THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A few finds today. A messed up makeup tube, 2 common date wheat pennies, and a few small buttons.

Attachments

• 20220201_150302.jpg
    20220201_150302.jpg
    989.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220201_150337.jpg
    20220201_150337.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220201_150347.jpg
    20220201_150347.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 19
  • mir_20220201_150452.jpg
    mir_20220201_150452.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 23
A few finds today. A messed up makeup tube, 2 common date wheat pennies, and a few small buttons.
Must have been around an old home place. I found a similar lip stick tube a couple of years back.
Not the best of day but always a good day when digging. And you certainly did not get skunked. Good job.

Must have been around an old home place. I found a similar lip stick tube a couple of years back.
Not the best of day but always a good day when digging. And you certainly did not get skunked. Good job.
Yeah a 40 acre almond orchard that once has a house back in like 1908-1950some thing and a barn. No sign anything was ever there only reason I know is from old maps. I can go to this permission anytime I want so I'm always there when I'm bored. Cleaned it up pretty well so finds are getting harder to come by.

Yeah a 40 acre almond orchard that once has a house back in like 1908-1950some thing and a barn. No sign anything was ever there only reason I know is from old maps. I can go to this permission anytime I want so I'm always there when I'm bored. Cleaned it up pretty well so finds are getting harder to come by.
I have a site like that too. It has been beat to death but I have not been there in a few years. Think I will go back when I totally recover from covid. Lots of civil war relics from there. Was a place where camp looked over a bend in the river.

I have a site like that too. It has been beat to death but I have not been there in a few years. Think I will go back when I totally recover from covid. Lots of civil war relics from there. Was a place where camp looked over a bend in the river.
Oh rub it in that your state has civil war relics lol. Darned boring California and it not having as much history. Hope you recover fully from covid quickly so you can get out and about again.

Oh rub it in that your state has civil war relics lol. Darned boring California and it not having as much history. Hope you recover fully from covid quickly so you can get out and about again.
haha. You have all that sunshine and Gavin! And them Virginia, Georgia, and other southern boys have all the Civil War spots. I have to scrounge here. I was just fortunate to have key railroad bridge and some redoubts to work.

haha. You have all that sunshine and Gavin! And them Virginia, Georgia, and other southern boys have all the Civil War spots. I have to scrounge here. I was just fortunate to have key railroad bridge and some redoubts to work.
I in my little town compete with 2 older guys I always see them when I'm in town. Out in the country where I live though no one metal detects any site I can find and get permission is never touched. Though I often never feel comfortable to ask permission in a lot of places around here lol. I've found it hard to find good spots in town. Oh and regarding Gavin I wish to not be reminded that he exists here lol.

John, Heh at least you got out I've got like 6" or more snow on my lawn....I'd settle for some rusted bottle caps and pulltabs about now....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Lol that is true. Though I may trade for the better history less metal detecting time but much more history and chance of making more interesting finds.

Yest BUT you got the GOLD !:goldpan:

I in my little town compete with 2 older guys I always see them when I'm in town. Out in the country where I live though no one metal detects any site I can find and get permission is never touched. Though I often never feel comfortable to ask permission in a lot of places around here lol. I've found it hard to find good spots in town. Oh and regarding Gavin I wish to not be reminded that he exists here lol.
I used to be shy about asking permission, btu a great man once said, "You have nothing to fear but fear itself." Unless they have a gun.

Had an annual telephone check up with the doctor he was running 1 hour and 1/2 late. Turns out my electrolites are a bit low and the PSA results are a tad high also.

Heh at 72 I'll take it in any event he said no big deal and follow up 3 months later with blood test to see how things are going. I checked on line and walking helps keep your PSA in check if you're older. I guess being out of commission with the fall on the ice for about 1 month probably made the difference.

I used to be shy about asking permission, btu a great man once said, "You have nothing to fear but fear itself." Unless they have a gun.
Lol well people that live around here often aren't um hmm welcoming to strangers or speak Spanish which I do not lol. Always no trespassing signs and lots of fences.

Lol well people that live around here often aren't um hmm welcoming to strangers or speak Spanish which I do not lol. Always no trespassing signs and lots of fences.
Yep, different world out there. Different world. Beautiful world in country.

Yep, different world out there. Different world. Beautiful world in country.
Last time I tried to get a permission the lady had a get the hell out of here look at wasn't very friendly. I just was like alright thank you for your time have a nice day lol.

Last time I tried to get a permission the lady had a get the hell out of here look at wasn't very friendly. I just was like alright thank you for your time have a nice day lol.
You don't have like a digging knife or pick in your hand when you go to the door do you? That might put people off.

Flowers will get her smiling :)

You don't have like a digging knife or pick in your hand when you go to the door do you? That might put people off.
Lol no I don't I just come with the metal detector only to show that's what I do. Nothing that would sketch anyone out. Just have those unfriendly people around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back