THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Roger,
Sounds like quite the gold operation that guy has and a good paycheck are you looking for a 2nd career?
WD,
Good luck with the fishing derby.
For the last 6 weeks his crews have been clearing off 60 feet of overburden to get to some Big gold deposits that drillers say is down there, On something like a 40 acre patch . In labor & fuel he's spent 2 million so far just in overburden removal .

Good Morning Bart :hello:

Well hope everyone has a great day of Walking-Fishing-Hunting-Shopping-Cleaning-Exploring-Reading-Viewing-Digging-Watching-Cooking.
It don't matter as long as one gets a little pleasure out of the day.

Mornin all.

Made a run to pick up a Coleman 460Ghandy heat plant.
Around 24 pounds dry. 3 gallon fuel tank. 55,000 B.T.U..
They were used in vehicles (delivery type and larger transportation) and had multiple other uses.
The smaller model 457 was popular too.

I wanted the regulating knob on the side. It sits horizontal.
Complex design on the bottom. Often broke due to how to use them being violated. The stem below it often broke if abused and the knob disappeared.
And...I didn't have a heat drum thing this one has. It just sits on the burner.

This picture is not any of my units. Not sure it's an exact model match but certainly similar.
(Mine are rusty. And the one acquired yesterday is "Barn fresh". L.o.l..)

R (3).jpg

Here's a simple cucumber salad to try. We've got an eggplant that due to be used so eggplant parmesan along with the slow roasted tomatoes I made yesterday and the cucumber salad.

RC,

Good score on the heater is that to be used as backup in the house in case of a power failure?
We have "the" Generac standby generator for power outages.
Had an outage several hours the other day and I was savoring the amortization of hours. ....

I've been accumulating Coleman stoves and lanterns a while.
When I get older (l.o.l.) I'll work on more of them.( I still work on one now and then.)

The heat plant (s) will be for boiling with large pots and or cooking outdoors.
I don't brew beer but it would work for that.
Maybe a hunting blind if it gets bitter cold. Vs the catalytics.

Went for a hour stroll behind the barn, late this afternoon.
Grabbed a couple of green ones.
20211106_173034.jpg

1849 One Cent
20211106_172520.jpg

1814 Spread Eagle Half Token
Pretty good little itch scratches.
I'll probably clean them up when time allows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back