RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s freaking boiling here in southwest Virginia. And I can’t dig in this hard ace ground even if I had a jackhammer.
So here I am looking over the forums to see where people are digging.
And I wanted to share a little something with everyone. I hope you can use the idea, if you can’t. I’m sorry
I’ve carried all my equipment in just about everything I could think of, and still run out of room or pockets.
So I dug my trout fishing chest pack out. I wish I had thought of this before now. It works great!
I’m thinking of going with a little bigger one. Medium size is ok, but I believe the large will be the ticket !

Made it through that squall.....mac island dead ahead 33 miles. Low of 57 tonight on the island....say what ?? I quit.....send me home !!

bart you best watch out for frostbite to any exposed skin.

raw

I went out in my yard, and found a 1971 Canadian penny, and a dime. There was only a little bit of melting when I came back in.:laughing7:

There's always one.:BangHead:

Some guys come onto the arrowhead forum, and proceed to show us a pile of rocks, that they say are artifacts. Yeah right. They're just rocks. Anyway, they get pi$$ed off at the THOUGHT that what we all say they are just rocks, so they leave in a huff, and troll the next unfortunate website.

Then, we have those guys who say they made huge archaeological finds in a field where "experts" found "artifacts" and they show us...another rock. They claim to have papers backing up their story, and they usually throw out some society they are a member of. Then, once again, they leave in a huff, at the thought of someone mentioning the fact that they are wrong.

If someone identifies something you found, as being something else, or nothing at all, please don't defend the find to the death. That's not cool when you know you're wrong, but you won't let anybody else know that.

One of my favorite reads hillbilly......lolonois was a brutal sea dog with a passionate hatred for the spanish. He cheated death more than once at the hands of the spanish. Supposedly he cut the beating heart out of a spanish prisoner and forced it down the throat of another !! He was a truly brutal buccaneer. One of the best reads on the Buccaneers and a true favorite of mine !! Wish I was born then. Check out the exploits of black bart sharp.....not to be confused with black bart Robert's. Incredible stories !!

Here are a couple of places anyone can read the English translation for free, or download. Paperback on amazon for about 15 bucks.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/exploring-the-early-americas/interactives/buccaneers-of-america/#1

https://archive.org/details/historybuccanee02perkgoog/page/n8

"Buccaneers were a cross between genuine privateers, commissioned to defend a country’s colonies and trade, and outright pirates.

Typically English, French, and Dutch adventurers, the buccaneers plied the waters among the Caribbean islands, and along the coasts of Central America, Venezuela, and Colombia more than 300 years ago.

“The Buccaneers of America” is a remarkable eyewitness account by Alexander Exquemelin, first published in 1678.

Alexander Exquemelin, thought to be a French surgeon who enlisted with the buccaneers for a time, chronicles the bold feats of these raiders as they disrupted shipping on the high seas and terrorized Caribbean settlements.

Exquemelin provides fascinating details of the French presence in Hispaniola (now Haiti and the Dominican Republic), describes the features of that country and its inhabitants, and comments at length on the origin of the buccaneers, vividly recounting their rules of conduct and way of life.

These bold plunderers come across as shrewd strategists, crack shots, fine navigators, wild debauchers, and greedy adventurers who frequently engaged in vicious acts of cruelty.

De Americaensche Zee-rovers.
By Alexander O. Exquemelin, 1645-1707.
Originally published in Amsterdam: Jan ten Hoorn, 1678"

20190720_200919.jpg safe and sound at mac island.....another 215 nautical miles under the belt. Cheers mates.15636683221417506377821026202793.jpg

It’s freaking boiling here in southwest Virginia. And I can’t dig in this hard ace ground even if I had a jackhammer.
And I wanted to share a little something with everyone. I hope you can use the idea, if you can’t. I’m sorry
I’ve carried all my equipment in just about everything I could think of, and still run out of room or pockets.
So I dug my trout fishing chest pack out. I wish I had thought of this before now. It works great!
I’m thinking of going with a little bigger one. Medium size is ok, but I believe the large will be the ticket !
I indeed have had the same idea......great for the survivalist too I would think.

7mmstw,

Thanks for the tip and welcome to our band of pirates.

Great Bart you're in harbor safe & sound. Hope all is well and goes smoothly for you guys.

We would send you some heat from down here, but i doubt UPS could get it there by bed time. Think warm thoughts, just not too hot. [emoji16]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RR,

Thanks for the chuckles....I do admin on the Canadian detecting forum and quite often someone will post up a button with a military theme and ask for an id.

First question we ask do you have a picture of the back or is the back rusted iron.

When they say the back is rusted iron we tell them it's a civilian blazer button and not military and they get their nose out of joint....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Welcome to the admin club grasshopper.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

There's always one.:BangHead:

Some guys come onto the arrowhead forum, and proceed to show us a pile of rocks, that they say are artifacts. Yeah right. They're just rocks. Anyway, they get pi$$ed off at the THOUGHT that what we all say they are just rocks, so they leave in a huff, and troll the next unfortunate website.

Then, we have those guys who say they made huge archaeological finds in a field where "experts" found "artifacts" and they show us...another rock. They claim to have papers backing up their story, and they usually throw out some society they are a member of. Then, once again, they leave in a huff, at the thought of someone mentioning the fact that they are wrong.

If someone identifies something you found, as being something else, or nothing at all, please don't defend the find to the death. That's not cool when you know you're wrong, but you won't let anybody else know that.

Nice picture selection, Cap!

Lets see here

Picture one: Captured confederate stragglers on Seminary Ridge, Gettysburg, on July 15th 1863.

Picture two: members of the 23rd Ohio infantry

Picture 3: Repeat of picture 1

Picture 4: I am not sure of the unit, but I believe they are camping in, or near Culpeper Virginia.

Picture 5: Search me.

Picture 6: A group of foreign observers, with General George Stoneman, at Falmouth Virginia, 1863.

I didn't cheat like a certain somebody either, Cap.:laughing7:

Goodnight also from me.

Swab a deck or tie a knot in a rope or something.... err do both at the same time.

There I gave some orders in order to sound like a captain of a ship.

Now... take the wheel...

***ARC dives overboard***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back