RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey BlackBart, a low a 57*F. is fair on a July night Great Lakes country. The average temperature of Wi us exactly the same as the average tempreture of Lake Michigan - 42* F..

Good idea getting off the boat with the broken rudder log. Man, some of those yacht racers are stupid crazy. Fresh water weather ain't like salt weather. The waves are much closer together, steeper, and rolling. Add that to the crazy east wind we've been getting this year... ...man what an adventure. I hope that race don't get too exciting.

Rusty Relics, if you can make it to WI my cousin is getting married next Saturday. I'm bringing apoitizers, smoked pike with horseradish, capers, and crackers of various design. (Both Ritz, and Triscuit!). You are invited. Bring one of them bikini girls you are always posting photos of. : )

Dang! Bet that was fun.

Yeah it was.

Do you want to hear about it?

It was epic. I was fishing for walleye casting a crawler harness into about 20'-25' of water while I was anchored in about 10' of water on the edge of a reef that reaches out into the lake about 300 yards from shore. About half the time I get a hit I don't even feel a tap, and that the way this northern hit. It just felt like I ran the crawler into weeds- but there ain't no weeds on the bottom in 20' of water.

After I set the hook it came towards me real easy at first. It started shaking it's head and taking a bit of drag every time it shook, then it kinda angles out along the reef taking drag. Got it up to boat twice but I couldn't see what it was. It was keeping deep. I knew it was not a walleye, that's for sure! Finally got it up to within three feet of the surface and I get a real good look at it.

It just rises to the surface and looks at me like - :tard: What's next M.F.er? :tard:

So I get the net out. I creeped it on in reeling real mellow. Tried to scoop it in and it freaks right the heck out. Jumped it's way across the surface taking drag till it was about 15 yards away. Then it gives me that creepy "whatchagonnadonow!?" look again. I creeped it on in on to the gunnel again real mellow and swept the net at it. I got it folded in and scooped it into my 11' plywood skiff.

I thought the aluminum net was going to break, not the Dacron net, the aluminum frame. I got it in the boat all mellow and it freaked right the heck out. I'm lucky I didn't lose any hardware, or tackle, or the other two rods I had in the boat. It was a close call when my portable clamp on stern light almost got jettisoned but I let go the net and grabbed the light on its way out.

If it would of swam into the zebra mussels in the weeds on the reef it would have broke me off in a heartbeat. I ran back straight to the dock and straight to the neighbor's ice box. Tee hee!

Something I’m proud of IMG_2717.jpgIMG_2724.jpg

Hallo, Tom! How's the weather over there in Krautland? It's a lil' warm over here...

-

Thunderstorms, than 30° C, than freezing cold, rain, again cold, than again 28° C....

And all this on to days :laughing7:

We still waiting for summer! Damn global cooling.... I bet we get an other little ice age :headbang:

Where did you find that?

It a French/Spanish Fort built in 1808. The Colonial era fort protected the Lake Pontchartrain entrance of Bayou St. John. The first small fort here was erected by the French in 1701, before the founding of the city of New Orleans, to protect the important trade route along Bayou St. John. After Louisiana passed to Spanish control, a larger brick fort was constructed at the site of the neglected old French fortification; this was known as San Juan del Bayou. Louisiana passed back to France and then to the hands of the United States. The fort was decommissioned in 1823.

So I’m in the while shell mound hardest to dig and it’s brutal with iron bits, but it has produced a grapeshot, infantry, scripted “I” pewter and some colonial buttons. But when I was chancing a high tone then realized I was big iron deep, so I kept break those shells until I pulled it out and said,” Pretty cool looking ax head. The showed my “ax head” to TNET and sure did edutme. Lol

A true gem in my collection a tomahawk.

Rusty Relics, if you can make it to WI my cousin is getting married next Saturday. I'm bringing apoitizers, smoked pike with horseradish, capers, and crackers of various design. (Both Ritz, and Triscuit!). You are invited. Bring one of them bikini girls you are always posting photos of. : )
======
RR is living in self exile. He made himself an ankle bracelet with built in GPS device so he can NOT cross the Mason Dixon line. ANYTHING associated with a Yankee is not legitimate. :tongue3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back