THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Trick or treat was and still is depressing. Got word that the little ones all had a fever and mom too. So, we went to my dad's for about 45 minutes. Not one beggar. Then we went to my daughter's. Not very many there, either. Got word this morn that my son has one of the kids at the hospital. Waiting on test results.

Trick or treat was and still is depressing. Got word that the little ones all had a fever and mom too. So, we went to my dad's for about 45 minutes. Not one beggar. Then we went to my daughter's. Not very many there, either. Got word this morn that my son has one of the kids at the hospital. Waiting on test results.
Hope all goes well with the tests, like a big negative result.

November 1st and just having a little look.:headbang::hello2::tongue3:
20211101_113440.jpg

Here's hoping it's minor.
Kids will need to see DR,s on occasion outside of regular stuff .

Good morning, releventchair. That is a weird song.
Weird? L.o.l..
Guess that's better than calling it psyche twisting...

When I cooked for a living it was common when things got crazy ; to sing.
Not sure if it was a waitress or myself first that sang a little of another Ives song , but she was amazed anyone else knew it.
(She may have described it as weird too...)
But she'd still sing it sometimes long after.

This one.

Boys and girls sometimes get the measles But in this song even a sow, Which is another name for a lady pig Took the measles too How do you think I begin in the world? I got me a sow and sev'ral other things; The sow took the measles and she died in the spring What do you think that I made of her hide? The very best saddle that you ever did ride; Saddle or bridle or any such a thing, The sow took the measles and she died in the spring What do you think that I made of her nose? The very best thimble that ever sewed clothes; Thimble or thread or any such thing, The sow took the measles and she died in the spring What do you think I made of her tail? The very best whup that ever sought sail; Whup or whup-socket, any such thing The sow took the measles and she died in the spring What do you think that I made of her feet? The very best pickles that you ever did eat; Pickles or glue or any such thing, The sow took the measles and she died in the spring
Songwriters: Hecky Krasnow

I just learned about a month ago that while posting on FB, if you want to tag someone that you needed to put the @ infront of their name. Now, I have been reading through the new upgrade thread and noticed they were using it also. I know those that hang out here, rarely miss a beat, but I am going to test it somewhere/someday. But for today, I need to go do something. CUL8R!

OK, I done went and screwed up all kinds of stuff I was previously proud that I figured out on my own. Well, I guess I will just continue to frighten all of you peeps.
Speaking of Ohio.... Akron to be precise.
German guy (Schumacher?) comes up with a way to steel cut oats in his mill. Flakes vs flour/mush.
An employee ( Heston , A Quaker I believe.) improved the method (cutting equipment) and by patenting it vs owner of the mills prior patent , had an edge on the owner.
Then transferred the patent to the owner.
Then...Started his own mill 16 miles away in Ravenna.
(Heston may be the guy who made a deal with God during an illness to help raise money for good. And would later donate much. (Tuberculosis was hard on his family.) Yet none known as going to Quakers directly.)

Steel cut oatmeal (flake type , not to be confused with Irish groats...) took off in popularity.
Rivalry followed of course greater than it was prior.
Volume of production followed expansions of capability, demand by consumers ,success in advertising and so on.
Attempted mergers , and what was denied for how long and how things ended up between the early miller/owner and his employee and others in the business......

The history behind Quaker oats is an interesting one In Ohio.

Somewhere , may be a building or something still with a very old Quaker oats add painted on it.

Last edited:
Ok wd I went there,, I don’t get it. What is it?
Just some psycho babble.
Speaking of Ohio.... Akron to be precise.
German guy (Schumacher?) comes up with a way to steel cut oats in his mill. Flakes vs flour/mush.
An employee ( Heston , A Quaker I believe.) improved the method (cutting equipment) and by patenting it vs owner of the mills prior patent , had an edge on the owner.
Then transferred the patent to the owner.
Then...Started his own mill 16 miles away in Ravenna.
(Heston may be the guy who made a deal with God during an illness to help raise money for good. And would later donate much. (Tuberculosis was hard on his family.) Yet none known as going to Quakers directly.)

Steel cut oatmeal (flake type , not to be confused with Irish groats...) took off in popularity.
Rivalry followed of course greater than it was prior.
Volume of production followed expansions of capability, demand by consumers ,success in advertising and so on.
Attempted mergers , and what was denied for how long and how things ended up between the early miller/owner and his employee and others in the business......

The history behind Quaker oats is an interesting one In Ohio.

Somewhere , may be a building or something still with a very old Quaker oats add painted on it.
I did not know Quaker Oats was from Ohio. What made you think about that?

Just some psycho babble.

I did not know Quaker Oats was from Ohio. What made you think about that?
You post from Ohio.
Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader this morning had an article about it.
Ohio +Ohio. = Ohio tripped in my memory I guess...

They're up to around 34 books. 15 million plus copies.
Good Christmas presents.
And part of my informal education...

You post from Ohio.
Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader this morning had an article about it.
Ohio +Ohio. = Ohio tripped in my memory I guess...

They're up to around 34 books. 15 million plus copies.
Good Christmas presents.
And part of my informal education...

never heard of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back