The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters
Last edited:
i've talked to some of Travis's relatives..i'm convinced travis carved the stones himself

You should have talked to the only one that matters.
She would have told you he found them like he said.

wrmickel1

Good luck with the scan and your new best friend.

>>>The question is how does the place you lived become the main focus, of one's intire life. Now Most people go back to visit family I do. So then rafter that I spend the rest of my life looking for a Treasure that I know is not there cause I made the Treasure Map. Now how Rubber room is that. It makes no plausible sense, what so ever. If you puts yourself in his shoes. He's got a wife, daughter and a job which he kept. Taking trips to Az when he could to look for treasure. Wow that's all of us pretty normal guy to me. And I've spent time in my youth too! Has no bearing on me now.<<<<<<

Its rubber room to you because you don't really know Travis. You know what you've heard, you know what folks want you to believe, not what happened.

You don't know what Travis did before he moved to Hood River, don't know who he talked to, what he talked about, You haven't seen his diaries and expense entries, and what he studied, where he traveled and what he amassed along the way. I have. You don't know the true nature of his successes and failures. Have you seen "the bumper" photo negative with complete background?. I have. Have you seen the fresh made stone replicas against an Oregon backdrop? I have. You don't know his efforts to pass the torch before he died. I do.

Its all about a gotcha game because you don't like the messenger. That's your loss. I hate lost opportunities. Failure to accept what's staring you right in the face is a lost opportunity even if you can't stand the messenger. Whether that messenger's use of that information is a success or failure is of more concern to you than the substance of the message. How sad a commentary is that?

This is a bigger story than you can imagine. Far bigger than just Travis and a 1940's-1970's saga. I've told you before to open your horizons. If you want to continue to rehash old twisted stories that have gotten you nowhere; continue on and post us some more pictures of cow piles. Doesn't hurt me. But it does keep you locked in a hopeless quest. Right where the powers-at-be want you to be.

Carry on. I'm just setting here watching as you struggle with the contradictions. When you catch up I hope I will be around to see the look on your face.

>>>The question is how does the place you lived become the main focus, of one's intire life. Now Most people go back to visit family I do. So then rafter that I spend the rest of my life looking for a Treasure that I know is not there cause I made the Treasure Map. Now how Rubber room is that. It makes no plausible sense, what so ever. If you puts yourself in his shoes. He's got a wife, daughter and a job which he kept. Taking trips to Az when he could to look for treasure. Wow that's all of us pretty normal guy to me. And I've spent time in my youth too! Has no bearing on me now.<<<<<<

Its rubber room to you because you don't really know Travis. You know what you've heard, you know what folks want you to believe, not what happened.

You don't know what Travis did before he moved to Hood River, don't know who he talked to, what he talked about, You haven't seen his diaries and expense entries, and what he studied, where he traveled and what he amassed along the way. I have. You don't know the true nature of his successes and failures. Have you seen "the bumper" photo negative with complete background?. I have. Have you seen the fresh made stone replicas against an Oregon backdrop? I have. You don't know his efforts to pass the torch before he died. I do.

Its all about a gotcha game because you don't like the messenger. That's your loss. I hate lost opportunities. Failure to accept what's staring you right in the face is a lost opportunity even if you can't stand the messenger. Whether that messenger's use of that information is a success or failure is of more concern to you than the substance of the message. How sad a commentary is that?

This is a bigger story than you can imagine. Far bigger than just Travis and a 1940's-1970's saga. I've told you before to open your horizons. If you want to continue to rehash old twisted stories that have gotten you nowhere; continue on and post us some more pictures of cow piles. Doesn't hurt me. But it does keep you locked in a hopeless quest. Right where the powers-at-be want you to be.

Carry on. I'm just setting here watching as you struggle with the contradictions. When you catch up I hope I will be around to see the look on your face.

kinda reminds me of andy griffith sitting on a riverbank with a fishing pole.....except he's fishing for information instead of fish....lol

The question is how does the place you lived become the main focus, of one's intire life. Now Most people go back to visit family I do. So then rafter that I spend the rest of my life looking for a Treasure that I know is not there cause I made the Treasure Map. Now how Rubber room is that. It makes no plausible sense, what so ever. If you puts yourself in his shoes. He's got a wife, daughter and a job which he kept. Taking trips to Az when he could to look for treasure. Wow that's all of us pretty normal guy to me. And I've spent time in my youth too! Has no bearing on me now.

Some off duty cop slapped his barmaid wife in a bar. Drunk of course he looked at everyone looking at the idiot and said, anybody got a problem, I said I did! Payed him back ten fold and a tad bit more. The big tuff cop filed charges on me when he found I gave the girl money and dropped her and her daughter off at her parents house five states away.

But anyway Now how do you judge character!

wrmickel1

I like your stories, and wish you well.

If we remove the Peralta Stones (real or fake) from the Travis story, what is there to differentiate him from a thousand other Superstition searchers?

I know it was insinuated he was the greatest land treasure hunter of all time (Heinrich Schliemann and Howard Carter not withstanding, I'm sure). But where's the proof of that?

i dont give my address out to stark raving lunatics but if you come to the rendezvous i'll bring my xrf and scan your sample there

I may be a stark raving lunatic...But I have been to a certain area that I believe none of ya'll have been to...And I do have a small amount of ore left that does prove that I have been there...

And as for attending the rendezvous...I doubt that I will ever attend one of those...I have better places to go and other people to see...

At least I can say that I offered to put up...I can't help it IF there are no takers on my offer...

We'll have to wait and see what Cubfan can do...Heck...Seeing that you are out of the picture...I am even open to sending him both of the small samples that I have prepared for any takers...Hell...I am in such a generous mood...I believe that I will even let him keep my little darlings IF he does decide that he can test either of them...

I have stated that I have nothing to prove...I enlisted in the Marine Corps at the age of 18 because the recruiter told me that he didn't think that I could make it...Boy was I a sucker...I felt as IF I had to prove myself to the Corps...I don't mind stepping up to a challenge...After all...The Corps did teach me to adapt and overcome...lol

As for my little holes in the wall...IF anyone is ever lucky enough to stumble upon any of them...More power to them...I believe that all of my little holes in the wall are little needles in a giant haystack...hehehe...

Lynda

You wrote how you have seen the Travis fresh stone replicas .
Why to make replicas from the " Peralta " stone maps when he possesed the genuine small white stone maps or the other " Barn " and " Ground " maps ?

I may be a stark raving lunatic...But I have been to a certain area that I believe none of ya'll have been to...And I do have a small amount of ore left that does prove that I have been there...

And as for attending the rendezvous...I doubt that I will ever attend one of those...I have better places to go and other people to see...

At least I can say that I offered to put up...I can't help it IF there are no takers on my offer...

We'll have to wait and see what Cubfan can do...Heck...Seeing that you are out of the picture...I am even open to sending him both of the small samples that I have prepared for any takers...Hell...I am in such a generous mood...I believe that I will even let him keep my little darlings IF he does decide that he can test either of them...

I have stated that I have nothing to prove...I enlisted in the Marine Corps at the age of 18 because the recruiter told me that he didn't think that I could make it...Boy was I a sucker...I felt as IF I had to prove myself to the Corps...I don't mind stepping up to a challenge...After all...The Corps did teach me to adapt and overcome...lol

As for my little holes in the wall...IF anyone is ever lucky enough to stumble upon any of them...More power to them...I believe that all of my little holes in the wall are little needles in a giant haystack...hehehe...

thats the best offer you are getting from me...take it or leave it..

thats the best offer you are getting from me...take it or leave it..

I believe that I will be leaving it azdave...

Like I said...I have nothing to prove...I know that I have been to the area depicted in the Peralta stones...The ore that I am offering up for testing is from said area...IF Cubfan finds out on Tuesday that he can not perform any tests on said ore...I will not be disappointed...As I have steeped up and made the offer to put up...

IF I were any of ya'll and someone made an incredible claim to have been to the area depicted in the Peralta stones...Or Tayopa...Or any other well known legend of the treasure hunting world...And I had an opportunity to prove or disprove such a claim...I would jump at the chance to see the ore in question...

Hell...IF Cubfan does take me up on my offer...He can take my little babies to the Rendezvous and show them to all of you...rofl...I guess that we'll just have to wait until Tuesday and see IF he does decide that his friends are willing to perform such a test on my little silver ore...Oh...And the platinum is visible in both of the samples I have prepared for any takers on my offer...I guess that you can say that it is high grade ore, even IF it is not the bonanza ore that the Jesuits or Spanish were working...

I believe that I will be leaving it azdave...

Like I said...I have nothing to prove...I know that I have been to the area depicted in the Peralta stones...The ore that I am offering up for testing is from said area...IF Cubfan finds out on Tuesday that he can not perform any tests on said ore...I will not be disappointed...As I have steeped up and made the offer to put up...

IF I were any of ya'll and someone made an incredible claim to have been to the area depicted in the Peralta stones...Or Tayopa...Or any other well known legend of the treasure hunting world...And I had an opportunity to prove or disprove such a claim...I would jump at the chance to see the ore in question...

Hell...IF Cubfan does take me up on my offer...He can take my little babies to the Rendezvous and show them to all of you...rofl...I guess that we'll just have to wait until Tuesday and see IF he does decide that his friends are willing to perform such a test on my little silver ore...Oh...And the platinum is visible in both of the samples I have prepared for any takers on my offer...I guess that you can say that it is high grade ore, even IF it is not the bonanza ore that the Jesuits or Spanish were working...

you will have to forgive us if none of us have any interest in your ore or the area it came from..about once a month someone like you pops up claiming to have found the ldm or solved the stone maps..we didnt believe them either...lol

you will have to forgive us if none of us have any interest in your ore or the area it came from..about once a month someone like you pops up claiming to have found the ldm or solved the stone maps..we didnt believe them either...lol

Like I have stated many times before azdave...The proof is in the pudding...It does not matter to me IF any of ya'll believe me or not...I know what I know...And I really do believe that I have nothing to prove...I believe that I feel as IF I am in a generous mood...

Just last night I was beginning to think that I should remove my offer to let any of ya'll see and test my little ore...But I began to think...IF nobody has been able to find the area depicted in the Peralta stones for hundreds of years...Why should I worry about anyone having a modern day analysis of my ore???As IF that will help any discover the area in question...It may put some people in the ballpark and give them a clue as to where to look...But it will not put them in my little hole...

Old, I know you're a serious researcher with meticulous skills and abilities that I couldn't hope to match in two life-times. However, having not seen the evidence you've been privileged to view, I am still unconvinced about Travis.
The promise of upcoming revelations isn't enough to change the opinion I've formed concerning those darn Stones.
Not intentionally trying to irk you, just need more proof.

Due to your reputation alone, I am tempted to jump on board. And I am rooting for your 'team's' complete success. What a great history changing moment that would be!
But my personal doubting nature won't allow me joining the bandwagon until I see more of that convincing evidence for myself, as presented here or on the future TV program.

I know that is out of your control, so I'm/we're left waiting...still.

Last edited:
>>>>>You wrote how you have seen the Travis fresh stone replicas .
Why to make replicas from the " Peralta " stone maps when he possesed the genuine small white stone maps or the other " Barn " and " Ground " maps ? <<<<

Marius, I have to step over into speculation to answer. All I can tell you for sure is that Travis was obsessed with the information. It was never far from his mind. He was artistic in nature.

It is a common practice for artist to have multiple creations of their work. Doing it over and over to perfection. Some widely different, some only slightly different. In many cases they worked from existing studies refining them to their final product. Some had greater areas of interests in the original study not included in the final. Such (I believe) was the case with the ground map vs. trail stones.

Not that Travis was in the same class.....but Michelangelo did, as did Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci and others. We have many of those preliminary sketches to view today. I believe, but stand to be corrected, that Michelangelo's David was sketched and painted in multiple mediums before the final statue was carved. Does that distract from their work? Or nullify the original study? I don't think so.

Earnie, I feel your pain. Its torture for me too. Someday, someway. We can discuss and slice and dice. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Maybe not, but its darn interesting. Definitely different that what we thought it was. Just don't get over your skies, thinking its all hog wash. It isn't. Somebody (somebodies) went to a lot of trouble to be just hog wash.

Earnie, I feel your pain. Its torture for me too. Someday, someway. We can discuss and slice and dice. Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Maybe not, but its darn interesting. Definitely different that what we thought it was. Just don't get over your skies, thinking its all hog wash. It isn't. Somebody (somebodies) went to a lot of trouble to be just hog wash.

old:
the thing that i have trouble grasping is that so many people have been obsessed with the stone maps but nobody ever thought to go talk to the tumlinsons (until recently)...if i gave a crap about those silly rocks thats the first thing i would have done is to go talk to them...now that someone has talked to them everyone is bashing the man....i'm sure if any of you guys had taken the time and money to go see the tumlinsons you could have done the same thing ryan did....but you didn't and he did...and thats the name of that tune

>>>>>You wrote how you have seen the Travis fresh stone replicas .
Why to make replicas from the " Peralta " stone maps when he possesed the genuine small white stone maps or the other " Barn " and " Ground " maps ? <<<<

Marius, I have to step over into speculation to answer. All I can tell you for sure is that Travis was obsessed with the information. It was never far from his mind. He was artistic in nature.

It is a common practice for artist to have multiple creations of their work. Doing it over and over to perfection. Some widely different, some only slightly different. In many cases they worked from existing studies refining them to their final product. Some had greater areas of interests in the original study not included in the final. Such (I believe) was the case with the ground map vs. trail stones.

Not that Travis was in the same class.....but Michelangelo did, as did Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci and others. We have many of those preliminary sketches to view today. I believe, but stand to be corrected, that Michelangelo's David was sketched and painted in multiple mediums before the final statue was carved. Does that distract from their work? Or nullify the original study? I don't think so.

Well Travis didn't make em,

wrmickel1

So you hold that Travis carved the Stone Maps?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back