The Peralta Stones

Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
Heck down here they make the shoes out of rebar. Only silver has better traction on slick rock surfaces, but doesen't wear as well.
was
Lamar, during WW-2, the Pope told us that it was alright to eat meat on friday ??

Do Jose de La Mancha
Dear Real de Tayopa;
I honestly have no idea if meatless Fridays were suspended during WWII or not. I do know that we have maintained the tradition of meatless Fridays since my family first became Christianized, which has been for the better part of 1,000 years or longer. The tradition of meatless Friday goes all the way back to the Apostles and it is one of Roman Catholicism's oldest practices.

Granted, the Vatican II Council stated that another penitential practice in place of meatless Fridays is acceptable, however no such alternate practice has yet to be clearly defined, therefore traditional Roman Catholics take this as a sign that meatless Fridays are to remain in effect until further notice. Simply because *most* North American Roman Catholics have mistakenly assumed that the practice of meatless Fridays was ruled as null and void by the Vatican II Council in no way excuses our lack of adhering to our ancient traditions. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, at least not to Our Lord I should think.

Until the Vatican announces that meatless Fridays may be considered as obsolete or until they further define what a constitutes an alternate penitential practice, I shall continue to follow the meatless Friday rule.
Your friend;
LAMAR

always lost said:
it dose not defined a web site or its goal for making money or collecting members ..

Have no fear Bob. None of the Moderators (including myself) over there are financially compensated in any way, for their time or efforts.
We are not inspired by the number of members or advertisers. We don't even get so much as a pat on the back, when the numbers are good. Actually the forums over there are a very small piece of the website, and the forum moderators are a very small piece of the entire DUSA Staff.

We do it because we enjoy it, we enjoy being a part of it all, and can share some of the knowledge we have accumulated, with people who are in line to become the next generation of Coronado's Children.

When the numbers are good. The only thing it means to us, is that there is a good chance that there is enough money coming in to cover the overhead, and that the forums will remain open, without any of us having to dig into our own pockets to keep them going.

Best,

Jim

Hi All,

C.O Mitchell had a number of mining claims although they had nothing to do with the Peralta Stone Maps.

Take a look;

Attachments

• MO 6_Mitchell, CO_1964 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    MO 6_Mitchell, CO_1964 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 273
lamar said:

To close, I must now warn against the dangers of hypocrisy. It is a sin and it shows a decided lack of manners and breeding and as such, we must always be on guard against hypocrisy, lest we fall into that pit.
Your friend;

LAMAR

Dear Lamar... You dare to lecture us on the evils of hypocrisy?

The “Persona” as you call it, that you have assumed to operate under in this forum (By your own admission). Tends to take on a familiar tone at times. I do find it curious that nobody but Joe has come forward to vouch for your identity?

Sometimes subtle things can offer a reasonable explanation, for what appears to be a over reactions to otherwise minor issues.

This is not my forum, but if it were… I would definitely have you on my watch list, as someone who may be harboring some kind of hidden agenda, which might ultimately develop into something that would be detrimental to the discussions.

This is the risk one takes, when intentionally engaging in the practice of assuming a false “Persona” in a public forum.

Best,

Jim

Jim Hatt said:
Lamar.

My only reason for coming to T-Net, is to dispel wild theories about the stone maps and what is written on them. If you take this as a personal attack on you, so be it. But was not my intention and I have no control over how you perceive things.

If someone (anyone) challenges the authenticity of the stone maps, based on nothing but their knee jerk reaction to words and symbols engraved on them. I remind them of the following:

The only way to “gauge” the validity of any map is to have some parallel information to compare it to.

One way would be to compare it to a proven map of the same area it is suspected of applying to.

Another is to go to the area it is assumed to apply to, and see if it matches the terrain in that area.

Even then… A lot of consideration would have to be given to how detailed, or ambiguous the map maker intended the map to be, and any security factors that may be incorporated into it. Especially if the map was believed to lead to anything of value. Anyone who looks at a treasure map, or a map that leads to a lost mine, and immediately starts forming conclusions based on superficial observations, is not someone whose opinion I would put much faith in.

Judging the validity of any map, by the spelling and grammar used on it, the material it was drawn on, or any subjective opinions, about the meaning of any symbols on it, is ridiculous, no matter who the author might have been, or when it was believed to have been drawn.

Lamar Wrote:

“This is some sort of joke, isn't it? The evidence against the stone maps being carved before the 1940s is pretty much ENDLESS! FOr example:
The style of the lettering
The style of caricatures (figures)
The Bowie knife
The shape of the heart
The position of the brand on the horse
The so-called *Spanish* words used
The grammar
The tools used to carve the stone maps”

You may believe that the reasons stated above are valid reasons for dismissing the validity of the stone maps.
I disagree.

Jim Hatt
Dear Jim Hatt;
Wait a minute please. First, I NEVER discounted the stone maps in any way for the simple and honest reason that I have NO IDEA what their intended purpose was for, HOWEVER I *feel* that they do not lead to the LDM. I honestly, and I say this with all sincerity and honesty, I do not know what the purpose of the stone maps are for and I do NOT know that they were used to intentionally misrepresent the possible location of the LDM. Many people have *assumed* that the stone maps lead the way to the entrance of the LDM, yet there is nothing that I can find on the maps themselves which leads me to believe that they are maps to the LDM.

My conclusions also reflect the general consensus among other, very highly accredited, opinions on the same subject, such as:

The stone maps are modern and they were most likely carved in the time period from the 1940s to the 1960s.

The details were carved by hand, yet the stone's facing surfaces were smoothed flat by modern machinery, as is evidenced by the microscopic tools marks are going in one direction on all of smooth faces of the maps.

The misspelling of Spanish words is highly typical of the misspelling errors committed by non-native Spanish speakers and what's more, the spelling errors are highly typical of errors committed by native English speakers who try to write phonically in Spanish. In short, the errors are typical of what a Spanish teacher would encounter among students in high school Spanish class. I verified this by showing the errors to several high school Spanish teachers and their opinions were conclusive across the board. "The person writing the sentences had a very poor grasp of the Spanish language, at least how Spanish is written."

The witch map does not depict a Jesuit, a Franciscan, or other Roman Catholic clergyman, due to the garb depicted in the caricature.

The heart is a modern rendition and it does not reflect the style of heart that was used in colonial Mexico, even during the late 1800s.

The knife depicted is a Bowie knife and it is typical of the design favored by our military during WWII. The overall shape of the blade, the handle and especially the guard tells one that the carving of the knife on the stone was rendered from an actual hunting knife, the type of which was hugely popular with sportsmen immediately following WWII. Advertisements in old copies of Field & Stream, Outdoor Life and other magazines will easily verify this.

The lettering on the stones is not the same style as found throughout Latin America which was first brought to the New World by the Spanish colonists. In fact, the lettering style is decidedly American and not Latin in origin.

The heart inset is clearly and plainly from a different stone source than it's counterpart and thus it may be surmised that the actual heart was carved first and then it's pattern was traced upon the stone map, and then the relief was carved accordingly. Also, the relief of the heart stone clearly depicts machine marks when viewed under a 10X or greater microscope.

And those are the facts, my friend. You can argue and disregard any and all of them for as long as you wish, yet the facts remain the same. Once more, I have no idea what the intended purpose of the maps were for, I only know what I was able to examine.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Ellie Baba,

That's our "Mitchell" alright. No doubt about that. There is also no no doubt that you are correct, when you say it had nothing to do with the stone maps. The claim is for an area in the Cave Creek District, which is a long way from the Superstition Mountains.

Nice find tho. Thanks for posting it.

Best,

Jim

Hi Beth,

I came across these two files and thought they may be helpful. Yes, I wish we could all stay on topic.

Ellie Baba

Attachments

• Moel_Roush_Q&A_jpeg_Page_1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Moel_Roush_Q&A_jpeg_Page_1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 291
  • Moel_Roush_Q&A_jpeg_Page_2 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Moel_Roush_Q&A_jpeg_Page_2 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 276
    136.7 KB · Views: 283
    89.2 KB · Views: 282
    89.2 KB · Views: 278
    136.7 KB · Views: 279
Jim Hatt said:
lamar said:

To close, I must now warn against the dangers of hypocrisy. It is a sin and it shows a decided lack of manners and breeding and as such, we must always be on guard against hypocrisy, lest we fall into that pit.
Your friend;

LAMAR

The “Persona” as you call it, that you have assumed to operate under in this forum (By your own admission). Tends to take on a familiar tone at times. I do find it curious that nobody but Joe has come forward to vouch for your identity?

Sometimes subtle things can offer a reasonable explanation, for what appears to be a over reactions to otherwise minor issues.

This is not my forum, but if it were… I would definitely have you on my watch list, as someone who may be harboring some kind of hidden agenda, which might ultimately develop into something that would be detrimental to the discussions.

This is the risk one takes, when intentionally engaging in the practice of assuming a false “Persona” in a public forum.

Best,

Jim
Dear Jim Hatt;
I am in no way being a hypocrite. And what sort of *hidden agenda* might I possibly have? The only *agenda* that I have is that I present the facts as I view them. Merely because I refuse to bow down to you and others of your ilk by trying to make something out of nothing should in no way warrant my making a *watch list*. And this is EXACTLY why I refuse to post on your forum. It seems that the only people who are free to express their opinions are those whom agree with your outlandish conclusions, and naturally all others would be on your *watch list*. I've been invited by several members of this forum to participate in discussions on DUSA yet I always refrain from doing so, lest I be in danger of sullying my name with conspiracy theories.

I actually do have a *hidden agenda* of sorts. My *hidden agenda* is to present *truth* and *fact* as I see them to be. I do understand that one should never permit the facts or the truth from getting in the way of an otherwise great treasure story, yet I prefer to base my searches on truth and fact instead of on rumors and suppositions.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear Lamar,

Not knowing which "Persona" you may be operating under today, I will refrain from responding to the comments in your post.

Please sign your posts with your real name in the future, so I will know to which "Persona" I am responding.

I assume you have only one real name? :dontknow:

Best,

Jim

Jim Hatt said:
lamar said:

Your friend;

LAMAR

Best,

Jim
Dear Jim Hatt;
Allow me a moment to get everything straight here. First you wrote:

My only reason for coming to T-Net, is to dispel wild theories about the stone maps and what is written on them.

And then you wrote:

I would definitely have you on my watch list, as someone who may be harboring some kind of hidden agenda, which might ultimately develop into something that would be detrimental to the discussions.

In conclusion, it would seem that YOU feel that you have the God-given right to express YOUR opinions on the subject of the Peralta Stones, yet when I try to do the same, I am accused of having a *hidden Agenda*? I would say that you are engaging in a form of hypocrisy, my friend. Would you arrive at the same conclusions?
Your friend;
LAMAR

Jim Hatt said:
Dear Lamar,

Not knowing which "Persona" you may be operating under today, I will refrain from responding to the comments in your post.

Please sign your posts with your real name in the future, so I will know to which "Persona" I am responding.

I assume you have only one real name? :dontknow:

Best,

Jim
Dear Jim Hatt;
You may address me as Lamar, as this my name.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Bluff Spring Mountain was most likely carved in the time period from the 1940s to the 1960s. :laughing7:

Attachments

• th_theheartblanco.jpg
    th_theheartblanco.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 237
  • th_theheartblanco.jpg
    th_theheartblanco.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 239
Jim Hatt said:
I have no replies for anything posted under the "Persona" of LAMAR.
Or... "Cher" or "Elvis" for that matter, and I can relate to them. :laughing9:

Best,

Jim
Dear Jim Hatt;
And for this I am eternally grateful. A good day to you, sir!
Your friend;
LAMAR

SANTA FE NEW MEXICAN said:
Bluff Spring Mountain was most likely carved in the time period from the 1940s to the 1960s. :laughing7:

Hi Santa Fe NM,

Many years ago a well known scientist gave me a great tip; If you want to prove that the markings are in fact "carved out" just simply enlist the aid of someone who has professional license to shot the area with infra red. I hired a well known geologist (Jim Rose, now deceased) and had him perform an IR Spectra on our search area. Anything that has been enhanced by the hands of men will clearly show up.

Check this IR Interpretation out.

Ellie Baba

Attachments

• Rose Interpretation 2 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Rose Interpretation 2 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 270
Great Tip Mr. Baba Thanks 21 Million! Did You Know?
The erosion rate of Mount Rushmore National Memorial is estimated by geologists at 1 inch every 10,000 years? It should be around for many years to come.

Attachments

• full-rushmore.jpg
    full-rushmore.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 209
some of you really need to take some navigational training ...wow

"some of you really need to take some navigational training ...wow" TNET Navigational Training Manual :coffee2: Course Objectives
Explore various navigational techniques
Navigate through menus and pages
Use search pages
Enter and view data
Run and view reports
Add pages to My Favorites
Sign off and clear cache
Getting help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back