with just a few hours of being exposed. It’s crazy!

Omg, I’m cracking up!
Where are you from? I’ve gotten permission for a couple places here in Southern California
Eastern Ontario, 2 feet of snow, unless you like ice fishing, snow shoes, mittens, down coats, torque, marina wool everything this not the place to hunt.
Springtime, early summer I will give you another list of every blood sucking insect that is hungry after a long winter.
Nice place to visit though.
20210102_095101.jpg

It’s been raining here all day. It was supposed to switch to freezing rain/ice overnight, but the radar looks like we’re going to catch a break and switch right to snow. Snow forecast for all day tomorrow. Accumulation varies from 7-9” to 10-14”. We shall see, we shall see. My throat is scratchy and I have developed some phlegm cough and sneezing. Just great. 🤬 There has been a sinus infection virus going around. Next on the list I guess. Wish the Cap’n would have given our rations. I could have used it for, you know, medicinal purpose. 🙃 See you in the morning.

Eastern Ontario, 2 feet of snow, unless you like ice fishing, snow shoes, mittens, down coats, torque, marina wool everything this not the place to hunt.
Springtime, early summer I will give you another list of every blood sucking insect that is hungry after a long winter.
View attachment 2007539

Algoma was where as a teen I was taken for an extended outing where folks I knew moose hunted.
2.5 hrs. up the Prairie Bee river by four or five horse motor to first of two portages. The slow progress beat rowing though....
A lake we called Goldie was near where we camped for several days fishing.
Not sure if it's the same one called Gould only a couple dozen miles from Wawa. Sure seemed farther back then. l.o.l..

I returned years later to tent and fish on my own hook. Though not on the Prairie Bee.
Then later went West to greenstone Nipigon region for multiple trips with friends.

View attachment 2007539
Oh wow! That is so pretty! Lucky lucky lucky!

View attachment 2007539
Lol yeah maybe you should checkout some spots in this neck of the woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back